• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Talk about Smash? What do you think this is, some kind of Ultimate General Thread? This is clearly a social thread.

Anyhoo, let's talk about the original 8: Who is gonna be the first one you play as, given the starting roster? My first few matches will be with Mario, as he's my favorite out of the original 8.
Assuming he's the same beast that he was in 64, :ultpikachu:
Beside's he's always been one of my mains

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Talk about Smash? What do you think this is, some kind of Ultimate General Thread? This is clearly a social thread.

Anyhoo, let's talk about the original 8: Who is gonna be the first one you play as, given the starting roster? My first few matches will be with Mario, as he's my favorite out of the original 8.
Mine will be Pikachu because he (or in this case she) was my main in Smash 64

D

Deleted member

Kirby. I wish I could be Ness, but alas.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Ditto. I will be playing mostly as him to unlock the others, or until I unlock my favorites.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Your ****posts disappoint me Smashboards. You missed the best one...

280F826C-F86A-4544-86A7-DDB6B98FCA50.jpeg

The pupper is dead now. Died from the blast of a Laser Firing Space Pterodactyl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If a user is causing trouble, please stop replying to them. It only makes it harder for us to clean up. Just report 'em.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My most hype moments?

The first Trailer with Inkling.
EVERYONE IS HERE!
K Rool's trailer.
Incineroar's trailer. (especially this one!)

I love Ridley now, but he had to grow on me. The Belmonts do nothing for me. I was excited for Isabelle, but her trailer was kinda boring.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

View attachment 178595
The pupper is dead now. Died from the blast of a Laser Firing Space Pterodactyl.
Isabelle got killed by Ridley! My life is complete. Also, what attack was that where she fired that blue laser? That's not part of her final smash

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Most hype moment for me was learning that run-cancelling was gonna be a thing.

That was basically all I thought about for the next week.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

Mario for me too he is Mr video game after all.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Playstation All Stars was a missed oppertunity in general.
Yes it was... kind of want to see a reboot with a higher budget and more time and effort put into it... Maybe this time, they could put in some classic characters that they missed in the first game like Crash, Lara Croft, and the Wanderer (Who btw is fully owned by Sony... Why didn't they add him?)...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What Smash Bros. game had the most notorious leaks?
Playstation All Stars was a missed oppertunity in general.
Your spelling improving is a missed opportunity.
I am just joking, do not take me seriously please.

View attachment 178595
Nah, she is happy and in good condition. She won.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yes it was... kind of want to see a reboot with a higher budget and more time and effort put into it... Maybe this time, they could put in some classic characters that they missed in the first game like Crash, Lara Croft, and the Wanderer (Who btw is fully owned by Sony... Why didn't they add him?)...
Maybe rebooted as a 2D fighter. That'd be cool. Just hope the roster is better.

D

Deleted member

Assuming he's the same beast that he was in 64, :ultpikachu:
Beside's he's always been one of my mains
Mine will be Pikachu because he (or in this case she) was my main in Smash 64
I really like Pikachu too! I'll probably give her (can't resist that Pikachu Libre alt) some solid playtime as well.

Kirby. I wish I could be Ness, but alas.
I also plan on playing some Kirby. I'd play Ness too, but as you've already said, that sadly won't be possible out of the box.

D

Deleted member

If this happened, I'd be hoping for some of the weirdo characters from the first game to come back, like Fat Princess and Parappa. Game did have some legitimately good ideas, it was just held back by its budget, and Sony not owning half of the true icons of their system.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The moment Ivysaur appeared in "Everyone is Here!" was my most hype moment.

I got the character I voted for in the ballot, so I was ecstatic.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Yoshi Flustered.jpg

A big mystery wouldn't you say? :yoshi:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never played the game, but the idea of only specials can KO still baffles me and makes me want to stay away.
This is a concept that just makes fighting games unfun to deal with. That's great for challenge matches or even fair for a bonus(or regular) boss. But regular gameplay? It just weakens it. Trying to be special just for the sake of it doesn't make it good.

You don't always need some kind of gimmick. Sometimes keeping it simple is fine. And simple doesn't mean "2D, HP Bars only", it means not going overboard with unique mechanics. It's fine to let it be deep too. Things like character customization and custom items aren't bad. That doesn't take it too far, and that kind of stuff can get turned off in competitive play. Or even during Arcade Mode. Which means you have nice balance.

For instance, to defeat Gargos in Killer Instinct Gold, you must use a Ring Out(called Knock Off in this series). This is fine. It's just one boss. It's not the whole game. And it's only in Arcade Mode, not applying to the playable version. Take a hint from this when making a fighting game. Make it fun and balanced, but let it shine with fun and unique mechanics too.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I'll roll with Link. He's the one who clicks with me the most of the original 8 (3 guesses as to why and the first two don't count).

Noipoi

Howdy!

I was gonna be Pikachu anyway because Pokemon owns my soul and I like it's playstyle., but now i've really gotta be Pikachu.
In reference to my stupid Daughter, Star.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I used to main :samus64: so :samus64:.

Then switch to :ness64: and keep using him until I get :4littlemac:

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What Smash Bros. game had the most notorious leaks?

Your spelling improving is a missed opportunity.
I am just joking, do not take me seriously please.

Nah, she is happy and in good condition. She won.
Well, Isabelle is pretty high tier from what I hear. Also, I wonder how many people who dislike Isabelle cringed at her winning in that video

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even then, specials being the only way to kill someone could have worked if the game was balanced around that.

Instead PSASBR was an unbalanced mess with several characters spamming specials left and right and others struggling to get level three cause its their only good move.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You Ivysaur fans really stuck it out

I often forget how we saw Squirtle and Ivysaur returning as "not happening"'s as well.

Good on you guys.
You're not the only one.

I voted for Ivysaur thinking to myself, "This is a lost cause".

But I did it anyway, because I wanted it back so bad.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think we can all agree that the entirety of the Everyone is Here trailer was the best trailer

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think we can all agree that the entirety of the Everyone is Here trailer was the best trailer
The Melee CGI trailer was always kino to me.

Melee was home to some of my favorite designs of characters :luigimelee::ganondorfmelee::roymelee::falconmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee:
and then theres :yoshimelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom