• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, part of the Grinch leak is that one of the newcomers is apparently still missing from the banner, which many assumed was Incineroar

Also, 12 minutes for 5 unique newcomers, the likes of which include Banjo, Geno, and Isaac, doesn't exactly sound right, considering the fact that Sakurai likes to take a moment to talk about the characters and give them a chance to have their moves showed off + Cinematic trailers accompanying unique new comers.

To pull off what you're suggesting, they'd basically have to do a direct entirely different from their usual format leading up to this

8 character, 6 uniques and 2 echos + Spirit mode in 40 minutes just doesn't sound right
Incineroar isn't in the grinch leaks. That's just insiders talking. Also, 12 minutes accounts for just the reveals. I think the fact that there's a Treehouse makes sense because 5 newcomers would be too many to explain in the direct, so they'd do it in the Treehouse.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You're far too early dude. We've still got 43 pages to go.
Yup, he did this, but it seems more like he was trying to lower the suddent burst of Hype in the ResetERA thread than thinking this tbvh. Like, he said to not be surprised to not see the Square-Enix rep tomorrow, only to then tell us to don't expect a big 3rd Party reveal-

It's kinda confusing and contradictory, so I feel like, it's more of a "I know the existance of said characters, but idfk if it will be revealed tommorow, don't get too excited if you don't see it."
If we don't see the SE character tomorrow then when do we see them? The second November Direct (assuming it exists)? VGAs?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
yknow what? i cant believe the insiders that dont think geno is getting in. sakurai wouldn't just talk about how much he loves him everytime he's brought up if he wasn't going to be in. ESPECIALLY not with his comment about the geno mii costume being a way to make up for him not being in the game just yet

geno hype train choo chooooo

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
I'm all in for Slime, tbh. The icon for the most famous videogame in Japan, and Mathew Taranto already made a really convincing moveset video for it a while ago.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Geno being obscure isn't going to sway Sakurai's opinion of him, at least. So his chances are pretty good. But not guaranteed. I doubt he'd be an AT, too.
To play devil's advocate, he did change his mind towards Takamaru for those reasons and did pay for Bomberman, Rathalos, and Shovel Knight to have them as ATs and Ray-Man & Bit Trip Runner as trophies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My predictions are:
- Incineroar (leaks by basically every insider)
- Ken (leaked by Vergeben and a screenshot)
- Another echo newcomer (most likely Shadow. If not Shadow then either Impa or Octoling)
- Another newcomer (could be anyone, I think Geno might be the most likely). Other strong candidates are Dante (that 4chan leak is peculiar), Chorus Kids (planned for Smash 4), Elma (the timeline fits), Bandanna Dee (the most wanted newcomer on the Japanese side of things).

I also think Dixie Kong is getting de-confirmed. She is probably part of Diddy Kong's Final Smash now. It is very odd that they have not shown off Diddy Kong's update on the website yet as well as being among the few characters not shown their Final Smash.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Hey everyone, I'm feeling so hype. Just a couple more hours to go and all (or most) of our question will be answered. Leaks or no leaks, show pride and support for your most wanted characters to the end (politely of course) for tomorrow will be the greatest AT War ever to hit all Smash Fans.

Be happy for those who's characters are unscathed from the Melee, and welcomed into the Halls of Smash for fortune smiles fondly on the patient and the lucky, and be respectful, and supportive for those who's characters have fallen in the Brawl, and are AT'ed or lost to the void, for have we ourselves not felt the same pain as others in previous Smash games?

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

Honorable Mention: Blaze the Cat, Rex & Pyra, Saber, and Reimu.

[ QUOTE="Alastor017, post: 22634975, member: 405572"]Top 10 Smashboards Profile Pics:
#1: @P.Kat
#2: @Noipoi
#3: @Mehdow
#4: @MasterOfKnees
#5: @Idon
#6: @Opossum
#7: @osby
#8: @Venus of the Desert Bloom
#9: @CosmicQuark
#10: @NonSpecificGuy
Honorable Mentions: @Cristaran @KDMP @Zinith
:)

10. Bill Rizer
9. Tails
8. Incineroar
7. Sora
6. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Isaac
4. Banjo
3. Rayman
2. Geno
1. Crash

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly, part of the Grinch leak is that one of the newcomers is apparently still missing from the banner, which many assumed was Incineroar

Also, 12 minutes for 5 unique newcomers, the likes of which include Banjo, Geno, and Isaac, doesn't exactly sound right, considering the fact that Sakurai likes to take a moment to talk about the characters and give them a chance to have their moves showed off + Cinematic trailers accompanying unique new comers.

To pull off what you're suggesting, they'd basically have to do a direct entirely different from their usual format leading up to this

8 character, 6 uniques and 2 echos + Spirit mode in 40 minutes just doesn't sound right
mind you, the character reveals don't need to be kept a specific section. they could easily pepper trailers throughout the direct assuming they follow a general formula of cinematic trailer + short gameplay montage. Maybe have certain segments talking about non-character things be tied to another reveal trailer, for example. And, of course, characters can also share the same cinematic reveal trailer. My gut tells me Isaac and Geno could potentially share a trailer together.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Incineroar isn't in the grinch leaks. That's just insiders talking. Also, 12 minutes accounts for just the reveals. I think the fact that there's a Treehouse makes sense because 5 newcomers would be too many to explain in the direct, so they'd do it in the Treehouse.
I distinctly remember it being a point in the Grinch leak that the banner was in fact incomplete and one of the characters were still missing

The insiders never speculated that character being Incineroar they just straight up called it fake because eh wasn't there

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If we don't see the SE character tomorrow then when do we see them? The second November Direct (assuming it exists)? VGAs?
Honestly, if we see no Square-Enix rep tommorow, whenever it's Geno or DQ or Sora (lmao at Sora base game, even I don't believe this)

You will see me ride that ****ing hype train to the VGA and hope that Spawn-Wave literall spotless record stay like so.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Half the insiders say Isaac is playable and half say he’s an assist trophy. I’ll wait until tomorrow.

Also is Vergeben saying Isaac is an AT from his own sources or is he parroting Emily Rogers?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To play devil's advocate, he did change his mind towards Takamaru for those reasons and did pay for Bomberman, Rathalos, and Shovel Knight to have them as ATs and Ray-Man & Bit Trip Runner as trophies.
He never changed his mind about Takamaru. He only considered him. No more, no less. Him being obscure was a detriment. He actually has gone on record saying he wants Geno playable and he was a costume mainly for that reason. And wanted Geno specifically playable since Brawl.

Takamaru nor the rest are in similar positions whatsoever.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Remember: they skipped the upload for the music yesterday. That means a newcomer is coming, and it has to be a song that would inherently spoil the upcoming character.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Half the insiders say Isaac is playable and half say he’s an assist trophy. I’ll wait until tomorrow.

Also is Vergeben saying Isaac is an AT from his own sources or is he parroting Emily Rogers?
i dont even know anymore. half the insider knowledge seems to be flip flopping then parotting

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Emily never said Isaac was an AT, just that Characters here were ATS.
Vergeben was the first one to drop the mic (literally with his gif) and the bomb by naming a character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As we get closer, I'm still one of the rare ones just hoping for Phosphora, Medusa, and Monster Hunter. Even the wait is getting to be hard for me, but perhaps the reward will pay off. Heck, I wouldn't mind Incineroar either, but if he does make it, there better be a shiny white/red alternate costumes for him.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
He never changed his mind about Takamaru. He only considered him. No more, no less. Him being obscure was a detriment. He actually has gone on record saying he wants Geno playable and he was a costume mainly for that reason. And wanted Geno specifically playable since Brawl.

Takamaru nor the rest are in similar positions whatsoever.
isnt geno the only character we know that sakurai has a genuine desire to have in the game? i cant think of any character he feels this way for

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Emily never said Isaac was an AT, just that Characters here were ATS.
Vergeben was the first one to drop the mic (literally with his gif) and the bomb by naming a character.
i just hope he is wrong, im tried of golden sun getting shafted

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I’m still betting/hoping on Grinch Theory. Partly because it hasn’t been disproven yet and there’s so much going for it, partly because I really want Banjo for me and all the other characters for their fans, and to see their unique play styles (particularly Chorus Kids and Mach Rider)

I’m prepared to be wrong, but that’s my best guess til tomorrow
Yeah same. It still hasn't been debunked and there's a lot of evidence behind it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yknow what? i cant believe the insiders that dont think geno is getting in. sakurai wouldn't just talk about how much he loves him everytime he's brought up if he wasn't going to be in. ESPECIALLY not with his comment about the geno mii costume being a way to make up for him not being in the game just yet

geno hype train choo chooooo
Hold up did he actually say "just yet" 'cause that...is important to me LOL

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
isnt geno the only character we know that sakurai has a genuine desire to have in the game? i cant think of any character he feels this way for
Cloud since he was willing to go to Square-Enix a second time to renew the deal when he already talked about the first deal being "Miraculous".

Oh. And I'm serious.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember: they skipped the upload for the music yesterday. That means a newcomer is coming, and it has to be a song that would inherently spoil the upcoming character.
It’s a Xenoblade X Medley, and one that DOESN’T suck

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if we see no Square-Enix rep tommorow, whenever it's Geno or DQ or Sora (lmao at Sora base game, even I don't believe this)

You will see me ride that ****ing hype train to the VGA and hope that Spawn-Wave literall spotless record stay like so.
I'm of the belief that Square Enix has a more genuine rep like Sora or a DQ character up their sleeve, but will still allow Geno in. I mean, honestly, they don't seem to care much about where Geno is, while Sakurai seems to care. Konami is able to get three reps, I don't see why Square Enix can't shill whoever they want with the sole condition that they include Geno as a package deal, provided Sakurai really wants Geno in.

I just wanna have Sora, Cloud and Geno as a trio, man.

D

Deleted member

And just like that, I can never take you or the people who liked your comment seriously ever again. You get mad at us for not sympathizing with an insider like MysticDistance, but then turn around and insult a popular Youtuber with lots of fans? Absolutely shameful.
When was I ever mad at you for sympathizing with him? And there's a clear difference between being Etika and knowing about the leaks but not spoiling it on people's timelines and Alpharad purposefully leaking out info to people where other content creators wouldn't have. They would just say "guys, there's a leak, please be on the look out and be careful," but Alpha never did that, never took people's wants to be surprised in mind and went ahead with just teasing and joking about it like it was nothing. That in of itself has to be some of the most grimy **** and is warranted to get called out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom