• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think it's funny how literally all of the characters people argued were "Popular in japan" missed the roster. Let's face it. We don't know what's popular in japan.
But Touhou and Granblue Fantasy and The Idolmaster and Kancolle and Fate are popular games in Japan :) Especially Touhou, good gosh.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
. . . just now?
I am baffled by this damn leak and I would love to know where the hell it came from. Even after the direct, I was convinced that there must be something official to it. Trying to pimp it now though seems straight up Alex Jonesian now that Vergeben has spoken. I still want to know what the hell it was.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Smash Ultimate comes out 3 days before my first final.

Won't have much time to play it until about 5 days after launch day.
I know how you feel. I have finals the week after Ultimate as well. But that won't stop me from playing it :)

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
see this guys is the only relation to gambling and KH I could find, but he doesn't seem to have dice that look like that
No, he doesn’t, but he does have dice, nobodies are that color, and that totally looks like the symbol.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Speaking of Classic Mode, I honestly can't wait to play through it at least once with every character just to see what each character's path/rivals will be, since each one is supposed to be unique.

On a similar note, I want to see every characters' taglines in the Boxing Ring, as that was one of my favorite Easter eggs featured in Smash 4.
Well Classic Mode is the only mode you have to look forward to! BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER MODES IN THE GAME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN ALL STAR!!!!!!!!!!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Say is there a way to get permabanned?
Just log out and leave. No need for this attention seeking nonsense.

I've now just realised we can't play Smashdown online. Oh well I wasn't expecting it.

D

Deleted member

I'll probably do some normal Smash stuff before jumping into WoL. Maybe Samus Classic Mode but after that I'm jumping straight into WoL, specially if that's how you unlock characters.
The more I think about, the more hyped I get. The characters that can get represented through Spirits, the bosses, the weird ass gimmick fights, the not!RPG mode, the areas based off actual games locations, it just seems too good. The only way this could be more hype was if it had SSE style cutscenes and a proper plot but I'll take an adventure mode with this simple setup, write your own story, I guess.
totally getting Lucas or Pkmn Trainer to fight the Galleom rematch btw

Shroob

Sup?
Am i the only one that feels that the existence of insiders has pretty much ruined any surprise and suspense the season pass brings?
I honest to god don't mind.

I'd rather sit on my hands and wait knowing what's coming than have this cycle's speculation repeat for another solid year+

Ultimate's speculation cycle was ****ing ass

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
No, he doesn’t, but he does have dice, nobodies are that color, and that totally looks like the symbol.
Well right, but where does that leave us.

There's very clearly a set of KH based dice in the background of a Smash direct.

Is the current attitude that just isn't a hint? I mean I can accept people thinking it's a coincidence, I just don't know if I follow that thinking...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I can only imagine the Smash Ultimate being awfully similar to PlayStation All Stars in which case!

Almost nobody brought that DLC (Zeus And Issac Clarke) and all plans for P.S All Stars DLC had to be scrapped with Sony wasting a truck load of money!

The same will be done for Ultimate in which nobody will buy any DLC (I'm telling you all that this + the base game will fail tremendously) and all plans will have to be scrapped completely (With Sakurai taking a hammer to his computer and crying all night)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah that won’t happen. Go back to your crib.

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Just log out and leave. No need for this attention seeking nonsense.

I've now just realised we can't play Smashdown online. Oh well I wasn't expecting it.
Wait I wanna tell you guys something important before I go I heard an interesting rumor.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Is it wrong that after years of hoping for Ridley the character I'm most hyped for is mii gunner in the custom robo costume? I feel like a traitor.
I mean... I was wanting Daisy since Melee and...well, I'm still extremely hyped for her. My argument is invalid.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

There's very clearly a set of KH based dice in the background of a Smash direct.

Is the current attitude that just isn't a hint? I mean I can accept people thinking it's a coincidence, I just don't know if I follow that thinking...
It's probably nothing and Sakurai put that there just to troll us all (The Cruel Evil Stinker)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Am i the only one that feels that the existence of insiders has pretty much ruined any surprise and suspense the season pass brings?
I actually don't mind not being surprised, because the suspense is bad for my health, so I actually like finding out who the characters are from insiders and leakers. I don't want to constantly be worrying about who's getting in and who's not

Shroob

Sup?

Why are we even sure they're Kingdom Heart dice?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
lmao, I've played KH since 1 and the only time I've heard dice mentioned is with the gambler nobody.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Before I show you guys the rumor, I have to tell a story:

So today in Spanish class, my teacher told us that we would be listening to a song in Spanish. Already, I began to tremble. I had a bad feeling about this. “Which one?” I ask shakily, not wanting to hear the answer. “Despacito” She responds. I begin to hyperventilate. My worst fears have been realized. I fade in and out of conciseness. I clamp my palms over my ears, but I know it’s futile. The song plays. I’m crying now, praying. God, Allah, Buddha please help me. I curl up on the floor. There’s nothing I can do now. And then it happens. The chorus plays. The girls in my class open their mouths. The screams of the damned, the shrieks of the tortured fill my ears and bounce around my skull. My eardrums rupture, blood leaking out. I try to scream, but no sound comes out. I can only sit there, violently shaking as it happens to me. After what seems like hours, it’s finally over. I try to move, but I cannot make myself. My brain shuts down as my vision fades to black. I muster the last of my energy, uttering the accursed word.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a very technical person, but I was thinking that the game is already preloaded on a huge amount of switches. What's the chance that people datamine the game before release? I know we know the whole roster already, but maybe there's some files in there hinting at some of the DLC newcomers. If I remember correctly, didn't people in Smash 4 find strings or files for Bayonetta before she was revealed?

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'll probably do some normal Smash stuff before jumping into WoL. Maybe Samus Classic Mode but after that I'm jumping straight into WoL, specially if that's how you unlock characters.
The more I think about, the more hyped I get. The characters that can get represented through Spirits, the bosses, the weird *** gimmick fights, the not!RPG mode, the areas based off actual games locations, it just seems too good. The only way this could be more hype was if it had SSE style cutscenes and a proper plot but I'll take an adventure mode with this simple setup, write your own story, I guess.
totally getting Lucas or Pkmn Trainer to fight the Galleom rematch btw
Totally, WoL sounds like something I'm going to be lost in when the game drops, as I really want to see just how much is featured in that mode. It's funny, we got a pretty decent look of it, but there's still so much we don't know about it, and that's what makes it so exciting to me.

Spirits in general are going to be a huge timesink for me, as I wanna collect all of them and if possible, raise them up to max level. Such a great feature in my opinion, and I can't wait to see just how far back the references will go with all the different spirits. Hoping they still have little descriptions like their trophy counterparts had as well, just for the added flavor (I did enjoy reading their descriptions at least once as I collected a new one).

I agree with your picks for Galleom, though I'm leaning more towards Lucas personally as he was one of my more used Brawl characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
are you leaving because you're disgruntled about the plant because that's hilarious

and it doesn't matter what your actual reason is, you made me read this post with my own face eyes so i'll make whatever assumption i want anyway

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Smash Ultimate comes out 3 days before my first final.

Won't have much time to play it until about 5 days after launch day.
The seventh is right before my finals week too. My plan is to do all my studying beforehand so I can spend the whole weekend playing it.

D

Deleted member

My first experience with the game will be mashing the A button on my home menu screen at 11:59 PM on Dec. 6th.

Then, once I'm in, a few matches as Mario, Kirby, and Samus. After that, I immediately Google the fastest method to unlocking Inklings. Then, I clear Classic with Inklings, Mario, Kirby, and Samus. Then Adventure Mode.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

I think people tend to overlook the fact Sakurai is actually a fan of Kingdom Hearts. He has even gone out to congratulate the series on it's 15th anniversary before and commentated on the duality of developing a massive crossover like KH and Smash Bros. As well as his enjoyment of the game's story telling.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

It’s clear, but also weird. He must like Luxord. Luxord wasn’t that big of a role. He isn’t the part of KH2 everyone will remember, you know?

It could have to do with Luxord being a gambler, being a master of chance. Sora’s chance is now? He’s betting on Sora? Lol.

Other than that, it’s just weird.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My inner Squid Kid wants to solo run WoL with Inkling, but i'm gonna give the spotlight to as many character's as I can.
She'll still be the "main character" of my story, though.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
cause apparently they're just vaguely shaped enough like the nobody emblem that people are still holdin on to their straws
I mean you could say the same about everyone who falls into Leak hype trains. People just tend to latch on to anything if it means their character pick gets added.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I thought everyone loved Elitists, especially in this community :p
That depends, it's the smug high-horses who want the game to be catered to them and only, specifically them, and throw temper tantrums online when things don't go their way. I saw a particularly scathing Shadow supporter compile an entire essay yesterday via Twitlonger, just to give you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom