• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Do you think if she had used Witch Time she could have survived the World of Light attack?
You can actually see her using it in the trailer, but due to limitations and the amount of beams she had to use her bat dodge. Unfortunately after that in the game you have a cool down period where you can't dodge at all which is why she was caught by another beam in the trailer.

I love the details in the WoL trailer so much.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I don't know about you guys, but this talk of Katalina makes me want her in even more

Plot twist: they announce it on Thanksgiving day for release the following day to drive up crazy sales and media attention...
Complete opposite to be honest. The game looks pretty but I'm still not sold, and honestly, I don't think I will.
Out of all new comers, Piranha is my favorite. I wonder if any of the DLCs will top that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You can actually see her using it in the trailer, but due to limitations and the amount of beams she had to use her bat dodge. Unfortunately after that in the game you have a cool down period where you can't dodge at all which is why she was caught by another beam in the trailer.

I love the details in the WoL trailer so much.
I think I squealed when I saw Sonic and Bayonetta in the trailer. Both of them were captured really well and I thought I'd never see them in a CGI trailer.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Doing that 25 fighter thing.
Aside from the first 5 they're not in any particular order

1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Ray
3. Soma Cruz
4. Travis Touchdown
5. Chibi-Robo

6. Isaac
7. Alucard
8. Zero
9. Skull Kid
10. Gengar
11. Bandana Dee
12. Paper Mario
13. Bomberman
14. Shovel Knight
15. Shantae
16. Rundas
17. Mike Jones
18. Metal Mario
19. Viewtiful Joe
20. Marina Liteyears
21. Davy
22. Prince Sable
23. Kiryu Kazuma
24. Dante
25. Lanky Kong

Also, hi.
Hello :)
Welcome aboard O/ You just got your first Like :)
Also, ouch! that looong list and Goemon is not in it *sniff* T^T

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So I was bored and decided to compare the sales of KH's sales vs Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy. It turns out compared to how much they sold vs the amount of games out for each series right now, it turns out KH actually has sold more copies than all of them by comparison.
Never was a surprise for anyone who knew their stuff about Square-Enix. KH might be their flagship series for the next following years depending on the sucess of KHIII.

And let's be honest. Who on earth doubt about that sucess?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Doing that 25 fighter thing.
Aside from the first 5 they're not in any particular order

1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Ray
3. Soma Cruz
4. Travis Touchdown
5. Chibi-Robo

6. Isaac
7. Alucard
8. Zero
9. Skull Kid
10. Gengar
11. Bandana Dee
12. Paper Mario
13. Bomberman
14. Shovel Knight
15. Shantae
16. Rundas
17. Mike Jones
18. Metal Mario
19. Viewtiful Joe
20. Marina Liteyears
21. Davy
22. Prince Sable
23. Kiryu Kazuma
24. Dante
25. Lanky Kong

Also, hi.
Hey. Welcome. :)

Would you be interested in tea? :p

Last edited:

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Goemon would be pretty rad.
I suppose he could edge out Lanky Kong.
Honestly, when there's a huge numbers of possibilities involved I have a hard time thinking of them.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
true but they went with an entire belly mechanic for king k. it weasnt just his counter. additionally, the only other new character counter was incenaroar and thats a very different counter. i'd love to see twintelle but shes facing extremely low odds to begin with.
Oh she absolutely is facing low odds XD unfortunately Gameexplain boosted my confidence with their recent discussion of dlc characters.

But I just wanted to point out that Bayonetta isn't the reason she isn't likely, we have tons of "similar" characters and I think Twintelle would represent way more than just slowing down time (I think Bayonetta represents much more than just that too).
Do you think if she had used Witch Time she could have survived the World of Light attack?
Maybe I don't know enough about Bayonetta lore but wasn't she trying to in the cutscene? She just didn't time it right and it was bat within instead.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Never was a surprise for anyone who knew their stuff about Square-Enix. KH might be their flagship series for the next following years depending on the sucess of KHIII.

And let's be honest. Who on earth doubt about that sucess?
Oh believe me I've seen plenty of people doubt it before but ya the KH series is massively popular.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
The middle one is practically the best case scenario for me. Replace the guy at the bottom with Layton and I'll be happy to buy the season pass twice over since It would practically be perfect for me with both Phoenix and Layton in and Banjo and Rex/Pyra for the Smash community.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Goemon would be pretty rad.
I suppose he could edge out Lanky Kong.
Honestly, when there's a huge numbers of possibilities involved I have a hard time thinking of them.
LANKY!! That's you 25th *sniff*
Seriously though, many in your list are either confirmed ATs or Spirits.
Yup.. so.. ahem, that makes Goemon No.1 X)

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
LANKY!! That's you 25th *sniff*
Seriously though, many in your list are either confirmed ATs or Spirits.
Yup.. so.. ahem, that makes Goemon No.1 X)
The purpose of the 25 thing is to fill out the roster of the next game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The middle one is practically the best case scenario for me. Replace the guy at the bottom with Layton and I'll be happy to buy the season pass twice over since It would practically be perfect for me with both Phoenix and Layton in and Banjo and Rex/Pyra for the Smash community.
Ouch. RIP Idon Idon . :p

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The purpose of the 25 thing is to fill out the roster of the next game.
Ohhh! Well, I'm not looking that far ahead. I'm not sure if I want another Smash tbh :p
I'll take anything that has Goemon though.. well, except Minecraft XD

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hello...

Is there anything new? It's been alot since I've visited this thread. Like, is there any update/new information on this thread?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
If/when MC content gets into Smash, there will be a spirit battle against Creeper where you fight Snake in his green camo alt that spams all his explosive based moves. Calling it now.

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Choose one of the three sets of DLC fighters. Which do you choose?
Middle one, easy. I love Phoenix, but I don't know how well he'd translate to Smash. I'd probably swap him for Travis or Katalina, both are fine to me. SMT character is "best" out of those last three and I don't even know his name. Demi-fiend maybe?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Can I please get a update? Is there any new information? It's been a lot of time since I've visited this thread, so I'm out of the loop.

I keep hearing about a direct. Is it about the second Direct on November?

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Can I please get a update? Is there any new information? It's been a lot of time since I've visited this thread, so I'm out of the loop.

Well, Sakurai said that DLC chars were decided by Nintendo.

And the 2nd direct is just a rumor.

That's all.

We're just ****posting for the moment.

kylexv

Smash Master
Basically just waiting for more gameplay to analyze at this point.

There's a demo coming this Saturday that will be available at select locations in the U.S. until December 16th (closest one is 3 hours away RIP), but we don't know if it's the full roster or not.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, Sakurai said that DLC chars were decided by Nintendo.

And the 2nd direct is just a rumor.

That's all.

We're just ****posting for the moment.
Meanwhile in other areas, people still throw around "reboot" and "no more sequels", as if those were already true.

The only update that happened at all is Kirby Star Allies's final DLC batch coming right before December.

beans

Smash Lord

Kinda, it got deconfirmed tough since nothing happened, not even a surprise mini direct

beans

Smash Lord
Meanwhile in other areas, people still throw around "reboot" and "no more sequels", as if those were already true.

The only update that happened at all is Kirby Star Allies's final DLC batch coming right before December.
Wait what?!
Didnt the datamine confirm Wave 4 would be the 3 mages and Hyness?
The trailer didnt announce those since we barely saw gameplay of them.

But it's not like it has to always be this early, it can happen late.

Also...is it good that Nintendo is deciding the DLC this time and not Sakurai?
Yes and no, IMO
While it makes sure we wont get some weird picks like Pirana Plant (I doubt Nintendo asked Sakurai to make it), it can bring more Corrin like characters (promotion picks, to coincide with a new release)
Its more of a subjective thing
And we dont even know how Nintendo did it. Maybe they gave Sakurai 5 characters or offered him a list with many so they could make the deal in advance for them.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Listen if we are mixing and matching columns I'm replacing Rex & Pyra with Travis Touchdown and going column B all day.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
All this talk about 3rd Party reps, but not enough people bring up Koei Tecmo getting a rep

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So now that Youtube is finally on Switch, I decided to watch some gameplay footage of Ultimate to see what it might look like in handheld mode. Even with a 3DS XL, it could be kind of hard to follow all that's happening on screen, especially if you have 3D turned off. Ultimate's screen thankfully seems big enough that it isn't an issue though. Of course it's easier to watch then it is to play, but I still think it's looking pretty promising.

I could still see there being trouble in 8-player matches on giant stages like The Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple, but those stages are hard to follow even on a proper TV screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom