• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Off topic, But freakin' Leaf is in Let's Go:

My life is now complete.

still not buying the game tho lol
*adjusts glasses* Well, technically that's not Leaf.

That's Green (Blue in the Japanese version).

You know, the original female Trainer that Leaf was based on (pictured here).

Pakky

Smash Hero
Do people really think there's going to be a season 2 of DLC?
If there's not Nintendo doesn't like money.

"Hey ya'll should we support the biggest Ip in in the catalog through the system's life cycle?"

"Nah fam give them Metroid pinball on the phone instead!"

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There's hope yea. We know Nintendo is pushing for more extensive DLC and they are picking characters for smash. Sakurai is doing 5 of those, we don't know if they'll do more characters for the ones he didn't pick first.

D

Deleted member

There's hope yea. We know Nintendo is pushing for more extensive DLC and they are picking characters for smash. Sakurai is doing 5 of those, we don't know if they'll do more characters for the ones he didn't pick first.
Holy **** what if Nintendo gave him like 15 characters and we get 3 ****ing seasons
That actually isn't too unlikely

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There are going to be 5 seasons. Each comes with 5 stages, 5 fighters, and some amount of music. One of the seasons will be mostly filler, much to the chagrin of people trying to watch the anime after reading the manga.
I heard season 3 has a beach episode.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If Nintendo was the one to select the DLC characters, I wonder what that means for third parties. I kind of assumed the DLC would be mostly third party but this makes me think otherwise.

Now I'm kinda thinking Nintendo will want to use the DLC to push upcoming games like Fire Emblem Three Houses.
I dunno...the suits probably know that third parties will sell best, and with Spring Man and Rex in a bad position, there aren’t too many obvious sellers among the first parties.

The only promotion I can honeslty see happening is Waluigi because of the outcry in June. Otherwise, I can see mostly third parties.

I assume Nintendo looked at their closest partners and gave Sakurai their list from there. I doubt “what if the company says no” was an issue since no company with at least two brain cells is going to say no to their IP in Smash and there’s probably good relationships with these companies anyway.

I’m thinking this looks worst for the more niche characters or retros whose chances have always relied on Sakurai picking them since he likes surprises. If a bunch of execs are picking, this could be mostly “like this character? Buy his game!” or “thanks for supporting the Switch!” characters.

But Sakurai did have veto power, so I don’t think Edelgard/Byleth look likely. He remembers the Corrin backlash, and then we have another FE on top of it.

I do wish that they’d use extra time to pump out a few more DLC echoes though. More characters is always fun.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Alright let me try this:

- Don't lose your head
- Delusion about one's own power or importance
- Japanese rice cake
- Draw a map
- Wumpa

Bionichute

Smash Champion
There are going to be 5 seasons. Each comes with 5 stages, 5 fighters, and some amount of music. One of the seasons will be mostly filler, much to the chagrin of people trying to watch the anime after reading the manga.
I heard season 3 has a beach episode.
there will actually be 4 seasons. the first will be good, the second will pass by quickly, the third season will be terrible and last too long, and the final one will be halloween

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if this for season 1?

Katalina

Steve

Geno

Dixie Kong

Rayman
Not bad, really. It has Dixie Kong.

If there's not Nintendo doesn't like money.

"Hey ya'll should we support the biggest Ip in in the catalog through the system's life cycle?"

"Nah fam give them Metroid pinball on the phone instead!"
Or Sakurai had enough and Nintendo can't force him to work on the game forever.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is one of the reasons why I feel more welcomed in resetera.
Because I don't have to deal with this bull****.
I blocked him, you should do the same honestly, makes the general thread experience a little easier.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
This is one of the reasons why I feel more welcomed in resetera.
Because I don't have to deal with this bull****.
About the racism and that kind of thing.

I learned that doesnt worth to get enraged 'bout that, and I prefer to ignore those people that just want attention and doesnt worth to discuss with them. Life too short to get angry at close minded people, I live in a country that borders other that voted for a guy that hate my people and I prefer just to move on instead of being mad all the time he spills hate, he doesnt worth my time.

Report the guy and call it a day and chill out my friend, dont blame all community for a racist dude. I think this community is cool.

But well, maybe im wrong... I dont really live in America so maybe I dont get the full context of a divided country.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Once Sakurai inevitably announces all the Smash DLC characters at once, people will begin speculating about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2: Super Smash Bros. Ultimater

D

Deleted member

Once Sakurai inevitably announces all the Smash DLC characters at once, people will begin speculating about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2: Super Smash Bros. Ultimater
Zoe Trent should be at the top of everyone's mind for Newcomers in Ultimate 2
I mean she's gonna happen
right?
right?

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Look, I'm not a mod anymore, but none seem to be here right now. I suggest we drop the talk of G&W's changes for the time being, we stop trying to antagonize each other or other people, and we just focus on other aspects of Smash.
Nah, when people like TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk are posting racist ****, call them out.
We don't want racism to infect smashboards.

D

Deleted member

Depends how well this season sells. Nintendo's going all in on DLC according to their new CEO, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

D

Deleted member

Marketing wise, it would make more sense to let customers know all the characters they're getting before buying the season pass but Sakurai still insists in making reveals an even even though that's extremely counterproductive.
Do we know if Richter does the whip dangle and how we even do the whip dangle? I assume it's holding A after using an Ftilt
We've known that since his reveal but I'm pretty sure it's holding A after Jab 1.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Just saying, if Nintendo is going all in on DLC, Delfino Plaza in Odyssey would sell like hotcakes.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Marketing wise, it would make more sense to let customers know all the characters they're getting before buying the season pass but Sakurai still insists in making reveals an even even though that's extremely counterproductive.
I actually agree there. If all of the characters are known, part of me would kind of prefer they just lay all the cards out on the table right now.
It would end speculation, which can be fun and exciting, but at the same time, I'm definitely ready for speculation to end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While i plan to buy Ultimate at launch, i want to share some things that we know about that i don't find as good as the rest of the game.

These don't make the game worse or better, but they still felt strange to me. (Expected, because nothing is perfect).

Here they are:
-Samus keeping the Other M suit.
-Donkey Kong having just generic gorilla sounds again.
-Mario not using Cappy a lot.
-No Ocarina or Twilight skin for Link.
-No new Metroid or DK stage.
-N64 stages not being remade like the Melee ones.
-Alph still as a skin and not a separate fighter.
-Pac-Maze gone.
-The small amount of Final Fantasy stuff.
-Mute City from Melee not returning.

And i think that's about it.
They feel strange to me, but Ultimate isn't worse or better because of these.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Honestly at this point I just hope Nintendo knocks our socks off with the first DLC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom