• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
On Incineroar: From Sakurai

"When planning began around December of 2015, I had resolved that I had to have all kinds of fighters in the game. Generally, though, I can’t really add a character from a game that hasn’t come out yet to the roster… So, I left one character frame open for Pokémon, and after Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out I took another look at it. That resulted in Incineroar being chosen. I wanted to try making a pro-wrestler type character at least once! Incineroar is voiced by the late Mr. Unshō Ishizuka – of Professor. Oak fame – who passed away back in August; he had recorded new lines just for this game. May he rest in peace. "
Hmmm

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for Mega Politoed. Its ability summons permanent rain.

:186:
Are the rains blessed, though?

As someone who was very against Incineroar at first, I've come to love him. He has such personality, charm, and interesting mechanics that have all won me over.

Plus, I didn't want Decidueye either. I wanted Mimikyu or Primarina, and those were probably never really on the table anyway, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

Are the rains blessed, though?

As someone who was very against Incineroar at first, I've come to love him. He has such personality, charm, and interesting mechanics that have all won me over.

Plus, I didn't want Decidueye either. I wanted Mimikyu or Primarina, and those were probably never really on the table anyway, unfortunately.
Why does almost everyone forget Lycanroc

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Still we have
Decidueye
Incineroar
Primarina
Lycanroc
Salazzle
Lurantis
Mimikyu
Golisopod
Silvally

Y'all are stupid
I mean, OK?? I don't disagree with you, but I still wasn't referring to the designs in my original most?? lmao

Ah, I see. Still, I think there are more than five good competitive Pokemon. I could be wrong though. My favorite pokemon is so I know what you mean
Gen 7 has some of the best designs in the series, seriously. Then there's the implication that the same author who made this adorable dumb rock was responsible for some of the key designs in S&M and I'm just like, "Game Freak really undersells ****, don't they?"
022e01b8164ea3feb615a8f0d82422d0300fa116_hq.gif

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If Sakurai doesn't Kuon in the game I'm selling my Switch.
Me too, but don't worry, she'll be dlc. She has to be :4pacman: I mean, just look at her
Kuon.(Utawarerumono).full.1934152.jpg
Plus, she fights with her fists and tail in her own games, so she'd be the perfect totally 100% unique character who's not like any other character at all :p

D

Deleted member

Why does almost everyone forget Lycanroc
I wanted Lycanroc Midnight, but to be honest as time went on I kinda lost interest in the idea.

I just want a playable ghost Pokemon like Mimikyu. They're my favorite type. :c

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Me too, but don't worry, she'll be dlc. She has to be :4pacman: I mean, just look at her Plus, she fights with her fists and tail in her own games, so she'd be the perfect totally 100% unique character who's not like any other character at all :p
Oh, another anime girl people are gonna go nuts over. /s

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean, OK?? I don't disagree with you, but I still wasn't referring to the designs in my original most?? lmao

Gen 7 has some of the best designs in the series, seriously. Then there's the implication that the same author who made this adorable dumb rock was responsible for some of the key designs in S&M and I'm just like, "Game Freak really undersells ****, don't they?"
View attachment 177995
Oh yeah, I remember that anime. I saw it earlier this year. It was good. It was really strange though, with those statue-like beings coming down from the sky to kill everyone. All the girls kept breaking apart and kept having to be put back together. But i had no idea that the designers of this anime also designed some of the characters for pokemon S&M. That's pretty cool. I never would've guessed.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Well, I managed to get caught up with DLC stuff and a few other things:

1) Glad to hear Katalina was a mistake in terms of being a DLC character. That opens things up a bit, and while i’m sure the character would grow on me, that leaves more space for somebody I might be especially interested in.

However, this calls other things from Hitagi into question imo.

2) I’m quite glad that Sakurai makes the calls on characters and that he largely bases it on gameplay potential. This is exactly why I despise the usage of the word “rep”.

Make no mistake, it’s not wrong to want a character solely because you like them or a series. But I do think it’s misguided to say, “This series ABSOLUTELY needs/deserves a new rep”.

To my understanding, that’s not how it works. There may be some “slots” like for Incineroar or a Pokémon, but it’s not like it’s a game of striving to “represent” every facet of every game.

Like, if they do add Poochy...what does he really represent that Yoshi hypothetically wouldn’t? Then, if it’s just, “Yoshi needs another character”, which I do disagree with, then what stops us there? Does everyone get in because they “represent” something? I think we’re well past that.

Characters, by default, represent things. That’s obvious. However, this is a party/fighting game that sells because of a mix of characters/gameplay. I mean really, if the game was trash in terms of gameplay, nobody would buy it. It boils down to gameplay imo.

The more interesting characters that get in, the better. It isn’t to say certain picks can’t be interesting, but if you’re asking for $5.99 per character then they better damn well be awesome based on identity and ability. Otherwise sales may be impacted, or hype is deflated.
I honestly just want Poochy because he’s cute. I’m kind of bummed that he isn’t an assist trophy since that would have been a great role for him.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I remember that anime. I saw it earlier this year. It was good. It was really strange though, with those statue-like beings coming down from the sky to kill everyone. All the girls kept breaking apart and kept having to be put back together. But i had no idea that the designers of this anime also designed some of the characters for pokemon S&M. That's pretty cool. I never would've guessed.
Meanwhile in /a/, there's a good number of anons who would prefer it if things didn't go downhill in the manga (and by "downhill", I mean lots and lots of suffering).

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
She's cute. :)

...What's she from?
A videogame series called Utawarerumono. It first came out in the early 2000s on the PS2 and PC. I've got a few of the games on the PS4 and Vita. They're fun. They play similarly to Fire Emblem

D

Deleted member

A videogame series called Utawarerumono. It first came out in the early 2000s on the PS2 and PC. I've got a few of the games on the PS4 and Vita. They're fun. They play similarly to Fire Emblem
So she's another Fire Emblem Character?
I'M JOKING

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, after the apparent rumor of there being a Marvel vs. Capcom 4, I've lost all hope of them ever doing a cool crossover with another company ever again.
Shonen Jump Vs Capcom is the biggest WHY DONT YOU ****ERS MAKE THIS GAME of all time

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Nintendo vs. Capcom vs. Sega vs. Square Enix vs. Microsoft vs. Sony vs. Valve vs. Activision vs. Konami vs. Disney vs. DC.

Probably forgetting something....

D

Deleted member

Nintendo vs. Capcom vs. Sega vs. Square Enix vs. Microsoft vs. Sony vs. Valve vs. Activision vs. Konami vs. Disney vs. DC.

Probably forgetting something....
Nintendo vs. Capcom vs. Sega vs. Square Enix vs. Microsoft vs. Sony vs. Valve vs. Activision vs. Konami vs. Disney vs. DC vs. Ubisoft vs. Hasbro

D

Deleted member

Metroid x Fantastic Four x Crash Bandicoot x Godzilla: Weirdness from four worlds.

The day that becomes real, i will be even happier than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom