• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This ain't it, chief. Nothing of those graphic matched Ultimate's graphics. Look at Incineroar's fur and then to Crash's fur,

Actually, Sakurai said that they were starting their development on DLCs.
lol here we go with the fake picture leaks again :p

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
To comment the Spirits thing, since the last time I posted a straight up Daisy Spirit has been found, but is considered a different kind of Spirit that cannot be equipped. Not a deconfirmation but it's not good news for characters already equipable Spirits. IMO it depends of whether Piranha Plant has an equipable Spirit. If it does then the "equipable Spirits deconfirm characters" assumption can be discarded (and I hope it will be the case), otherwise we might have a reason to be worried.

Also this is very relevant:
Speculation-is-not-dead-yet.png

(Also sice we're talking about it I unironically would love a playable Tetris block. But I admit the lack of limbs would make it hard to implement. Maybe it would grab character by stomping on them? And only certain shapes like S/Z or horizontal L could grab the ledge, assuming it can change forms during battle? And grabbing items would be the hardest thing... make it balance on the top of its body? ahah)

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
This ain't it, chief. Nothing of those graphic matched Ultimate's graphics. Look at Incineroar's fur and then to Crash's fur,

Actually, Sakurai said that they were starting their development on DLCs.
Yeah but, the in game model for Incineroar have the same type of fur.
This is not a render, this is in-game grafics.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
For those that missed it earlier, this was Verg's stance on Katalina:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77162181/911785222

Meaning it's very possible she's not even 1 of the 5 anymore. We all need to just relax and enjoy the base game, before we start worrying about characters whom will take months to even be revealed.
Yeah, as much as I want her in, I'm not 100% convinced she'll be in. I'll just enjoy the game once it comes out, and I'll honestly probably get burned out on the game before she even gets announced, sadly

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Graizen, i’m sorry...

But it is the Skylanders model.
He probably used the selfie mode from that game, took a picture of Crash jumping, made a screenshot with another device, and probably pulled a Sassy Geno.

It is fake.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
For those that missed it earlier, this was Verg's stance on Katalina:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77162181/911785222

Meaning it's very possible she's not even 1 of the 5 anymore. We all need to just relax and enjoy the base game, before we start worrying about characters whom will take months to even be revealed.
Scratch Katalina then, so we still got mysterious square enix rep (likely to be Sora or Geno) and Steve from minecraft as two of five DLC characters.

Umm.... Did you know that Sakurai said they started the development on DLC? That photo is fake by the way.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You say it with all this confidence of yours

And yet...

Not even a week has passed since one of the most believable leaks in smash history got proven wrong

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
>Remembers how beautiful Banjo’s fur could’ve looked with Ulitmate’s graphics.

*gross weeping*

Hey guys , not to "love leaks" more but!
Look here:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437813791

This guys posted this Crash image.
But i have played every single Crash Bandicoot game.
And thats the first time i see this model.
I searched for this image as well, and i can't find the source.

This looks like smash...
Nooooo way man. I’ve learned my lesson from the Grinch leak no matter how much I want to support Crash now.

D

Deleted member

Here, the Crash “leak” is fake.

Dammit with the broken picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Are you getting worked up over my responses?
I'm not trying to be rude but I just. I literally fail to see how you're not comprehending my point.

My point from the very beginning is that because a character like PP will be paid DLC saying a character won't be DLC because nobody will buy them is a very poor argument, especially when it's TETRIS, one of THE most iconic games of all time.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hey guys , not to "love leaks" more but!
Look here:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437813791

This guys posted this Crash image.
But i have played every single Crash Bandicoot game.
And thats the first time i see this model.
I searched for this image as well, and i can't find the source.

This looks like smash...
It's fake, I found a google image search and found a twitter page that shows this exact image from a tweet posted in 2016

Anyways let's talk about the Blue Falcon again...

I thought that the emblems were new... but they weren't...

However...

There is something completely different about it that as far as I looked... I can never find anything prior to it.
Falcon1.jpg

FALCON HUNCH.PNG

The interiors are completely different.
Besides the ware and tear of the Blue Falcon and the hinges and rods holding the glass in place. Everything about this entire interior is different. Blue things on the sides, a COMPLETELY different Chair, and a small black box on the grey box. The grey box also has vent ports as well. So I wonder if this is another Smash redesign or if its actually a real hint at something bigger? I hope the latter

D

Deleted member

>Remembers how beautiful Banjo’s fur could’ve looked with Ulitmate’s graphics.

*gross weeping*

Nooooo way man. I’ve learned my lesson from the Grinch leak no matter how much I want to support Crash now.
Trust me, it is fake.
He edited the Skylanders model like Sassy Geno.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Scratch Katalina then, so we still got mysterious square enix rep (likely to be Sora or Geno) and Steve from minecraft as two of five DLC characters.

Umm.... Did you know that Sakurai said they started the development on DLC? That photo is fake by the way.
Steve is not a lock, Verge said there is Minecraft content. Meaning it could be a Steve Mii costume, or just trivial spirits content.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's fake, I found a google image search and found a twitter page that shows this exact image from a tweet posted in 2016

However...

There is something completely different about it that as far as I looked... I can never find anything prior to it.
View attachment 175717
View attachment 175720

Besides the ware and tear of the Blue Falcon and the hinges and rods holding the glass in place. Everything about this entire interior is different. Blue things on the sides, a COMPLETELY different Chair, and a small black box on the grey box. The grey box also has vent ports as well. So I wonder if this is another Smash redesign or if its actually a real hint at something bigger? I hope the latter
Seeing as the Luigi Poltergust being remastered actually pointed to a new game...

D

Deleted member

Japanese Smash fans have zero chill and it's hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm not trying to be rude but I just. I literally fail to see how you're not comprehending my point.

My point from the very beginning is that because a character like PP will be paid DLC saying a character won't be DLC because nobody will buy them is a very poor argument, especially when it's TETRIS, one of THE most iconic games of all time.
I understand that. I get what you're saying. It's iconic. I get it. I just can't picture how that could look interesting enough to want to purchase

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Can anyone tell what Ness's new victory theme is supposed to be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6V3Ts82jA&feature=youtu.be&t=343

I'm super familiar with EarthBound's soundtrack, but it doesn't sound familiar to me. It's possible it's the end of Smiles and Tears (like in 64/Melee), but truncated a bit, but probably not. And it's definitely not the Mother 1 theme from Brawl/4.
It's eight melodies from Earthbound beginnings, specifically the "Sing a melody of love, oh of love."

D

Deleted member

However...

View attachment 175717
View attachment 175720

Thanks for helping me with the fake.

I know so much about Crash, that i recognize a fake of him easily.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Steve is not a lock, Verge said there is Minecraft content. Meaning it could be a Steve Mii costume, or just trivial spirits content.
Yeah. Something to keep in mind.

Regardless of what the content is, if it's paid DLC, Microsoft gets a cut. One possible scenario is that Sakurai approached Microsoft about including B&K as a character, only for Microsoft to counter by saying that Minecraft sells bazillions more, thus resulting in a compromise where Banjo gets in, but Minecraft gets a stage and multiple Mii outfits. Sakurai gets the character he wanted, Microsoft makes more bank on extra content.

This is only one scenario, not something backed up by any evidence. But it's possible that Minecraft is in the game but Steve himself is not a playable character.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I understand that. I get what you're saying. It's iconic. I get it. I just can't picture how that could look interesting enough to want to purchase
No...you don't...I again am not trying to be rude, but just...completely forget I'm discussing the L Block there. Let's rephrase it like this.
"Using the NO ONE WOULD BUY THEM argument for /ANY/ DLC character, is a poor argument to use."
This can fit countless characters besides the Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom