• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Wyverns, under many definitions, are a type of dragon. Of course dragons being fictional creatures are generally poorly defined so there's still some room for debate, but I think it's generally fair to count wyverns among them.
i guess so. monster hunter in particular does draw the line, though, the only things referred to as dragons are either miscellaneous superbosses or have at least six limbs - typically four legs and two wings - while "wyvern" is very broad, encompassing everything with fewer than six limbs from two legs and two wings (flying/bird wyvern) to two legs and no wings (brute wyvern). just me being anal though, the line definitely moves depending on what franchise/media you're talking about. "dragon" referring to rathalos just triggered me.
again, sorry. off-topic as hell. i do want to play as a monster hunter in smash though. give me a full-fledged ancestral steppe stage and zinogre's theme.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
two insiders who havent been wrong yet have either implied it or downright said it might be them so yea
I mean. To play devil's advocate.
Imran, directly said "Maybe Sakurai just don't want Geno anymore?" and he hasn't been wrong yet at all about Ultimate.
Spawn-Wave hinted at Sora at the VGA pretty hard.
Vergeben commented that maybe Square-Enix didn't cared about Geno at all for him to be leaked, and just have a name of SE characters

Anyway, we live in a world where Sora is neck to neck to Geno, and I'm going to fully go full support for him, since the only bad argument people have against him is "Disney" smfh :4pacman:

Chrono.

two insiders who havent been wrong yet have either implied it or downright said it might be them so yea
Which ones?

As far as I know, Verge hasn't hinted at anyone beyond them being a character from SE, that's it. SpawnWave did a pretty blatant nod to Sora recently.

Could be Geno, could be Sora, Noctis, 2B, Neku, etc etc.

It's almost anyone's game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
All deserve their spots IMO. except for Pichu and Lucario... I can't see Inceneroar and greninja sticking around for the next game tho.
Lucario doesn't deserve it's spot?

It was the most popular Gen IV Pokémon.

Regarding Pichu, I'm fairly sure Pichu was Jun'ichi Masuda's favourite Pokémon for a long time (granted, I might be thinking of someone else).

toonito

Smash Ace
Ken was the only common link between all 3 theories (Vergeben, Box, Grinch) but i'm still happy my most wanted got in

I still think both him and Ryu should've gotten their SFV alts in addition to their classic costumes

IMO Incineroar gets way more hate than needed and he looks fun

For Smash 6 my safest guesses are Spring Man & a current gen Pokemon

however there were many casualties along the way yikes

i'm also curious as to what is DLC since some popular choices are allegedly deconfirmed

Grinch leak was easily greatest fake leak ever

can't spend much time getting mad at a game i'm getting day 1 lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay I removed the Grinch-face negative devil Goemon from my avatar.

Now I have Falcon after becoming a Thanos victim.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, are there going to be any problems with online in terms of getting banned, ya all think?

Lunacial

Smash Cadet
Gonna say my DLC predictions and then my DLC personal wants here too, not necessarily in any order
Predictions:
1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Geno
3. Rayman
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Shantae

Personal Wants:
1. A DQ rep
2. Jibanyan
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Chrous Kids

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh no, I forgot about him. I just assumed he would be safe since he made it back last time.

It always sucks when they completely axe a series. One of the best parts of the ATs is that it can give some attention to smaller series that otherwise would get no spotlight. It also looks like the Infantry & Tanks from AW might be gone. :(
The fact that we got a sentient potted plant in before Isaac, a psychic sword wielder (not like Shulk) might actually rub some salt in the wound for some of them. Well, at least he still has support...

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Lucario doesn't deserve it's spot?

It was the most popular Gen IV Pokémon.

Regarding Pichu, I'm fairly sure Pichu was Jun'ichi Masuda's favourite Pokémon for a long time (granted, I might be thinking of someone else).
He's irrelevant nowadays. Same with Pichu.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Don't blame Sakurai for this it not his fault that your favorite Chracther didnt get in

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I want to point out that a music leak, Guile's theme, was actually a real thing.

Months ago on a Nintendo Power podcast one of the Treehouse people said the Street Fighter remixes were their favorite, especially Guile's Theme.

I sat there and thought, "Wait, did we know this before?" Lo and behold, Guile's Theme has a remix.

Bestgame10outta10

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I dont wanna gloat but haha for all those people saying Shadow and Issac was confromied and thought the Grinch leak was real man this truly is the best timeline

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can't believe box theory was true.
It really is the worst case scenario. Best case was Grinch banner + Incineroar revealed later. Less so, just the Grinch banner. Even less so, only some Grinch banner characters and/or some we haven't heard about. Yet, it was every character we knew since September. Which is why I say the disappointment is not the Grinch banner, as I set my expectations to take into account it was fake, but the fact we knew every base character for months. The insiders, if they didn't want us to be disappointed, should have said "set your expectations even lower than that."

At this point, it's just better to not have any expectations :p

Chrollo.

fka president wario
"A Piranha Plant? Out of everyone on the most wanted characters list, you pick HIM?! He wasn't even on the list! SANS was on the list!"
8F57ADB6-D85E-4CA7-BCED-109840D8BD40.jpeg

Potato_

Smash Lord
I honestly find it funny how we're taking the Box Theory being right of all things better than Piranha Plant.

I don't....think we're ever allowed to try to tap into Sakurai's thought process ever again. That thing is an eldritch abyss of unworldly thoughts and ideas.
I wish I was a fly on the room when Sakurai proposed THAT.

"Alright so we need a character to promote early purchases. Mr. Sakurai, do you have any ideas? We were thinking someone big but first party, perhaps a Rex or-"

"Piranha Plant."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Piranha Plant. And he moves around in his little pot and he shoots the spike balls like in the games."

"Mr.Sakurai I don't think people would be excited over a -"

"Alright I'm off to develop."

Sakurai leaves room

"... well alright then."

D

Deleted member

I want to point out that a music leak, Guile's theme, was actually a real thing.

Months ago on a Nintendo Power podcast one of the Treehouse people said the Street Fighter remixes were their favorite, especially Guile's Theme.

I sat there and thought, "Wait, did we know this before?" Lo and behold, Guile's Theme has a remix.

Bestgame10outta10
I want to hear that remix.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to sound like a broken clock, but the fact that Vergeben has, and continues to say "Minecraft Content" to me says that his sources have just seen a stage.
It's a longshot, but again, if they are only basing it off a stage thumbnail, getting it confused with Dragon Quest Builders isn't all that unlikely.
View attachment 174739
I've seen people say they wouldn't put spinoff content in, but Nintendo is involved in publishing it and it is the game coming out closest to Smash's launch, a dual announcement of DQB2 to the west and some DQ character at the VGAs makes sense to me (yes I'm backpeddaling on my earlier point and there's nothing you can do about it!).
god please that would be so ****ing funny if it was true and honestly dragon quest is the only decent idea left now geno's probably dead.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Gen 4's in line for its remake if they ever get around to it on the Switch, so it may not be that irrelevant soon enough.
You really think if they weren't gonna bring in every character, Lucario would still make it? Pichu definitely would have not for SURE

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Piranha Plant is gonna puzzle me for years to come. I could rationalize every inclusion before but this one is just... why?
Ok, maybe Sakurai wanted a mook playable, sure, but why this one in particular? What **** is this man on because I sure want some of it.
maybe he knew no one would believe a leak with one

Also, the fact we can't choose both Battlefield and Omega forms for online is pretty ****ty. For Glory should just have been a quickmatch option.

Or maybe I'm not referring to you in particular?
I am surprised people have forgotten one of Sakurai´s biggest patterns. He likes adding surprise characters. He added Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, etc as surprises. He doesnt like to be completely predictable. Sometimes, it is nice to shake things up and add something on the left field. He probably went for Piranha Plant since no one expected a mook to make it into the game.

I mean all insiders and Verge were saying Incineroar was in and the banner was wrong.

There didn't seem to be any leakbait aside of the Square character.
Actually, Mystic was in favor of Isaac and Shadow (and even Choir Boys) as being in so it is likely they were all leakbaits basedon his answers. Not every insider agreed with the information each had so yes, some people were baited with characters like those.

I will point out that not everyone has to be leakbait. It is likely that the SE character is DLC. The thing that deconfirms Isaac and Shadow are their assists. If an insider though they were in and they arent, it means they were leakbait.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Anyway, we live in a world where Sora is neck to neck to Geno, and I'm going to fully go full support for him, since the only bad argument people have against him is "Disney" smfh :4pacman:
the only argument against the grinch leak was blurry :4pacman: (im just ****ting ya, either have just as good of a chance lol)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, I wonder if the stage builder is indeed gone. No mention of it at all, but it could still be there, somehow. I really want to try it out once more.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Confirmed?

-Sora/Geno/(Other SQ rep)
-Steve

My predictions:

-Crash
-Banjo
-Rayman

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We're really talking about irrelevancy when the character in my icon is in the game? Y'all serious?

Also Lucario is plastered all over Pokken. So no, not irrelevant, lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He's irrelevant nowadays. Same with Pichu.
Lucario?

Irrelevant?

I'm pretty sure it's still like one of the top 10 most popular Pokémon or something.

Not to mention that it recently appeared in Pokémon: I Choose You!

EDIT: Also, Pokken. Thanks, Raxxel Raxxel .

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Isnt Steve from Minecraft black? That would be something cool about him if hes dlc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom