• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Dunno if this has been posted already, but this Wicked Child mix is SWEEEEET

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

I LOVE VIOLIN WHEN ITS DONE WELL AND STALKER IS JUST AS MARCHY AS I THOUGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GREAT

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
whoever the cut fighter was, i'm guessing it was first party. don't think they are gonna go through the hassle of licensing just to cut the character.
My guess Is Monster Hunter could actually be the first DLC character, and is much further along than the other 4 possibly. Its only a rumor that the SE character is first. It could very well be Capcom.

D

Deleted member

I'm freaking out guys. All these songs are absolute bangers, how is this possible? It should be illegal to have a soundtrack this good.
So you’re suggesting we throw Sakurai into jail? I can get down with that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On the Capcom topic, throw in as many as you want. **** I've been waiting for Nintendo vs Capcom for a while so I'm good. You could even just add more Mega Man and Street Fighter characters, no complains whatsoever.
Capcom? My choices are:

• Amaterasu (Okami)
  • Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
  • Chris Redfield
  • Chun-Li
  • Monster Hunter
There are many more I would like to see but there's only five DLC fighters so...

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
If I had to offer a potential reason, the games themselves aren't super popular in Japan. Remember, as a limited Gamestop release in NA it sold more than in any other region. And people were calling 2 a failure after only a look at initial Japanese sales. Xenoblade honestly seems to have more of a fandom in the West than Japan.
I hear the same can be applied to Sonic kinda, people always say it has low popularity in the East compared to Western areas like the Americas and Europe.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Capcom? My choices are:

• Amaterasu (Okami)
  • Chris Redfield
  • Chun-Li
  • Monster Hunter
There are many more I would like to see but there's only five DLC fighters so...
Mine would be:
-Frank West
-Leon Kennedy
-Phoenix Wright

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
The Monster Hunter, if they get in, should be like Robin and have both sexes, especially if they have the Rathaolos Armor, the male version covering up the face is pretty cool looking. Marvel Infinite only had the Female unfortunately, but it made sense since there only 4 chicks in it compared to Marvel 3 having 12.
Here's hoping it would be the 3rd/4th gen armor design and not the ugly early gen design Capcom brought back for World because they had to make that game as aesthetically dull as possible

Between the Raths, you have enough for color palette references already.

D

Deleted member

Capcom? My choices are:

• Amaterasu (Okami)
  • Chris Redfield
  • Chun-Li
  • Monster Hunter
If Okami gets in the Smash Ultimate roster, it is a rule that we MUST have this masterpiece of a song in the game.

Yes, this is an actual song in Okami.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I find it hilarious that people have access to the games internal data but we can't for the life of us find out if there is a title/intro Cutscene yet lol

D

Deleted member

no chickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachickachicka

not a 20/10 track like it could be

10/10 tho
Damn, only a 10/10 track? Sakurai is really losing his touch smh

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So, Monster Hunter is listed under the list of fighters, and there was someone who was cut.
Send me this list.

Because that missing slot is not a third party. All third parties are listed at the end of their game's section, excluding Smash 4's DLC for obvious reasons.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I don't know why so many people get hung up on which companies characters are owned by and not the characters themselves. Maybe the reason why Capcom has a lot of representation in Smash is because they happen to have the most iconic and popular franchises out of any third party company.
Or maybe, they're the easiest to work with; seeing how they shove Ryu around very liberally...

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Right now I'm assuming people think Monster Hunter is in the "character section" because of the music list? I haven't seen anything else but I only just logged on for today. If there's another reason people think MH is in the "character section," send it my way, because the music list does not show that at all.

D

Deleted member

Okay but where's Tide Goes Out? And Tidal Rush?
That's what I wanna know, man.

Has anyone made a complete Splatoon OST list yet?

Also, after listening to the full Bomb Rush Blush remix...I'm starting to struggle with choosing this game's best song. Gang Plank Galleon is musical heaven, but that Bomb Rush Blush remix...THAT REMIX. HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I really hope there's more new Wind Waker music like a new Great Sea mix or Makar and Medli's prayer/Title theme

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Or maybe, they're the easiest to work with; seeing how they shove Ryu around very liberally...
That, too. Square Enix is really stingy with their characters and music, and the composers didn't feel the need to give Sonic more than one remix for some reason. Maybe Sega was responsible for Shadow not being included as an echo, but that's just a theory.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
4 Ultimate had broke a million in the West at that point. Nintendo themselves helped localize and publish the 3DS games, as well.
I found where you got that info. And wow, how come no one told me about this **** in Ultimate base game speculation until now:

"Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate" Becomes the First Title in this Series to Top One Million Units Shipped in Europe and North America!"

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e150414.html

Not really sure if this means combining the sales for Europe or NA, or if it means they shipped 1 million copies in each region.

But if Capcom considered that to be a success in the West in early 2015, then I suppose I cannot ignore the possibility of being chosen base game now.

That's as much of a notable success as Tales of Symphonia gaining its first worldwide success. I wish someone told me this info long time ago. -_-

Send me this list.

Because that missing slot is not a third party. All third parties are listed at the end of their game's section, excluding Smash 4's DLC for obvious reasons.
I'm just gathering general thoughts on what people are speculating with the data.

I have absolutely no clue what part of the data indicates what vaan.

Sorry if I worded my statement incorrectly. :L

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Right now I'm assuming people think Monster Hunter is in the "character section" because of the music list? I haven't seen anything else but I only just logged on for today. If there's another reason people think MH is in the "character section," send it my way, because the music list does not show that at all.
That's the only reason people believe that yea

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
apparently what was seen was that the MH music was under "fighter franchise" or something. I haven't actually seen the list/data myself so I couldn't say

D

Deleted member

Reach for the Stars is confirmed to return. Glad to see that Owl City is back in Smash. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom