• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
lot of normals, his side special, that type of stuff. it just ain't the same, especially since the fun twisty d-air is gone forever
Got it. I've heard his Super Sheet now sends projectiles upwards, which is... why?

My girlfriend just ate the ham sandwich I was saving for when I got home tonight.
Ouch. Be careful, snacks can ruin relationships.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Got it. I've heard his Super Sheet now sends projectiles upwards, which is... why?

How are you supposed to successfully reflect **** with that kinda change?

EDIT
My girlfriend just ate the ham sandwich I was saving for when I got home tonight.
She didn’t have the consideration to save half of it...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How are you supposed to successfully reflect **** with that kinda change?
You don't.

But now we know that since it reflects vertically, so does :ultgnw: 's new bucket mechanic probably, which is actually super busted. It's a shine but better.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

I mean I guess I had it coming, I ate all the cheese last weekend.

When I mean 'all' I mean all.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
People i know this is not relevant for Smash , but i need some advice...

I played League of Legends for more than 7 years.
On that time i got mad and raged on the game a ton of times.
Thats why i don't want to play it anymore...
But i actualy love the game so much.
I love the game , but i hate to play it.

Can you guys help me? Please?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

do what dunkey did and just stop playing the game

D

Deleted member

As someone who used to be a ragey Splatoon 1 and 2 player, best advice I could give is to remember it's just a game and have fun. Win or lose, if you enjoy playing the game then it's all good, right? That's how I feel, at least.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hmmm I think Lee has been in Tekken since Tekken 2 and took a brief hiatus in Tekken 3, and he appeared as Violet in Tekken 4 due to him being in disguise. He's most famous for saying the word excellent in his ending stories, he is somewhat of a joke character in that his endings are usually funny.

I did not know his apprentice opened his own studio what is it called? I know someone from Ghibli went to Toho, as Mary and the Witch's flower has the same animation style as Ghibli films.

Yeah unfortunately DQ music is a pass for me, hopefully they make it better? I don't know its seems Sugiyama has drawn a lot of negative attention to himself lately. Im not sure if Square will like to continue working with someone like that. However if he has composed this long they should stay with him, if he can be reasoned with. Oh wow very jealous that you met Yoko Shimomura, she seems like such a nice and humble person. Lol great track, but yes she does. I did not know she also worked on Brawl, but it seems whatever project she's assigned to she finds a way for the music to tell a story. Just listening to Apocalypsis Noctis and you sit in awe as to how she came up with an incredible music piece like that.

I know someone here posted what Hitagi said recently, and he has basically taken a major leap backwards. He said he is unsure of Katalina and believes negotiants may not be for Smash, but for a future project. He also said he did not believe Steve was confirmed among some other things, if I find the link I will send it to you. It just seems suspicious as he isn't backpedalling anymore, but more like doing a u-turn on what he stated in the past. I suppose we will have to see its not long now until the game comes out.

BTW I just bought Octopath Traveler and its a very fun game. It got me thinking if they added a character in smash from Octopath which one would it be? I think it would be Therion or H'aanit, which one do you think they would choose if they added one of the characters in Smash?

This is an example of one of Lee's funny endings in Tekken
Sorry, probably didn't take notice as I wasn't that of a Tekken player. I like joke characters (Goemon's whole game) and that ending was funny. Never thought I'd see those 3 tied up like this X)

Umm well he was actually the lead producer in Ghibli, and his studio is the one behind Mary and Witch's Flower and Modest Heroes. But Toho is not the studio name (that's another studio), the studio name is Ponoc (Studio Ponoc).

He's not a kid and entitled to his own opinions. Yes, that's why I say they should not let him go, though, I asked my friend and he explained a few things to me. The music sounds blan because it was deliberately made as midi not orchestral (now I get why some were annoyed by DQ11's music). It's the format. It didn't bother me but I understand why they were, they have all right to. Also, surprisingly, he seems to own every piece he made. Now although from a DQ fan (not me) stand point this sounds awful, and that's understandable. However, I say good for him for getting the rights to his creative works. You don't see much of that around anymore. After all, that's his bread and butter. I still don't respect a greedy person regardless, so I hope he's not.

She's an energetic open person. Yeah she did, and to me one of Brawl's best tracks. The Tetris remix :)

No U-turns, he just share what he has at that moment, and that is always in a constant change. Unlike Verg who won't share a single thing until he triple checked it. Both seems good to me. Hey, Steve not here, I'm fine with that info.

I've yet to play Octopath. sorry.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
do what dunkey did and just stop playing the game
That’s essentially what I did with Smite. The game itself is fine but some of the players are just... ugh. The worst of it I experienced was this one guy driscriminating against and being needlessly rude to this person on my team just because he was from Columbia and continued to harass him and I outside the match in the lobby for defending him since he did nothing wrong. Some people can be nasty...

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I bet it doesn't help to point out that if the n64 classic was coming this would be the last week to announce it before Black Friday...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This makes my belief of banjo not being in smash be more apparent to me.
Unless a game or property that rare owns was in any other Classic system that I'm not aware of, I don't know why you thought it would appear in the first place.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Unless a game or property that rare owns was in any other Classic system that I'm not aware of, I don't know why you thought it would appear in the first place.
Oh, I didn't, I just seen a lot of people think banjo would be on the system.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don't think it means much. Why would they announce they were working on N64 Classic in an interview lol they would want to save the surprise.
...or they really aren't working on it. Honestly, they might be an N64 Classic in works but it sounded like a fan wish in the first place.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't think it helps or hurts Banjo's chances but at the same time Reggie did hint at things like playable SNES or N64 titles in the future like how the NES games work on Switch now. An N64 Switch app would be even cooler than a Classic provided it actually had a big game selection.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think it helps or hurts Banjo's chances but at the same time Reggie did hint at things like playable SNES or N64 titles in the future like how the NES games work on Switch now. An N64 Switch app would be even cooler than a Classic provided it actually had a big game selection.
tbh give me Mario 64 on my switch for all my BLJ cravings

YAHO-YAHOO-YAH-YA-YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Untouch

Smash Master
Does he ever get things right?
They've been pretty accurate when it comes to direct dates before, they got the first direct right.
I don't know if the person who told them a n64 mini was being released is the same person who told them we were getting 2 directs though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SNES Online and N64 Online is all I need to feel like my NSO purchase was fully worth it. I would hapilly pay Nintendo money yearly for access to their SNES and N64 library.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
SNES Online and N64 Online is all I need to feel like my NSO purchase was fully worth it. I would hapilly pay Nintendo money yearly for access to their SNES and N64 library.
That’s pretty much one of the only things preventing me from getting a subscription.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Just letting you know really quickly that “/s” means “end sarcasm”.

I know this is Diives but Is that supposed to be Dixie on the left? Lol.
Oh okay I never knew that. Thanks for letting me know

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I think the past 12 hours of posts here show it could be a pretty boring next month on this forum if there's no headway on DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom