• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So geno really is a spirit?
According to the data mine, yes, but so is Mallow.

It's a very weird situation in my opinion because it shows or implies rather that a sole conversation was had about Super Mario RPG with Square.

This is actually more than any other potential Square rep has.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if Square really is playing hardball? It's most likely easier to use these two than anyone else since they clearly now have not only discussed Geno, but Mallow as well.

But it could just all be to the complicated nature of the rights of most Square characters that we don't see Spirits or mentions of anyone else as well.

D

Deleted member

I love how alucard talks about richter being possessed. I love that alucard just shows up at all honestly.

D

Deleted member

Ryu's guidance is so good.

"It's Ryu! Or is it Ryu?" - Probably references the incorrect pronunciation of his name, but I can't confirm through text.

"He's faced off against all kinds of competitors over the years. Cyborgs, androids, mutants, giant monsters, super heroes, aliens, and demons to name a few." - Seems like a reference to all his crossover appearances, but the "mutants" and "super heroes" is totally a Marvel vs. Capcom reference, and that's just awesome to see.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really wanna dub the Palutena's guidance for Ice Climbers now...Should I do it?
Maybe fan dub a few others too...

Link to all the newcomer/returning palutena's guidances?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has a Celica spirit been shown that isn't a variant?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm just going to wait and watch the videos of the Palutena guidences. Hearing it in the voices will be a better first time.

It's cool to see him at least, but I know some people who think spirits are deconfirmdations, so yeah. I don't mind though
I myself hope they aren't deconfirmations(Shantae please) but we need to wait and see, Plus some key characters aren't spirits either...

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Does anyone have a pastebin link to all of the spirits from datamining? Or something like that?

D

Deleted member

Ryu's guidance is so good.

"It's Ryu! Or is it Ryu?" - Probably references the incorrect pronunciation of his name, but I can't confirm through text.

"He's faced off against all kinds of competitors over the years. Cyborgs, androids, mutants, giant monsters, super heroes, aliens, and demons to name a few." - Seems like a reference to all his crossover appearances, but the "mutants" and "super heroes" is totally a Marvel vs. Capcom reference, and that's just awesome to see.
They referenced Marvel in smash. Wolverine’s in.
For real that’s a really cool reference though.

Also I need to hear what ics sound like and what their portrait is.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Pit's thoughts on Cloud:

"He's like 50% hair spray.

And 50% Buster Sword."

Okay...right...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just to ask, if a Day 1 Patch is possible and it's hinted that Homerun Contest and Stage Builder are part of it, isn't it also possible for the Day 1 Patch to have other things, like bosses and whatnot? I mean, is it possible for part of a Day 1 patch to have things that were taken out to be put back in in case the game got leaked or something? Like, I'm not trying to raise hopes, but I'm asking, is that possible or has that happened before?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Time to bring back this argument and see people stupidly try to debunk it using random variations on characters
There was a problem fetching the tweet

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I love how alucard talks about richter being possessed. I love that alucard just shows up at all honestly.
They had his VA in for both languages; Yuri in English, and they have a pick of two for Japanese-- Hikaru Midorikawa (also Marth) and Ryotaro Okiayu (Zero, though they could've just been reusing prior clips for the AT).

Has a Celica spirit been shown that isn't a variant?
Alm & Celica (Young)
Alm & Celica

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Time to bring back this argument and see people stupidly try to debunk it using random variations on characters
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is for base game. There is nothing said that a Spirit can not get its fighting body back.

Right now, untill Sakurai outright says, "No Spirits will be fighters" then anything is possible

Iridium

Smash Hero
@Tougon, life conferences in Pichu's Guidance:

"Why is it that smaller fighters are always fast?

You'll understand when you grow up, Pit.

One day you'll wake up unable to do things you could in the past.

That's...depressing.

Ohhhhhhhh. Is that what it's like for you, Lady Palutena?

Don't make me smite you."

Jeez...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
she is so cold blooded in some of these guidances...and I think that’s rubbing off on Pit
Why do KI fans act like it's bigger than it really is? There are like 5+ franchises that are just as prominent with less characters right now.
We don’t though
"Now, Pit, I'm sure those abandoned Pokémon are all playing together at a farm upstate."
he can’t be blamed for thinking such a thing

D

Deleted member

Even if Marvel got a rep in Smash, Wolverine would not be in... At least first.

Mostly because he wasn’t created by Stan Lee. If we want mutants, then we could get Magneto, Storm or Jean Grey first. Wolverine would be in at best after a character created by Stan Lee.

For Marvel reps, i would prefer one of these three: the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man or Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom