• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, my only doubts regarding Bandana Dee is that Sakurai may possibly have some bias against the character. Tbh, I can't help but feel that if I created a series, and then after I left they made a new character and imolemented them into the main cast, I wouldn't have felt pleased. Is it silly? Yeah, but it wouldn't be a feeling he would be able to fight against so easily.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, my only doubts regarding Bandana Dee is that Sakurai may possibly have some bias against the character. Tbh, I can't help but feel that if I created a series, and then after I left they made a new character and imolemented them into the main cast, I wouldn't have felt pleased. Is it silly? Yeah, but it wouldn't be a feeling he would be able to fight against so easily.
I don't think so, in fact I think he's pleased that his pet franchise has grown so much with new characters and new games even after he's stepped away

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Oh snap, was that Green?!

Not an exact match, but Red and "Leaf" have never been a part of the same story outside of the Manga. This is the first thing that's actually got me genuinely interested in Let's go, haha.
Holy **** we're finally getting classic Red back and Leaf is not only going to play a part in the story but will also have her manga design. Suddenly there's something that interests me about this game.

And also classic Sabrina. Thank you GF, thank you.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I really find it hard to believe the Sakurai would sacrifice many potential sales for his own ego.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In the end, it's impossible to say what he thinks. We at least know he doesn't have a problem with the changes they've made to :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultkirby:

D

Deleted member

Take in mind that Nintendo, while being a company, isn't like EA or Konami.

They know that fan requests can attract lots of benefits.

It is kind of weird to explain, but the best example of a company succeeding thanks to the fan support is LEGO: that company is as huge as it is today thanks to the support and attention that the fans gave to them, which attracted even more consumers.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Nintendo I am on my knees, please make Travis Touchdown the promotional character.
This goes tenfold for Phoenix Wright! I mean, his trilogy is coming to the Switch with ample timing, Sakurai met with Takumi during the perfect time for DLC to have been deliberated. Capcom suggesting something big for Ace Attorney fans this year. This all feels like a tease just waiting to see its bursting fruition!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I like you :)

But I have my doubts about Travis :/ It would need to be Nintendo doing a heavy push for Travis for him to make it as dlc at this point, since it doesn't seem Suda can slide a couple yen under the table to Sakurai this time around.
At the same time, the game is being prepped as a big Switch exclusive and has been since day one. I feel like this might be the chance he needed, especially if you consider they delayed the game to January as a favor to Nintendo, just like they did with NMH2 and Brawl...

Be sure to stop by his support thread! We need all the help we can get.

D

Deleted member

If you want a good example of fan-support saving companies from going down, just look at LEGO.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So...
  • Edgelord
  • Memetan
  • Isuck
  • Slim
  • Bandai Wobble Three
Guys, did I do it right?
Woah! I didnt think that would be our digimon representative.

Memetan is the name of the whale that the girl is swinging.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This goes tenfold for Phoenix Wright! I mean, his trilogy is coming to the Switch with ample timing, Sakurai met with Takumi during the perfect time for DLC to have been deliberated. Capcom suggesting something big for Ace Attorney fans this year. This all feels like a tease just waiting to see its bursting fruition!
I can only hope. Even just one of my most-wanted getting in would make me cry. The fact that a lot of them were absolutely part of the conversation is just nuts to me. If Elma, Phoenix, Travis, Neku, and Joker all made it in I'd probably melt.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I kind of like the idea of Nintendo having a hand in the DLC choices. Might lead to more, you know, actual Nintendo characters this time around ;)

D

Deleted member

I don't think so, in fact I think he's pleased that his pet franchise has grown so much with new characters and new games even after I've stepped away
In the end, it's impossible to say what he thinks. We at least know he doesn't have a problem with the changes they've made to :ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultkirby:
I know it's impossible to know what he thinks but it's just a thought I had and why I put it as "possibly". It's certainly not impossible though.
I think it depends too much what type of vision he himself had for Kirby, which is also something we can't know for sure.

D

Deleted member

It is worth noting that fan demand was what brought Medievil back.

And Toys For Bob took the suggestions made by a good number of fans to make Reignited Trilogy look and feel as good as it does at the moment.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
God, I hope for everyone's sake they at least do a season 2 with a few more characters. I'm already imagining the levels of salt being super bad.

At least the Grinch leak being fake was buffered by 6 DLC characters coming

Bionichute

Smash Champion
so piranha plant is 100% definitely coming out on feb 15th next year right. why else would they release its amiibo that day

D

Deleted member

God, I hope for everyone's sake they at least do a season 2 with a few more characters. I'm already imagining the levels of salt being super bad.

At least the Grinch leak being fake was buffered by 6 DLC characters coming
Nah.

I can accept anything that could come.
I even feel more open to Piranha Plant now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I kind of like the idea of Nintendo having a hand in the DLC choices. Might lead to more, you know, actual Nintendo characters this time around ;)
We were going to get more Nintendo newcomers in either way, since all veterans are in the base roster.

D

Deleted member

>Implying Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta weren't pushed by Nintendo themselves for Smash 4 for some good money

What a young innocent soul you are :bobomb:
And those were actually good picks, in my oppinion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me, externally: I'm content with what we got with the base game.
Me, internally: WHY THE HECK MII GUNNER IS STILL SEPARATE FROM THE REST IN THE MURAL?!

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Me, externally: I'm content with what we got with the base game.
Me, internally: WHY THE HECK MII GUNNER IS STILL SEPARATE FROM THE REST IN THE MURAL?!
why are the mii fighters not placed where they should be on the select screen thats driving me mad

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Any word on that supposed n64 direct? I imagine if they wanna hype this thing up before black friday its either this or next week they have to do it.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't really care who gets in. I'm hoping that we get to see all of the Fighter's Pass characters at once even if it's just their renders
Yeah that's not gonna happen, we'll probably get one at the game awards, one in a direct early next year, one at e3, one in autumn and then another at the end of 2019 somewhere. I'm just hoping we won't have to wait months between announcement and release again.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And those were actually good picks, in my oppinion.
Same, no complain here. I take Iconic over relevance or meme fan pics.

they weren't
>Falling for PR
That's your first mistake.

Next you will tell me that during E3 no DLC were planned/In talk because Bill said so until the game is over when we know about a Square-Enix rep since August?

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
  • Obligatory FE character
  • Melmetal :troll:
  • Surprising character
  • Third party character
  • Minor character in major Nintendo game
More like:
  • Edelgard
  • Misty, with a new design (Or Melmetal, whichever helps you sleep at night)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shantae
  • Marx
Yeah, 'twould be the dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom