• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What if a character is announced and just throws all speculation off

like an AT like Isaac or Skull Kid or a character everyone thinks is too young like Rex or some random wtf character like Travis

Pakky

Smash Hero
>Implying Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta weren't pushed by Nintendo themselves for Smash 4 for some good money

What a young innocent soul you are :bobomb:
I mean that looks like a Nintendo to me, says so on the tin.

D

Deleted member

like an AT like Isaac or Skull Kid or a character everyone thinks is too young like Rex or some random wtf character like Travis
The chance exists.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I keep hearing people say Verge said something new? What was it?
Nothing, he just said that the tweet doesn't change anything about what he heard, whenever it's Sakurai, or Nintendo, a Square-Enix characters will be in.

D

Deleted member

like an AT like Isaac or Skull Kid or a character everyone thinks is too young like Rex or some random wtf character like Zoe Trent
fixed
(it's a joke)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
That Mii Gunner position still bugs the heck out of me, the Grinch leak even put them all together in favor of Banjo and Shadow taking their spots that gave me another factor in Team Real.

I hate that leaker...

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
God, I hope for everyone's sake they at least do a season 2 with a few more characters. I'm already imagining the levels of salt being super bad.

At least the Grinch leak being fake was buffered by 6 DLC characters coming
Y'know, weren't Nintendo higher-ups the ones who recently gave the bit about honing in hard for DLC on their first party games?

I think we may be in good hands for multiple seasons of DLC if that's the case.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Woah! I didnt think that would be our digimon representative.

Memetan is the name of the whale that the girl is swinging.
No...

Not the whale...

Anything but the whale...

*shivers*
---
By the way, here's Season 2 of the DLC characters.

Agamemnon
Dueling Banjos... KAZOO'd
Mr. Blue Sky
Silhouette
Trevor Touch-up

Whose Line points for anyone who can get all of them.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Y'know, weren't Nintendo higher-ups the ones who recently gave the bit about honing in hard for DLC on their first party games?

still a chance we might not get multiple rounds of dlc, it isn't definitive that we will

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Now I'm hoping they update the banner with the DLC characters for the sole purpose of reuniting the Miis.

D

Deleted member

Nothing, he just said that the tweet doesn't change anything about what he heard, whenever it's Sakurai, or Nintendo, a Square-Enix characters will be in.
Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. I kept seeing people talk about Noctis and got confused, lol.

Yeah, DLC being handled this way isn't surprising to me. I 100% guarantee that work has already started on them and most, if not all of the 5, are already decided on. I could see them start slowly rolling them out by June.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I cant really picture a future.

I love how pesimistic are we in this era.

Back then, everyone pictured flying cars and a nice future. Now, we cant imagine a future.
It's not that we can't imagine it's just that we can imagine isn't exactly something fun to imagine. we live in a dark world these days.

D

Deleted member

My DLC wishlist a la KMDP KMDP :
Thingamajig
Blonde Mega Man
Furry Bait
Banana Woody Tree
Twilight Barkle
(Edit: See if you can guess my friends!)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You know I'm really happy at all the hot guys in Ultimate

Richter, Ike, Link, Shulk, Ganondorf, Little Mac, Ken, Marth, and more

thank you based sakurai for this blessed game

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
totally 100% real smush deeelcee list

notfe anime swordsperson
hat goomba
sans undertale
fe anime swordsperson
bubsy

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I just hope Sakurai agrees. I imaging working on DLC is less stressful than a full game but I wonder how long they can keep him held down to do that specifically.

I also feel like if they sporadically released some smaller efforts, like echo fighters, people would be MUCH more satisfied by the end result of their top picks didn't make the big DLC roster.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I'm hoping that we get to see all of the Fighter's Pass characters at once even if it's just their renders
You implying this to be before they all release of after? Because as much as I want the former, is there really such a chance?

Then again.....maybe if they reveal them all at the VGA awards. Lord knows it would facilitate Capcom claiming that this would be a big year for Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney fans.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Nah.

I can accept anything that could come.
I even feel more open to Piranha Plant now.
Don't get me wrong, me too. But there will always be uproar. 5 is surprisingly not a lot, which sounds really stupid to say considering the game will have 80 characters after all of the current DLC is released.

I just think, that with the longevity of the Switch and how big this game is (and the completeness and finality of it), that DLC is bigger than the initial 5 and is supported for a little longer than normal.

D

Deleted member

You didn't list any of the true husbandos, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

God, with the exception of Link all of these make me go ♪All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your lovely arms, watch out here I come♪

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah that's not gonna happen, we'll probably get one at the game awards, one in a direct early next year, one at e3, one in autumn and then another at the end of 2019 somewhere. I'm just hoping we won't have to wait months between announcement and release again.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if several release together. Smash 4 released Roy, Lucas and Ryu together, as well as Corrin and Bayonetta.

D

Deleted member

God, with the exception of Link all of these make me go ♪All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your lovely arms, watch out here I come♪
link is literally the hottest of all of them but go off i guess

(joking)

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Seeing as Chrom apparently appears in Lucina's FS and is his own character.
I think we can make the assumption here that characters confirmed as assist trophies or stickers could potentially show up as playables.

Many people believe that characters cant occupy more than one status or be upgraded from one. But Id say this piece of information lets us know that no one is off the table.

Assist trophies make the perfect candidates seeing as their models are already created, and only need updating or details. And it would probably be more unexpected.

I figured they had the dlc characters already picked, its just a matter of time before they leak.

I dont think we will get more FE characters though. The game is saturated with them, and I would hope Sakurai knows this.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

"It's Raining Men" starts to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom