• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

how many spirits do you think there are in the game. i've counted 450 so far and i hope there's three times more than that
There were 743 trophies in Smash 4
Spirits take significantly less time to develop so I'd assume like at least twice that

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but have we talked about how good Bandanna Dee's chances for dlc are looking? Not an AT, not in any moves or animations (in fact a Waddle Dee was removed from King Dedede's victory animation) and so far hasn't even been shown as a Spirit (imo being a Spirit doesn't kill anyone's chances, but not being one can't hurt). And if we think of the dlc as being selected by Nintendo with Sakurai's approval, then "Sakurai bias", as dumb as it was, isn't applicable. Also PP removes the generic enemy argument (also a bad arguement). And finally of course, he's very popular in Japan.

Yeah definitely looking good for him, I'm wishing for the best for his fans.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Nah, in 50 years the ipad 38 will recognzie when someone tries to jailbreak it, therefore activating the mini-nuke and destroying my future moon condo.

Llort The 3rd better not blow up my goddamn future moon condo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I kinda really wanna play this game, watch Villager become a smash character oh wait a second

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but have we talked about how good Bandanna Dee's chances for dlc are looking? Not an AT, not in any moves or animations (in fact a Waddle Dee was removed from King Dedede's victory animation) and so far hasn't even been shown as a Spirit (imo being a Spirit doesn't kill anyone's chances, but not being one can't hurt). And if we think of the dlc as being selected by Nintendo with Sakurai's approval, then "Sakurai bias", as dumb as it was, isn't applicable. Also PP removes the generic enemy argument (also a bad arguement). And finally of course, he's very popular in Japan.

Yeah definitely looking good for him, I'm wishing for the best for his fans.
Given how successful star allies was and how highly he likely placed on the ballot it would make sense for nintendo to pick him tbh

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna come out and say it since all of you guys are too cowardly to do it yourself
*ahem*

GOOMBA DESERVES TO BE IN SMASH

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly the only reason I think holding Bandy back is Sakurai’s own modesty bias against him considering he didn’t even get a trophy or any sort of appereance...at all.

As a supporter of him, I think Nintendo’s call is the best shot he has since they actually give him recognition unlike Sakurai.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Given how successful star allies was and how highly he likely placed on the ballot it would make sense for nintendo to pick him tbh
I bet Bandana Waddle Dee was at least on the Shortlist Sakurai was given.

Also, I wonder when "Guys I totally found the DLC choice list Sakurai was given (because my Dad works at Nintendo)!" leaks will start popping up.

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
OFF TOPIC: Does anyone know how to add an animated gif as my avatar? I really want Richter whipping skeletons as my avatar. :(

D

Deleted member

I bet Bandana Waddle Dee was at least on the Shortlist Sakurai was given.

Also, I wonder when "Guys I totally found the DLC choice list Sakurai was given (because my Dad works at Nintendo)!" leaks will start popping up.
Guys I totally found the DLC choice list Sakurai was given (because my Dad works at Nintendo)!
Rayman
Gunvolt
Renamon
Sora
Giygas
Banjo and Kazooie
Bandana Dee
Chorus Kids
Geno
Patra
Goku
Crash
Zoe Trent

KMDP

Smash Legend
Guys I totally found the DLC choice list Sakurai was given (because my Dad works at Nintendo)!
Rayman
Gunvolt
Renamon
Sora
Giygas
Banjo and Kazooie
Bandana Dee
Chorus Kids
Geno
Patra
Goku
Crash
Zoe Trent
*standard 4chan response making judgement calls about the leak's veracity and sexuality*

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Now that you say that, I get the reference. :laugh:

I need to watch Back to the Future again...

Also, everyone seems dead set on being doom and gloom about the Smash DLC being 100% corporate and promotional, any attempts to inform people that Sakurai had a certain amount of choice in his selection even with Nintendo limiting his options seem to get ignored.
Yup, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo also had a hand in Ridley and K. Rool, simply due to the ballot. It's why I'm going to be keeping my head high for Geno and Banjo, regardless this run.

Dragon Quest being the rep is entirely a rumor not backed by Vergeben (though I wouldn't mind it), and Minecraft has not been confirmed for a character representation. The game is big enough that even if there were plans for music (which literally could be what it is in base) or Mii costumes would ring out and get to people like Vergeben. Hitagi has already backed down on his Katalina claim, I wouldn't be surprised if he went a little too gung ho and mentioned Steve, whom could simply be just abmii costume (and also fits that logically more than a character would).

Nobody (generalizing) was asking for Minecraft before Vergeben mentioned it, I really don't think it's on Nintendo's radar like people think. My opinion on the matter but whatever.

Anyway, what I hope/expect at this point is:

- Geno (Sakurai's most wanted, if it doesn't happen here, it wont happen ever)
- Banjo (Personally think this is the Microsoft choice over Steve and his inclusion will be well hidden)
- Rayman (people definitely are sleeping on his inclusion like several of you are saying)
- BWD (Japan's most desired behind K. Rool at this point.)
- A promotional rep (I'm sure Nintendo will have one, just not all 5). Pokemon, FE, whatever. By some miracle a RH game is coming out next year, Chorus Kids plz.

Replace the last 2 with more 3rd parties if they decide to only pick them.

I think most of the biggest Nintendo affiliated iconic characters already in Smash, save for probably like Banjo. I do expect this DLC to be more fan-service and not specifically huge gaming icons (BWD, Geno, etc. are possibilities is my point)

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i found the list and here's what it had on it:
Amazing Thing
Amazing Thing
Amazing Thing
Amazing Thing
Amazing Thing

wait this is my grocery list

D

Deleted member

*standard 4chan response making judgement calls about the leak's veracity and sexuality*
*standard 4chan response to you saying how good and verifiable the leak is and that you're gay*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Oh god what did they do to you, Lance?"
*Sees Giovanni*
"OOOOOH HELLO DAD"
*sees Blue*
"Really don't--"
*Red*
"OH MY--
*Leaf appearing outside of a playable character*
*With her manga design*
"MOTHER****ERS WHY DID THEY TOOK SO LONG TO SHOW SOMETHING ACTUALLY GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME"
oh hey its Blue, the better rival

to bad I still wont buy the game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously though if my "leak" was the actual list he was given I'd ****ing lose it (because of happiness)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
  • Obligatory FE character
  • Melmetal :troll:
  • Surprising character
  • Third party character
  • Minor character in major Nintendo game

D

Deleted member

hey guys my uncle is sakurai's lover here's the list
1. elma
2. elma
3. elma
4. elma
5. rex

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Nintendo I am on my knees, please make Travis Touchdown the promotional character.
I like you :)

But I have my doubts about Travis :/ It would need to be Nintendo doing a heavy push for Travis for him to make it as dlc at this point, since it doesn't seem Suda can slide a couple yen under the table to Sakurai this time around.
At this point, and no offense to anyone's characters who got deconfirmed/didn't make it, BWD is the only character who would shock me if he didn't get in.

Well and Dixie but I've been getting used to the possibility since K.Rool's reveal.
Honestly I don't really care who gets in. I'm hoping that we get to see all of the Fighter's Pass characters at once even if it's just their renders
Ha not gunna happen with Nintendo. One of my favorite posts I made on here was pointing out that witholding information is Nintendo's kink and I refer back to that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom