• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Ah I see. Have they confirmed that they're separate characters yet? Cause I'm pretty sure they're the same character.
i mean they probably are in the game bu that design is 100% more inspired by the manga's green than by gen 3 leaf. not really a nostalgia dig i would have expected, but welcome

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've always just seen the manga names as legitimately non-canon. Unless you really want to believe someone goes around calling herself White2, that is.

Even then, Green's design in the manga is based on unused RBY art anyway. And remakes supersede the original, as with Gold becoming Ethan.

Ergo, it's Leaf. :p

To bring this back to Smash, I'm happy Leaf finally joined Red in Ultimate.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Was it confirmed that we can change our Mii Fighter's faces?
I mean, what would be the point of mii fighters if we couldn't change the faces? That's like the whole shtick.

But if you want a true confirmation Sakurai did use his own mii in a spirit mode fight

D

Deleted member

I mean, what would be the point of mii fighters if we couldn't change the faces? That's like the whole shtick.

But if you want a true confirmation Sakurai did use his own mii in a spirit mode fight
hell yeah time to make a Midna mii ill get her one way or another

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm pretty sure Leaf's name is still officially Leaf because of the Japan/English issue of the original rival being either Green or Blue. So to solve this, they just call her Leaf, and keep the Green/Blue to the localization to manage

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
i mean they probably are in the game bu that design is 100% more inspired by the manga's green than by gen 3 leaf. not really a nostalgia dig i would have expected, but welcome
While she probably is inspired by the manga, I think she might be based on this:

Concept art for a female trainer in Gen 1, which seems to have developed into the Leaf/Green we know today

D

Deleted member

I'm just sad that there's seemingly no Miitopia content.

Ah well, maybe some music...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
sakurai would never abandon one of his beloved IPs
Well you’re not wrong (Kirby still has his love)
Not to put the guy on the pedestal, but can they even do that? Afaik, every fighter until now designed by Sakurai.

But at one point he has to call it a game. It can be after first wave of DLC.
Sakurai will call it a game when he dies...so never (though he would still be apart of Smash development, just not hands on)
According to this upcoming figure

Her name is officially Leaf.
How the hell is she supposed to be 10? Unrelated but still...how

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Well you’re not wrong (Kirby still has his love)

Sakurai will call it a game when he dies...so never (though he would still be apart of Smash development, just not hands on)

How the hell is she supposed to be 10? Unrelated but still...how
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ According to my research, she hasn't been given an official age.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have one dumb question:

I heard that a number of people want a Touhou character in Smash. That’s fine, but as someone who hasn’t played Touhou and only knows that the game is some kind of space shooter, i find something weird, and that is the moveset.

Since Touhou is a space shooter, how could they expand the moveset for a Touhou character while keeping in a way that works the shooter stuff?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Nothing relating to Ultimate but...

ZeRo, the Smash 4 Legend, will now come out of retirement and compete Smash with a new sponsor!

No longer he will be TSM but Tempo Storm (alongside other Smash competitors like Axe and S2J!)

He's looking forward to compete Ultimate!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm pretty confident the DLC characters will be used to promote some of their upcoming games seeing as how Nintendo was picking them.

Although, I guess I could still see Doom Slayer since Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash already and Doom Eternal coming up soonish.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
I really want the Best Ending to smash DLC which is Porky as a promo for a global Mother 3 re-release but I think I forgot to do a couple side quests earlier in the hype cycle so I guess that's not happening.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I have one dumb question:

I heard that a number of people want a Touhou character in Smash. That’s fine, but as someone who hasn’t played Touhou and only knows that the game is some kind of space shooter, i find something weird, and that is the moveset.

Since Touhou is a space shooter, how could they expand the moveset for a Touhou character while keeping in a way that works the shooter stuff?
theres actual touhou fighting games

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I'm pretty confident the DLC characters will be used to promote some of their upcoming games seeing as how Nintendo was picking them.

Although, I guess I could still see Doom Slayer since Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash already and Doom Eternal coming up soonish.
I really want the Best Ending to smash DLC which is Porky as a promo for a global Mother 3 re-release but I think I forgot to do a couple side quests earlier in the hype cycle so I guess that's not happening.
You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Nothing relating to Ultimate but...

ZeRo, the Smash 4 Legend, will now come out of retirement and compete Smash with a new sponsor!

No longer he will be TSM but Tempo Storm (alongside other Smash competitors like Axe and S2J!)

He's looking forward to compete Ultimate!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looking forward to seeing if he's still got it. At the very least he'll keep the scene entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom