• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What? Are you now going to do a 30 minute commentary "Sakurai Hates Yoshi?" Yoshi is just some cartoon dinosaur, nobody finds your (sick) obssession of him funny.
Alright, I gotta stand up for Zinith Zinith here.

Every character we're rallying behind is just some cartoon ______. Back off.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Like, flat out, I was one of the biggest "Ehhhhhhhhhhh" when it came to Verg, but after all this?

Smash 4 Vets+Ices+Snake
Ridley
Simon
Isabelle(Unsure of echo status, like pretty much all of us at the time)
Ken
Incineroar
Isaac Assist Trophy the literal NIGHT BEFORE
Never budged against Grinch Leak once and maintained a non-conflicted source
"2nd SE rep" backed up by the likes of Spawn Wave

The only thing left here is the Minecraft Content, and if it's DLC, we'll probably be waiting until E3 to see it anyway.

At this point, **** off, this isn't 'guessing'.
Nah, but Verge is just a lucky guesser on the level of being a prophet.

He only accidentally predicted everyone he called out.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Also, I know this has been confirmed before but I'm honestly disappointed that Tree House showed you can hit Isabelle. How dare they.
Well it's not like she wasn't able to be abused before since she also was in Mario Kart besides I don't see it as any different from hurting other cutesy characters which this game is loaded with.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think for a lot of people, Ultimate will go down in history as the most disappointing video game of all time.
Hello sir. Do you have a moment to spare for Mass Effect Andromeda?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well it's not like she wasn't able to be abused before since she also was in Mario Kart besides I don't see it as any different from hurting other cutesy characters which this game is loaded with.
It's a joke.

Anyway, I'm not envying the people who wants to do "Reverse Hyrule Challenge" or other things with the full roster. These are going to take a while now.

D

Deleted member

Not even trying to throw shade anymore, just a reassuring friendly reminder:

View attachment 174991
View attachment 174992
View attachment 174993

People don't care. This might seem the end of the world on this board, the most infuriating thing on the planet. Sakurai really did went too far and all that. But in the end.... that's just here. People want this game, people like this game, they don't care and with good reason. The bigger picture is way more important on this.
Damn, 66 million likes on a video? Nintendo better make more Switches to meet demand. :4pacman:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, I know this has been confirmed before but I'm honestly disappointed that Tree House showed you can hit Isabelle. How dare they.
Reminder that the first public footage of Isabelle being hit was her getting WHACKED in the back of the HEAD with a GIANT HAMMER.

Welcome to Smash Isabelle, we hope you enjoy your stay.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
It does in one small facet:

Palutena tried to save her believers. Pit and Dark Pit tried to save their goddess. But there is absolutely no previous history between a Sega hedgehog and a pokemon to justify Sonic trying to save Pikachu. He was just doing it because that's who he ****ing is.
There is a previous history. Sonic's entire purpose in his games is saving animals in peril, what's another unknown animal to save when he does it everywhere else anyway? Why is this any deeper than going to bat for the wisps and whatnot?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Like, flat out, I was one of the biggest "Ehhhhhhhhhhh" when it came to Verg, but after all this?

Smash 4 Vets+Ices+Snake
Ridley
Simon
Ken
Incineroar

The only thing left here is the Minecraft Content, and if it's DLC, we'll probably be waiting until E3 to see it anyway.

I don't like what he says so I'm not going to believe him.

"Incineroar and Ken is all we have left!"
"lalalalalalalala lala I'M NOT LISTENING"
"I'm not kidding. Listen! The Grinch leak is fake!"
"lalalala hehe, still not listeniiiiiing~”

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, Tsubasa is in the game as a Spirit btw. Finally, some ATLUS content for us to enjoy! (No, really, Tsubasa had, like the only good character arc in Mirage Sessions, she's cool for me)
Honestly, I can't remember much of the game.
I do remember this though:

Tsubasa, please. Why do you keep making this face?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

"lalalalalalalala lala I'M NOT LISTENING - la"
"lalalala Hehe, still not listening."
It's like ****ing reverse Navi going on here.

"HEY! HEY, DON'T LISTEN!"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The worst news from today is that Daisy has Peach's stupid Final Smash and she heals herself eating daisies, WTF.

It was great seeing Isabelle, Daisy, Simon and Ken footage though.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Smash 4 Vets+Ices+Snake
Ridley
Simon
Ken
Incineroar

What's worse is that people are already trying to rationalize that maybe the "Minecraft content" is just a stage or something and not the actual fighter, and maybe BANJO is the actual fighter guys! He's in for real this time!

As if they didn't just watch the direct where everyone's dreams were crushed, people are still hoping for more than seems likely and willfully ignoring evidence. I would have thought that Sakurai would add characters like Geno and Banjo too, it seemed like he was finally catering to the fans, but after this direct, I know that we're getting Steve as one of the five DLC characters, and heck, we're probably getting Sora or a DQ rep instead of Geno. It sucks but Vergeben has proven his reliability beyond a doubt.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Damn, 66 million likes on a video? Nintendo better make more Switches to meet demand. :4pacman:
Hey, I learned that in French class last month, it's mille. :p

Funny enough, I made the same mistake last night, calling a thousand as a B.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I can't remember much of the game.
I do remember this though:

Tsubasa, please. Why do you keep making this face?
Ugh, yeah, that part. Why do you make gorgeous hand-drawn menu pics and not make dialogue portraits in the same style and use... these? Facial animations weren't the strongest part of that game (not that it had many strong points).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we just take a moment and realize that Nintendo once again BTFO'd Capcom with making Ken look better than how he looks in Street Fighter V and IV?

****ING YIKES BEYOND (solo).png

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Alright, I watched the direct again and spirits actually sounds like something I'll sink tons of hours into. It's basically just event matches with equips as rewards. Wish people would actually use spirits in battle so it could be more like a Dissidia (my favorite fighting game of all time) but there is next to no chance of that. At least WoL will utilize them. I hope it has actual stages though...

And I really hope Smashdown and Squad Strike are available for online. I think those modes sound awesome. The online play pretty much has every option we need now, and it looks solid.

And finally, I just got Inkling, Ridley, Simon, Dark Samus and K. Rool. I really can't complain much here. This is like a dream come true in many ways. This game is going to be amazing.

But still, please bring back break the targets :( And coin launcher ;D

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Not even trying to throw shade anymore, just a reassuring friendly reminder:

View attachment 174991
View attachment 174992
View attachment 174993

People don't care. This might seem the end of the world on this board, the most infuriating thing on the planet. Sakurai really did went too far and all that. But in the end.... that's just here. People want this game, people like this game, they don't care and with good reason. The bigger picture is way more important on this.
Truth, usually the boards is were a lot of people express their negative feedback(I can only imagine how upset Game FAQ's would be in comparison to here) but otherwise most people are pretty satisfied with what was shown.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You can

There is a previous history. Sonic's entire purpose in his games is saving animals in peril, what's another unknown animal to save when he does it everywhere else anyway? Why is this any deeper than going to bat for the wisps and whatnot?
A fair point, but I meant previous history between these two. Sonic can run faster than that. But in the moment, he saw someone in need right behind him and tried to wait for him instead of kicking it into another gear for a better chance at getting away. He wasn't worshiping Pikachu, and we're not even sure if he knows Pikachu.

It's a heartwarming personality trait that makes him, unfortunately, better than a lot of us.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I think for a lot of people, Ultimate will go down in history as the most disappointing video game of all time.
So you’re going to erase Sticker Star, Sonic 06, No Man’s Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mighty No. 9, Destiny, Banjo And Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Superman 64, and Star Wars Battlefront II from the timeline then?

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
That is the silliest thing I've ever read on Smashboards.

Oh yes, this Direct that topped the trending page on Youtube, rounded out a cast of 75 characters, promised to keep the hype train going, and gave us adventure mode, the MOST REQUESTED THING BY THE COMMUNITY BY FAR. THAT is going to disappoint people so much?

Nintendo isn't going to give a damn about some whiny vocal minority when they have an adventure mode printing them money you ridiculous plebeian

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice

"lalalalalalalala lala I'M NOT LISTENING"
"lalalala hehe, still not listening."
Can we like...stop talking about Verge being right all along now? Everyone knows what he’s saying is true. Why? Because we watched the direct.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Still they didn't tease or talk about them until it was close to their release date. You're not gonna talk about a character releasing in April in December. It's just not good marketing. Especially if character you're revealing is perhaps better than Piranha Plant.
Yeah, but they also need something to sell the Fighter pass very soon they can't just wait and hope that people blindly buy it.

And what a better way to do so than revealing the first Character in it the night of the game release?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So did Sakurai say that dlc was decided in 2015? I'm really hoping Spawnwave is right and we get Sora at the Game Awards.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
The only DLC character I can fully support is Lloyd man, this is his best chance to get in now more than ever. I’m really hoping the community gives him the attention because so many things point to him being a fighter and I just want to see my boy shine. #Lloyd4SmashDLC !!!

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
You know, I find it utterly cathartic that everyone was brought back (and then some) just to die an excruciating death. Like, damn Sakurai.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can we like...stop talking about Verge being right all along now? Everyone knows what he’s saying is true. Why? Because we watched the direct.
I will when people start taking him a little more seriously. The problem is people are still trying to make revisionist history and say Verge only got lucky.

Plus, I saw the opportunity to make a meme and I just had to.
It started when box theory came out, man...
Nah the Box Arc only led up to the DLC Speculation Arc.

If you put it into perspective, the Box, Incineroar, and Ken saved us from the false prophet Grinch, and with surprise newcomer Piranha Plant’s help we were able to finally put him under. What an end to the Grinch arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom