• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How would a possessed clone-Piranha Plant look?

The other fighter clones have their eyes glowing red, but Piranha Plant doesn't have eyes!
Simple answer is that Piranha Plant is immune to possession, as it is the most powerful character in the roster.

D

Deleted member

I **** on Sonic games a lot-- because, well, they're often bad and sometimes very bad-- but I actually quite love the character himself.

Always preferred him to Mario. There's more character there, even if he's stuck in a 90s kid attitude for life and more than a bit altruistic. He's more often than not an actual selfless hero.

Very nice touch in that cinematic.
Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom seem to be the only very bad games to me.
I fully believe all 5 characters will be third parties.
A lot of people believe that.
The ones that are in the air right now are Sora and Steve.
They would be nice. Crash Bandicoot would be nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I love how the Spirit of Owain constantly taunts. It's honestly hilarious.
9/10. Not a perfect score as I would've preferred something a little more faithful to the source material like Eggdozer...
I mean Yoshi Stampede is an official thing, it's just not a YI thing.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I can only still want Dixie Kong and Impa. What are their chances according to you all?
I think Impa has no chance tbh. As much as it pains me to say it. Unless we get more than 6 DLC characters (which is doubtful to me).

Dixie maybe. But I think the last 5 DLC characters will mainly be 3rd party anyway (maybe 1 or 2 1st party), so her competition is even tighter

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
So. I personally believe Geno is one of the likeliest characters to be added as DLC. That's just my opinion though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
One of my favorite parts of the cinematic was Shulk's vision.

Shulk ain't a favorite of mine, but he's a cool guy and I enjoy his character.
So when his trademark ability was used to blow us away like that? And we saw his shocked face? Was awesome.

Chrono.

It was a podcast that said it I think, that Splatoon 2 DLC was done after December.

Again, grain of salt from someone who doesn't keep up with news on games he does not play...
Splatoon 2 originally was only suppose to have free content up to June 2018, but they extended it to Dec 2018.
Oooh, I don't play Splatoon, so this is news to me.

But yeah I guess it does make sense, eventually they HAVE to make something entirely new rather than build upon what's there.

This is more or less the reason I feel Mario Odyssey never got premium DLC, but that's for another day.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just want to say I feel silly for insisting Isabelle wasn't really a "semi-clone" at her reveal. I shouldn't have made that call so fast - I was just assuming her aerials would be different as well. I think there was a little bias in there because, even if she's my least hyped newcomer, I was fed up with all the unwarrented negativity surrounding her.

I still stand hard by the believe that Wolf isn't a semi-clone at all though, and you aren't going to convince me otherwise.

Speaking of which, I think I forgot how excited was that Wolf was back. I never actually got to play as him in Brawl, so this will be the first time for me! Now that he has actual gameplay footage for Ultimate, I will say that he looks really fun, moving quick enough to aggressively chase enemies down but being powerful enough that he doesn't have to rely on combos to wrack up damage. There is a very good chance I'll be picking him up as one of my gazillion pocket characters.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if someone noticed but there's not a Final Fantasy AT, not even a spirit by now. Woha, and looking at the only two songs... Looks like bussiness with Square are not easy. If we get a new Square fighter for DLC will it come with just 2 tracks for the same price as the others? Are just songs but... Oh boy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In my honest opinion, I feel the only first party characters that have a realistic shot are advertisement ones like a FE Three Houses character or something like that.

I fully believe all 5 characters will be third parties.
I'm down with this idea. If they are third parties, I think it could be:
Dante
Lloyd
Sora
Ryu Hayabusa
Erdrick

Enchess

Smash Lord
if we are expecting all 3rd party what are the chances smt gets a character.
Why are we expecting all 3rd party...? I feel like Piranha Plant should at least make people think twice about what to expect from DLC. Besides, Ultimate seems less enamored with 3rd Parties than 4. Time will tell, but why rule out the many awesome 1st parties so soon?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can only still want Dixie Kong and Impa. What are their chances according to you all?
In Ultimate?
Zero.

Unless Sakurai surprises us at the end of the DLC with a ****ton of random echoes.

For 6? Possible. Very possible.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, who's everyone's most anticipated newcomer?

For me, it's Incineroar...
Having chosen Litten in Sun Moon, he has a soft spot for me...

Honorable mentions to Inkling, Richter, and Isabelle

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I love this artwork. I feel like I must be the only one looking forward to World of Light/Spirits, because even though it's not exactly what I modestly hoped for, it's still interesting enough that I can't wait to dig hours into it, exploring the maps, and fighting bosses.

And I'm going to start with Kirby.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman

SORA BEING OWNED BY DISNEY IS NOT A DETRIMENT TO HIS CHANCES. DISNEY HAS SAID THAT IF DEMAND EXISTS THEY WILL LET HIM BE IN THE GAME.

Also if you're going to make claims about interviews I expect more than "that Disney Japan interview." I'd also like a source please.
People really need to drop the "Disney argument", its getting old

LetterO

Smash Lord
I really don't know what the deal is with Rhythm Heaven. They had a scrapped fighter in Smash 4, and a Smash Run enemy, and trophies, and two songs. Here, I don't see much so far. All we've seen of Rhythm Heaven in Ultimate so far is Spirits of Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, and the Reporter & Wrestler. I find it really strange that the series doesn't at least have an assist trophy or remixed song shown off at this point. I really hope songs from the series at least get in base game, and more than two this time. I really don't think Sakurai is done with tackling the series, but I also don't know how likely a character will be for DLC unless a new game is announced for the Switch soon. Perhaps it'll be a Mewtwo situation where they're scrapped for one game, and don't make it until the next game's DLC?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Splatoon 2 originally was only suppose to have free content up to June 2018, but they extended it to Dec 2018.
Well if people are willing to pay for content, Splatoon ro Smash, why not break your word and go beyond the final dates for DLC? Can Namco Bandai really not be trusted to support this game without Sakurai, if Sakurai leaves to finally work on f&&^in' Kid Icarus Uprising 2 start work on a new project?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Incineroar, Ken, Richter and Inkling.

Rest are cool but not my thing.

But I'll probably go back to using old mains after lol.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THIS
Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 6.50.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 6.50.54 PM.png

YOU SEE THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE? THAT'S TSUBASA FROM TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS #FE, ALSO KNOWN AS SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM.

THIS IS A CRUCIAL FIRST STEP TO AN SMT OR PERSONA CHARACTER. WE'VE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED.

Idon Idon BUDDY WE'RE IN BUSINESS!!!

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
People really need to drop the "Disney argument", its getting old
Along with the argument of "If Sora gets in, then people are going to ask for Mickey Mouse."

No. No one's asking or will ask for Mickey Mouse. Or any other Disney character. People are asking for Sora because he's from a video game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder what the Master Hands are all about, though. They're either fakes by the way they transform or the final boss is just a really woke Master Core.
Speaking of Master Core will he even return?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I was a little harsh with my first comment on the Spirit adventure mode. After watching the footage over again a few times, I'll give it a chance. It could actually be neat and turn out way better then I'm currently thinking it'll be but it just sends a few bad signals to me. The Stickers Spirits being one, I'm getting Brawl vibes and I don't mean in a good way.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
For the World of Light theme, I heard it's Azura (Fire Emblem) voice actor who sang the theme, not 100% sure though. But did you know that the JP singer for the World of Light theme also sang the first season of the Kirby anime? I'm shocked because Kirby was the only one that survived that cutscene. I mean, it's not confirmed but japan smash fans found this out and compared the two voices together, it sounds very similar.
Overall I enjoyed the direct, the reveal of Ken and Incineroar was both cool, yet kind of expected before the Grinch Leak ever existed. The modes were all shown and very detailed as well. Though, there were some things that didn't need explanation like languages and brightness level, the direct overall was pretty okay. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

D

Deleted member

At launch? Probably Incineroar. I love how he poses after almost every attack.

Otherwise... :ultpiranha:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

King K Rool. I loved DKC and DK 64 as a kid. Still do, but I used to too.

Although, a part of me wants to say Piranha Plant. He's a close second

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Honorable mentions to Inkling, Richter, and Isabelle
Piranha Plant.

It was Inkling before, but now? No.

Piranha Plant.

If we're talkin' base though, then yeah, Inkling.

As for Echoes, Chrom is the one I'm looking forward to trying the most.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shulk knows it's endgame now
Told ya'll Shulk was the Doctor Strange of Smash Bros.

Shulk: "I saw 14,000,005 futures."
Marth: "In how many do we win?"
Shulk: "One."
Keep this up, I really like these.
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THIS

YOU SEE THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE? THAT'S TSUBASA FROM TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS #FE, ALSO KNOWN AS SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM.

THIS IS A CRUCIAL FIRST STEP TO AN SMT OR PERSONA CHARACTER. WE'VE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED.

Idon Idon BUDDY WE'RE IN BUSINESS!!!
Hot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was a little harsh with my first comment on the Spirit adventure mode. After watching the footage over again a few times, I'll give it a chance. It could actually be neat and turn out way better then I'm currently thinking it'll be but it just sends a few bad signals to me. The Stickers Spirits being one, I'm getting Brawl vibes and I don't mean in a good way.
What did you even say the first time?

Please be respectful towards other users.
A character I dont like in smash?

FreeFox FreeFox So I'm not allowed to hate any characters included in Smash or show any frustration, huh? Well, aren't you a little asshole?

So I'm a loser because I don't want to buy Ultimate and have a different opinion than you? Grow the **** up, you worthless piece of ****.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I’m sure someone somewhere did say that
And whoever they are, they’re a sexist piece of ****.

You dread to see what a woman with like a C cup would look like in a sports bra? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Imagine being so far gone that you have to add a :p to the end of all your posts in a desperate attempt to sound like less of a sociopath.
You know she’s not a real life person right?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Don't get your hopes up if you want my opinion

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to be proven wrong but I think the most obvious choice for one of the 5 slots is Edelgard from Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Just like last game, we've had at least one new Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem fighter. I would expect the same thing to happen here.

The DLC timeline is 2019-2020, guess which game comes out between that time? Fire Emblem: Three Houses. And factor in Corrin who was added into Smash 4 solely to promote Fire Emblem: Fates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom