• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
K I can only read back so many pages before my brain starts yelling at me. Anyone mind telling me where everyone's getting this notion of 30 DLC characters (or at least more beyond the 6 we know about, or whatever it is)?

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Reminder that Verg also talked to Loz.

And Verg actively endorsed Hitagi.

All he said about this new guys is "Yeah, I've messaged him before".
Exactly he never once said that what this guy said is accurate all he said is that he spoke to them before that's it.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I don't think many people are legitimately expecting 30 DLC characters, but the placeholders do seem to indicate that the first fighter pass might not be the end, even if they don't all get filled up.
Wait placeholders? We found placeholders now?
Though on another topic even if we were to get 30 characters it's not like they would be put out all at once. It's likely to be spread out through several years. We wouldn't have 5 fighters passes worth of characters dumped on us all at once. It would likely follow the way the first pass is going where we get like 5 or 6 a year for like $25.
Anyone keeping up with the game could likely handle that just fine.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I dunno if this is it chief, but I've been thinking about this ever since I listened to Ultimate's Final Destination theme.

My tentative Final Destination theme tier list so far looks like this:

Brawl > Ultimate = Smash 4 Ver. 2 > Melee > Smash 4 Ver. 1 > 64

Thoughts?
I was conceived to brawl's fd theme
hands down the best the rest are negligible

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Music Spoilers never concerned me. Seeing story elements being leaked though...? I dont think it will bother me much.

Plus, I am on here for my friend's sake. They are not on Smashboards at all and I am kind of being the news guy for them.

Soooo....I will be strong for them!

I got spoiled on Breath of the Wild on A LOT of things (Especially Calamatiy Ganon and Beast Ganon Fight), so I dont think this will

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
K I can only read back so many pages before my brain starts yelling at me. Anyone mind telling me where everyone's getting this notion of 30 DLC characters (or at least more beyond the 6 we know about, or whatever it is)?
I hear it's 29 cause we know plant, and I'm also hearing alts such as from robin or the koopalings take ids too, so there are 29 placeholder ids of characters and alts we don't know are in the game

D

Deleted member

Ooh-rah.
In case you don't understand that there's 30 placeholders for characters grouped with all the other fighters, so it's not unreasonable to assume that there's gonna be more than 1 fighter pass, otherwise why add that many placeholders aside from future-proofing?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay I know the intro and some menus leaked but I missed them and does anyone have a mirror of them?

Someone had to have downloaded it, right?

I saw it. The dude recording it was ****ing annoying. Good intro though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Music Spoilers never concerned me. Seeing story elements being leaked though...? I dont think it will bother me much.

Plus, I am on here for my friend's sake. They are not on Smashboards at all and I am kind of being the news guy for them.

Soooo....I will be strong for them!

I got spoiled on Breath of the Wild on A LOT of things (Especially Calamatiy Ganon and Beast Ganon Fight), so I dont think this will
In this case music spoilers are also story spoilers so watch out

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was listening to Ring Dong Dang and saw these dancing plants oh my god
Piranha Plant Gang National Anthem found
I dunno if this is it chief, but I've been thinking about this ever since I listened to Ultimate's Final Destination theme.

My tentative Final Destination theme tier list so far looks like this:

Brawl > Ultimate = Smash 4 Ver. 2 > Melee > Smash 4 Ver. 1 > 64

Thoughts?
Same thing as you...only I placed Melee Menu Ver.2 above them all

D

Deleted member

I hear it's 29 cause we know plant, and I'm also hearing alts such as from robin or the koopalings take ids too, so there are 29 placeholder ids of characters and alts we don't know are in the game
Actually alt costumes are probably stored with the data of the fighter, so they wouldn't take up placeholders like that. I modded the **** out of Smash 4 and that's how the Koopalings, Alph, and opposite gender versions of characters are handled in that game's files. The only exceptions are Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Wario Man, Mega Lucario and Mega Zard.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean... maybe? I feel like most of it will be the newcomer trailers, the intro, the WoL opening, so there could be another cutscene or two.
There's 17 MP4 videos in the game. I don't think we'll be out in the dark for cutscenes this time.

Roberk

Smash Champion
uh oh, we may be getting multiple cutscenes
"Movies" has been known, it could just be the newcomer trailers and Lifelight though. However, I'm thinking we'll get at least two more cutscenes in WoL to resemble a basic story structure of a climax and a conclusion with Lifelight being the beginning.

There's 17 MP4 videos in the game. I don't think we'll be out in the dark for cutscenes this time.
Source?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I mean... maybe? I feel like most of it will be the newcomer trailers, the intro, the WoL opening, so there could be another cutscene or two.
The Opening Cutscene showed a dark tree or something. We may see more than we are expecting. And by expecting, I mean maybe 4 more scenes.
EDIT: @TotsBS Almost forgot about the MP4's. Lord, I cannot wait!

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If you take out the intro and the six newcomer trailers, then that's still 10 WoL cutscenes, which sounds reasonable. Especially since they presumably need to explain Darz and everything.

D

Deleted member

If you take out the intro and the six newcomer trailers, then that's still 10 WoL cutscenes, which sounds reasonable. Especially since they presumably need to explain Darz and everything.
If I'm gonna be real, 11 World of Light cutscenes are a perfectly fine amount for the Adventure Mode. World of Light really does seem like Melee's Adventure Mode with bits and pieces of Subspace Emissary all over, and I think that's something everyone can get down with, and I wanted the most, so I'm really happy.

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
Okay I know the intro and some menus leaked but I missed them and does anyone have a mirror of them?

Someone had to have downloaded it, right?

I saw it. The dude recording it was ****ing annoying. Good intro though.
I got it

potato69

Smash Apprentice
This looks like a cutscene to me. I wonder what this thing is.
Edit: as mentioned by others, this is likely Reset Bomb Forest
Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 9.50.41 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom