• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shhhhh...be careful! @Zinith might hear you.
He and his Yoshi won’t stop me from revealing their secrets
However, I'd be salty as **** if Heroes gets content even if it's non-canon, and Hyrule Warriors doesn't even if it sold like hotcakes and was ported 2 times.
We already have a remixed song from Heroes though, so were you salty about that and will become pure salt if we get one f the unique Heroes characters...especially Loki
World Of Light, except it is actually Secret Invasion.
Skrulls vs Dittos confirmed for Smash

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about how a Phoenix Wright stage could be designed?

I like to talk about stages.

Maybe it could take place in the middle of a debate, and the message bubbles could hurt the player when touched,

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We already have a remixed song from Heroes though, so were you salty about that and will become pure salt if we get one f the unique Heroes characters...especially Loki
No not that. I also play Heroes, and it's tons of fun and I know it's hugely succesful. Yet, so was Hyrule Warriors. I just don't get why that game has 0 content in Smash as of yet.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Maybe it could take place in the middle of a debate, and the message bubbles could hurt the player when touched,
that sounds pretty annoying seeing hiw that will happen for every single thing the characters think as well as talk and their tesimonys and stuff

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I want the Courtroom and refuse to settle for anything else. The gimmick could be 3 platforms, representing the defence, judge and prosecutor's desks, with all three having characters in the background, use Apollo I guess for the defence. A trial's taking place during the battle so the characters in the background will react and depending on what they do, (Slam the desk with their hands, use the gavel, present evidence, etc.), it'll cause shockwaves that hit everyone on that platform

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
When you think about it, it doesn't matter which SE character we'll get in the end, since they're all really good choices. :idea:

Geno, a cult favorite from a cult classic RPG in the Smash and Mario fanbases.
Lara Croft, one of the biggest video game heroines out there
Erdrick/Slime/secondary DQ character, symbol of the biggest landmark JRPG series out there.
Neku, beloved character from a beloved cult classic.
Agnès, one of 8 protagonists from a highly successful Switch game.
Sephiroth, incredibly iconic FF rival/villain that would complement Cloud's inclusion.
Sora, protagonist of Disney's biggest crossover franchise.

So really, it's a win-win situation overall.

D

Deleted member

I want the Courtroom and refuse to settle for anything else. The gimmick could be 3 platforms, representing the defence, judge and prosecutor's desks, with all three having characters in the background, use Apollo I guess for the defence. A trial's taking place during the battle so the characters in the background will react and depending on what they do, (Slam the desk with their hands, use the gavel, present evidence, etc.), it'll cause shockwaves that hit everyone on that platform
That sounds neat.
I like the idea for the shockwave a lot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When you think about it, it doesn't matter which SE character we'll get in the end, since they're all really good choices. :idea:

Erdrick/Slime/secondary DQ character, symbol of the biggest landmark JRPG series out there.
Sephiroth, incredibly iconic FF rival/villain that would complement Cloud's inclusion.

inb4 it's Gilgamesh because Sakurai REALLY wants Battle on the Big Bridge in the game and needed an excuse for it

D

Deleted member

I dare you to argue that Lightning would be a good choice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No not that. I also play Heroes, and it's tons of fun and I know it's hugely succesful. Yet, so was Hyrule Warriors. I just don't get why that game has 0 content in Smash as of yet.
Likely due to Koei Tecmo.

Same reason Minerva's spirit uses her Shadow Dragon art and not her Warriors art.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Except when you are not really a fan of any of the possibilities...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I assume it’s due to Heroes making more money and getting Fire Emblem to be more noticeable while also keeping the same game style as other games

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Apologies if it's already been posted, but Nintendo of Belgium is currently streaming some matches: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendobelgie
The stream's finished now, but if you wanna watch the footage to about the 03:03:00 mark to hear the Bonus Room Blitz/Map Theme in its entirety for the first time. IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. If they do the rest of the DK tracks the same justice they did this and Gangplank Galleon, then it almost makes up for 'lol Jungle Japes' in the past few games.

Graizen

Smash Champion
GAME
You have 2 DLC characters to choose from this image for Smash, one from Namco Bandai and one from Square Enix.
What are your choices?

NamcoEnix.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...zard_is_very_open-minded_about_switch_release

The plot thickens.

Also, the demo for the Katamari remake coincidentally arrives on the same day as Ultimate.

I dare you to argue that Lightning would be a good choice.
Wait, Hitagi actually brought her up?

Eh, best I can say is that Smash would be better than the rest of her game appearances.

inb4 it's Gilgamesh because Sakurai REALLY wants Battle on the Big Bridge in the game and needed an excuse for it
Would not be mad.

Except when you are not really a fan of any of the possibilities...
Well, can't please everyone there. In this case, all that'd be left is to see if any of them have interesting enough gameplay.

They wouldn't use anything else for the series, it's the most iconic location by far.

GAME
You have 2 DLC characters to choose from this image for Smash, one from Namco Bandai and one from Square Enix.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177069
Lara Croft and Klonoa.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh- I got an answer from Hitagi about the List of Square-Enix name he heard.

source
Seems that it's a familiar/Big Square-Enix characters list- pretty cool if true
A Familiar/Big Square-Enix list?

Hmm...

Lara Croft, Tifa, Sephiroth, Zack, So-
It’s worth noting that he also said he hasn’t heard anything about Sora or Geno, while he has mentioned hearing murmurs of Dragon Quest.
Lara Croft, Tifa, Sephiroth, Zack, Terra Branford, Tidus, Lightning, Black Mage, Warrior of Light, Chocobo, Slime, Erdrick, Jessica, Crono, Bub, 2B, Neku.

What I imagine Hitagi has seen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I assume it’s due to Heroes making more money and getting Fire Emblem to be more noticeable while also keeping the same game style as other games
Sure, but Fire Emblem already had quite some fans already. It only opens up curiosity for the older titles. I never seen FE5 get so much attention untill they noticed Reinhardt being so damn powerful in Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom