• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
My friends never understood how underwhelmed I was when I 1st saw Mega Man with the 1st SSB4 trailer. They all know how much I love the Mega Man classic, Legends, and X series, and how much I love Mega Man the character. I kept telling them Smash went "too retro" with how he looks and how some of his attacks look: specifically the lemon pellets.
I think that choice came down to the state of Mega Man at the time he was included in Smash. Mega Man was presumed pretty dead at the time, the last game was Mega Man 10, and people just really wanted to be reminded of the good old days of Mega Man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I gotta say, Ray Chase is fine an all, but uh... that don't sound like no 15 year old boy. You sure they didn't swap Roy and Ike's dub casts? :smirk:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
*reads about what happened to Graizen* :sadeyes:
I am sorry I wasnt here to say anything at the time. While you are away, I will change my avvy to Agumon to keep agumon support active on the discussion thread while you return (I still am part of the support group for Agumon). Anyway, I hope you return feeling refreshed.
Can we finally stop attacking people passionate on certain characters?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
While I was away, I got the switch smash edition! And now I am set for smash in 28 days. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Got a couple more:
"Richter? Over Alucard? No way."
"Why would they bring back Young Link? Who asked for him?"
"Seriously, Incineroar? Decidueye is a way better fit."
"What the hell is Chrom doing there?"
"Why is Dark Samus up on the top row?"
"Lol, no way Sakurai would add two metroid reps, if we did get one it would have to be ridley, and no he's not too big"
"Literally who, beside simon? Ritcher? Clearly fake"
"Daisy but no waluigi? Lol"
"I wish this was real because of KKR"
"Fake inklings have their splatoon one designs"
"Lol, Konami wont be involved after the whole Kojima fiasco"

D

Deleted member

Those damn worker unions.
Not really a problem with Steve Burton being in a union, union voice actors do non-union work all the time either uncredited or under pseudonyms, as was the case with Laura Bailey and Lucina. Blame Square and their requirement to have him credited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nobody was attacking him because he liked Agumon, it was because he kept posting fake stuff about Agumon. Stop twisting things.

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Why's everybody wanting Spring Man in?

He's not even one of the cooler robot masters.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
My friends never understood how underwhelmed I was when I 1st saw Mega Man with the 1st SSB4 trailer. They all know how much I love the Mega Man classic, Legends, and X series, and how much I love Mega Man the character. I kept telling them Smash went "too retro" with how he looks and how some of his attacks look: specifically the lemon pellets.

They asked me what was I expecting...I was honestly expecting something closer to how he looks visually in the 2D Marvel vs. Capcom games. More modern/anime-y, less NES-era. I know you can argue that that's the point of the character (yet we don't get chubby, classic SONIC, and our Snake is an amalgam of MGS2 Snake and Naked Snake from MGS3, but sure, Mega Man stays classic), but that was my first impression seeing Smash 4's Mega Man.
Smash Mega Man is the ultimate monkey's paw corrupted wish. And while he's just a Final Smash character, Proto Man keeps the modern anime look, despite the entire point being that the two characters look similar.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I gotta say, Ray Chase is fine an all, but uh... that don't sound like no 15 year old boy. You sure they didn't swap Roy and Ike's dub casts? :smirk:
Neither does Japanese Roy.
And Smash Roy doesn't look exactly like canon Roy either.

In fact Smash Roy seems almost entirely made up, outside his most defining characteristics.

Man's headband didn't even have flowy bits added to it until way later.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How many times has this been brought up this day alone? It’s as if we’re supposed to forget :ultcloud: speaks only 1 language
Did I say "Now every character has a dubbed voice actor!", or did I say "Roy's got a dub boys"?
that wasn't a rhetorical question.

D

Deleted member

Also I didn't know that my case for Heihachi would actually mean anything with supposedly another Bandai Namco rep coming.
...Good, I guess?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Neither does Japanese Roy.
And Smash Roy doesn't look exactly like canon Roy either.

In fact Smash Roy seems almost entirely made up.

Man's headband didn't even have flowy bits added to it until way later.
Nah I just miss the chad gruff Ike and I wanted to grieve more.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Lol, no way Sakurai would add two metroid reps, if we did get one it would have to be ridley, and no he's not too big"
"Literally who, beside simon? Ritcher? Clearly fake"
"Daisy but no waluigi? Lol"
"I wish this was real because of KKR"
"Fake inklings have their splatoon one designs"
"Lol, Konami wont be involved after the whole Kojima fiasco"
Ah, the things we thought we knew.

The three Smash Directs are a trilogy, called: "Everything You Know About Smash is a Lie"

The Isabelle trailer is a short-form Prologue Movie for the final film.

StormC

Smash Hero

They asked me what was I expecting...I was honestly expecting something closer to how he looks visually in the 2D Marvel vs. Capcom games. More modern/anime-y, less NES-era. I know you can argue that that's the point of the character (yet we don't get chubby, classic SONIC, and our Snake is an amalgam of MGS2 Snake and Naked Snake from MGS3, but sure, Mega Man stays classic), but that was my first impression seeing Smash 4's Mega Man.
While I expected him to resemble his modern design as well, I absolutely love the direction they took with the Smash design and visuals.

I just wish his moveset was a bit more... kinetic. Firing useless lemons gets old fast.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
While I expected him to resemble his modern design as well, I absolutely love the direction they took with the Smash design and visuals.

I just wish his moveset was a bit more... kinetic. Firing useless lemons gets old fast.
One thing I would've done is move some bits of his moveset around.
Like make the leaf shield his nair so that he can have a useful down B, and switch around the utilt and usmash for more killing power.

Heck, I'm pretty sure it makes more sense for Megaman to have a charge shot neutral B than anyone else on the cast.

D

Deleted member

About the person who doesn't like Marth's ENG VA, wasn't he the same person who said the Snake Eater remix was terrible?
Yikes, I didn't know that people were that terrible with those wrong "opinions".

YIKES.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
About the person who doesn't like Marth's ENG VA, wasn't he the same person who said the Snake Eater remix was terrible?
Yikes, I didn't know that people were that terrible with those wrong "opinions".

View attachment 177192
It's not that his English voice is bad. It's just that his new Japanese voice-lines is a lot better and dub version kinda pales is comparison.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't mind the fact that Marth and Roy are in English.

But it's going to take a looooooooooooong time to get used to it, especially after recognizing their Japanese voices as the 'main' voice of them for seventeen years now.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice

But it's going to take a looooooooooooong time to get used to it, especially after recognizing their Japanese voices as the 'main' voice of them for seventeen years now.
Just defines the characters at this point, hoping you can set individual character voices.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

View attachment 177192
Huh, never recalled saying the Snake Eater remix was bad.

Anyway, I prefer Japanese Marth waaaaaaaaay more than hearing goddamn Yuri Lowenthall
Again
For the BILLIONTH time.

Enough dubbing studios. Pick someone else. Anyone else.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
*reads about what happened to Graizen* :sadeyes:
I am sorry I wasnt here to say anything at the time. While you are away, I will change my avvy to Agumon to keep agumon support active on the discussion thread while you return (I still am part of the support group for Agumon). Anyway, I hope you return feeling refreshed.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
While I was away, I got the switch smash edition! And now I am set for smash in 28 days. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
So long as they don't constantly attempt to derail discussion and then throw a fit when things don't go their way.

Look, just because he was right about Senrou doesn't mean that any criticisms about him are void.

It's possible to be passionate about a character and contribute to discussion. I'm surely passionate about Joker and Sora, but you don't see me inserting them into every comment I make. Hell, even Zinith Zinith , who we tease for being obsessed with Yoshi and Boshi, knows how to contribute to discussion without constantly plugging his characters (or at least he knows how to do it without getting annoying) and derailing the conversation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not that his English voice is bad. It's just that his new Japanese voice-lines is a lot better and dub version kinda pales is comparison.
We've had to deal with Japanese Marth for 17 ****ing years. If I were to listen to Anime Swordsman again for another damn Smash game, I'd break.
It doesn't hurt to have English Marth for this instance, and I'm fine with it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
One thing I would've done is move some bits of his moveset around.
Like make the leaf shield his nair so that he can have a useful down B, and switch around the utilt and usmash for more killing power.

Heck, I'm pretty sure it makes more sense for Megaman to have a charge shot neutral B than anyone else on the cast.
If it's going to help they buffed his Mega Buster, Leaf Shield and a sizable chunk of his physical moves this time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The english VA for Marth and Roy is better cause I’ve heard them for years and I honestly don’t even remember how they sounded before.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, I prefer Japanese Marth waaaaaaaaay more than hearing goddamn Yuri Lowenthall
Again
For the BILLIONTH time.

Oh no no, not you. The guy on Twitter who sucks "competitive Smash player"'s ***** lol

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Nobody was attacking him because he liked Agumon, it was because he kept posting fake stuff about Agumon. Stop twisting things.
I read everything and I doubt people would have reacted like that if it was someone else. It happened specifically because he was Graizen (it relates partially to stuff from his past with leaks). I know I wasnt because of agumon but because he was Graizen. People like him receive less patience around the forums. Even Zinith, who generally has a positive approval over here has been attacked before for loving Yoshi (for supposedly pushing yoshi down people´s throat). You dont even need my opinion on the subject, ask him if this isnt true.

It doesnt matter the circumstances, people need to treat our passionate comrades better. Anyway, that is all I have to say on the matter. I cannot force people to do anything.

Iridium

Smash Hero

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible now to change the system's language to Japanese in order to get it back? Even if true, I guess people wouldn't want to change everybody's voice in the process anyway.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We've had to deal with Japanese Marth for 17 ****ing years. If I were to listen to Anime Swordsman again for another damn Smash game, I'd break.
It doesn't hurt to have English Marth for this instance, and I'm fine with it.
Yuri Lowenthal voices like half of the pretty boy "Anime Swordsmen", so I don't know how this is an improvement. :p

Nah, joking, each to their own.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Again
For the BILLIONTH time.

What about Matt Mercer?
I'm already Matt Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom