• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Shonen Jump Vs Capcom is the biggest WHY DONT YOU ****ERS MAKE THIS GAME of all time
Ugh, seriously! There's like three other companies they could have collaborated with to make the next big crossover, but no. We need to have ourselves the 10th Marvel Vs. game. I even tried to warn the Mahvel fanboys what a sequel after 3 would entail ever since Disney acquired rights to Marvel. Oh boy, the Monkey's Paw is a ***** I tell you.

Hopefully, this all builds up into the next best thing no later than 10 years from now. If Capcom works out a deal with Namco, Nintendo, and Sega, and makes a 4-way vs. game with them, I think I can forgive their Marvel boner. Shonen Jump vs. Capcom between that point and now would be pretty neat though, all things considered.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honestly, it shouldn't matter if the moves are terrible. Why would Sakurai say, "LOL those moves are sooooo baaaad!! No way I'm letting those competitive failures in Smash!!"
I think the point is that the Pokémon company had no interest in promoting them if they were given such terrible abilities. Just look at the case with Greninja, he got the best ability of the three and the other two got gimmicks.

I see people are still using the dumb as hell "an archer character would be redundant because Link and Pit's neutral specials exist" train of thought.

Pro tip: If you thought it was stupid when people thought Bowser eliminated the need for a fiery grappler, I'm right there with you. Just realize that if you think a single neutral special represents all of archery, you're doing the same thing and are, thus, a hypocrite.
I dont why being an archer would be an original thing though. I remember reading how it being an archer was a point in his favor since we never got a "true" archer in smash. Wasnt the whole reason people attacked that point because Decidueye fans brought it up as a point? Just like how the reason of being a "true" grappler was being brought up by Incineroar fans and critiqued as such? My point is basically that people will critizise any point brought up for the inclusion of any char. Though it seems Sakurai agrees with incineroar fans. It is also a msytery what he thinks of Decidueye as a true archer or if smash needs a dedicated archer.

Give us a Fairy Type Sakurai

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ugh, seriously! There's like three other companies they could have collaborated with to make the next big crossover, but no. We need to have ourselves the 10th Marvel Vs. game. I even tried to warn the Mahvel fanboys what a sequel after 3 would entail ever since Disney acquired rights to Marvel. Oh boy, the Monkey's Paw is a ***** I tell you.

Hopefully, this all builds up into the next best thing no later than 10 years from now. If Capcom works out a deal with Namco, Nintendo, and Sega, and makes a 4-way vs. game with them, I think I can forgive their Marvel boner. Shonen Jump vs. Capcom between that point and now would be pretty neat though, all things considered.
You mean like Project X Zone?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Alright,what would it do?

What does the concept are tell you about it?
oooh I'l take this one~
Primarina's Dex entry stating that it can control water bubbles in the air could easily be used as an aerial trapping move, where Sparkling Aria summons a bubble and allows Primarina full control over it in the air at any given time by using the special move associated with it, Misty Terrain could have been a buff that lowers the knockback of moves that hit Primarina as long as it's on the ground, Captivate or Baby-Doll Eyes could be either a command grab or counter that lowers the opponents attack power. Beyond that simply taking the circus performer motif really makes Primarina jump out, with ring and ball tossing, spotlights, juggling, trapeze performance, and other such flashy moves.

You don't have to knock other Pokemon here, Incineroar's already in the game.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

After MVC MCU edition I dont wanna see anything closely related to MVC for awhile. Even if it means another 10 Capcom vs SNK games.

Pakky

Smash Hero
oooh I'l take this one~
Primarina's Dex entry stating that it can control water bubbles in the air could easily be used as an aerial trapping move, where Sparkling Aria summons a bubble and allows Primarina full control over it in the air at any given time by using the special move associated with it, Misty Terrain could have been a buff that lowers the knockback of moves that hit Primarina as long as it's on the ground, Captivate or Baby-Doll Eyes could be either a command grab or counter that lowers the opponents attack power. Beyond that simply taking the circus performer motif really makes Primarina jump out, with ring and ball tossing, spotlights, juggling, trapeze performance, and other such flashy moves.

You don't have to knock other Pokemon here, Incineroar's already in the game.
Creating a dialogue and asking others to explain themselves is not malicious nor mean spirited.

Thank you for your set its pretty good :)

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros, but without main characters and villains

Who would you put in the roster?

I would pick Sylux, Dixie Kong and Guile for sure.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros, but without main characters and villains

Who would you put in the roster?

I would pick Sylux, Dixie Kong and Guile for sure.
Pepper Clark I guess
(she's from LPS :troll:)

Last edited by a moderator:

beans

Smash Lord
So a topic to continue the talk.
If you got a newcomer in and could chose a costume and a stage for it, who, what and where would you choose?
Mine is Professor Layton, Eternal Diva stage, soccer costume.

D

Deleted member

If you got a newcomer in and could chose a costume and a stage for it, who, what and where would you choose?
Crash Bandicoot, a Uka Uka and Aku Aku mask for the Mii (they are decided for gender, to get both in) and a stage in the form of the Warproom from Crash Warped (it would work like Kalos’ League).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Eight. The Moonshadow Land. Dracovian Armour

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
After MVC MCU edition I dont wanna see anything closely related to MVC for awhile. Even if it means another 10 Capcom vs SNK games.
Honestly, I'm surprised an actual Namco vs. Capcom game doesn't exist yet. The only other company that makes actual sense is SNK. God, I miss Capcom vs. SNK 2...

You mean like Project X Zone?
Speaking of which, I found the last post alluding to the idea (now with five more characters on each side):

Nintendo:
-Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
-Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
-Link (The Legend of Zelda)
-Samus (Metroid)
-Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
-Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
-Pokémon Trainer (Pokémon)
-Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
-Marth (Fire Emblem)
-Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Sega:
-Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
-Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
-Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
-Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei)
-Aigis (Persona)
-Beat (Jet Set Radio)
-Ulala (Space Channel 5)
-Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
-Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)

Capcom:
-Ryu (Street Fighter)
-Mega Man X (Mega Man)
-Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
-Strider Hiryu (Strider)
-Dante (Devil May Cry)
-Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
-Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
-Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
-Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
-Samanosuke Akechi (Onimusha)

Namco:
-Jin Kazama (Tekken)
-KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
-Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
-Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)
-Lloyd Irving (Tales Of)
-Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
-Alisa Ilinichina Amiella (God Eater)
-Amami Haruka (The iDOLM@STER)
-Haseo (.hack)
-Gilgamesh (Babylonian Castle Saga)

With this list updated, it brings up this theoretical roster up to a total of 40%. This doesn't even include secondaries from the series shown so far. The idea is that each company brings 25 characters, so I'm trying to prioritize as much series representation as necessary.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zoe Trent, Any LPS Stage, and... oh boy.
Costumes...
You Decide:p
Okay, seriously though.
It would have to be between this, this, this, or even this.
There's just too many though...

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ryu Hayabusa, IDK what the stage is cuz I havent played the reboot games yet, Classic Ryu Costume.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You have to make a Smash Bros Anime version
You have 20 characters to choose for the game
But you can't choose more than one per Anime.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Transformers
MLP
and most importantly
LITTLEST PET SHOP
Hasbro isn't up there with the greats though. Sorry, but try again.
They did it's called Jump Force.
This.

Oh how far we've fallen that we have to have forum games every couple of pages (anywhere from 2-5) to keep this place alive.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hasbro isn't up there with the greats though. Sorry, but try again.
I disagree. You forgot who Hasbro owns.

Rich Uncle Pennybags says go directly to Smash. Don't pass Go and don't collect the smash ball.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You got me at Prof Layton and eternal Diva stage but what soccer costume?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So what's the topic about today folks?

I'm just back from the freezing weather that happened last night and just want to bring up a friendly reminder to be careful of where y'all going before going out. Wasn't funny getting off work last night

So I'm still wanting to do a championship mode where one character (or characters if it's a tag team) can defend their titles like if they were the "best of the best"

beans

Smash Lord
I would just put some of my favorites in then read the rest out of wikipedia.
So:
Zatch (or Gash) from Zatchbell
Guts from Berserk
Gon Freecs from Hunter X Hunter (the X is mute)
Seiya from Saint Seiya
Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh (with the original manga personality)
and Balsa from Seirei no Moribito (did anyone else watch that one or was it a fever dream of mine)

D

Deleted member

1. Cory Baxter
  2. Hank Hill
  3. Shrek
  4. Frosty the Snowman
  5. SpongeBob SquarePants
  6. Star Butterfly
  7. Will Smith Fish
  8. Tito "****" Dickman
  9. Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber
  10. Homer Simpson
  11. Peter Griffin
  12. Sans Undertale
  13. Garfield
  14. Inspector Gadget
  15. Arthur Read
  16. Scooby Doo
  17. Fred Flintstone
  18. Captain Planet
  19. Jimmy Neutron
  20. Homura Akemi

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
  1. Cory Baxter
  2. Hank Hill
  3. Shrek
  4. Frosty the Snowman
  5. SpongeBob SquarePants
  6. Star Butterfly
  7. Will Smith Fish
  8. Tito "****" Dickman
  9. Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber
  10. Homer Simpson
  11. Peter Griffin
  12. Sans Undertale
  13. Garfield
  14. Inspector Gadget
  15. Arthur Read
  16. Scooby Doo
  17. Fred Flintstone
  18. Captain Planet
  19. Jimmy Neutron
  20. Homura Akemi
^ The only right answer

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This really isn't the place to talk about anime and cartoons, guys.
I'd really rather the thread not be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom