• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Hey, everyone! Anything new?

I'm still banking on Ken, Incineroar and Dante.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's a really weird case imo as if they played a build with Matthew in it as an AT one would think Isaac would be playable
Matthew and Isaac seriously look alike. The idea someone mistook it and leaked that information is not honestly out of the question.

Though I'd think he'd be an alt costume instead.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm making a bold but gold prediction and am saying that Dragon Quest Builders 2 will be announced that it is coming to the west some time during the Treehouse Direct.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Well, I've got my Bingo list ready! It's also on my Twitter page for anyone who's on there.
ultimate november bingo.png

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So I had a weird idea. I got it thinking about Ditto and how a lot of the AT now have fuller move sets.

What if the Assist Trophy could also spawn any of the playable fighters on the roster in addition to the Assist Trophies. For example, if he's not a chosen fighter, Mario could show up and do a few moves, maybe end with his final smash, then poof out of existence.

If this was a thing, literally every fighter would also be an Assist Trophy. IT would been being an AT would not longer be a dis confirmation, and it would make most of the conflicting information provided by insiders suddenly not conflict any more. Specifically how we have those saying some fighters are assist trophies while others say they are playable characters.

Just a thought though.
I'd actually like this idea a lot, and I don't think it would be that hard to implement.
One downside is that it may be confusing for casual players. Some may think Alucard, Knuckles and the other fleshed out Assist are characters they haven't unlocked.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I could see Verg's sources lying. Verg though? Nah. He actually cares too much about his credibility. It's too unbelievable.

He pulled that before and it hurt him a lot. He has no real reason to do it again. If he's wrong, it's likely his sources were lying or were wrong(Isaac being leak-bait as an AT actually would make sense).
I mentioned earlier that I would not be surprised if Nintendo has sent out actual leak bait in the past two or three days because of the direct. The Isaac being an AT stuff came out of nowhere, and I really feel like if Verge knew beforehand he would’ve mentioned it earlier. I’m not so sure THATS the leak bait but I wouldn’t say its impossible. Not to mention Mystic backing down from everything makes me think he knows Nintendo has been sending out leak bait.

I do agree that Verge wouldn’t lie tho. His sources were either lying to him or misled if he’s wrong.

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
False info is one thing, bad sources, guessing, early info, that's all possible of course

But suggesting any of the insiders would deliberately lie about what they know, as in they know something and lie about it, is just stupid. They are self destructing by doing that
I agree. I don't think they're lying, but their sources could be wrong for a variety of factors. It's happened before and we'll really just need to wait until tomorrow to see how accurate they were.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
A reminder that, if you assume Vergeben isn't lying, his sources could have easily mistaken Matthew for Isaac.

He's Isaac's son and the protagonist of Dark Dawn. Seems like prime AT material (or an echo, if you went the way of Richter) if Isaac was playable, but he looks a lot like Isaac to someone who doesn't know Golden Sun very well - like a source, who saw footage of some Isaac-looking dude coming out of of an Assist Trophy.

just something to think about,.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That's a really weird case imo as if they played a build with Matthew in it as an AT one would think Isaac would be playable
Didn’t Vergeben supposedly know about Simon but somehow didn’t know about Richter who was an Echo developed along side him? One would think that’s weird, right?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The more I think about it, I think treehouse live is a bonus to Grinch leak. They didn't have it for the August direct. Why would they have it here unless there was more to go over than they had time for in the direct? And the only thing treehouse has ever shown for smash that wasn't already known was newcomer movesets. It's not evidence of anything but it definitely points to there being more characters.
It's to show off spirits mode

Shog

Smash Ace
Wait, there's gonna be live footage of Yoshi's Crafted World?!!!
Oh this is good news, I am a huge fan of the "new generation" Yoshi games (despite starting with Yoshi Story/Yoshi Island remake for GBA)
I hope YCW turns out as good as Wooly World

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m not completely convinced that Verge’s sources may have mistaked Matthew for Isaac, but I don’t deem that as impossible either. Like I said earlier, it’d be ****ing hilarious.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't know where you got that. Smash is listed for treehouse. And why would they have it right after a smash direct if it didn't have anything to do with smash anyway?
Im pretty confused about where I got that from also. I think I read it to fast and just skipped over where it said smash, lol whoops

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
So, is everyone as excited as I am that we are less than 100 pages away from a page number that has a repeating pair of digits that are colloquially referent to mutual fellatio/cunnilingus?!

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Oh this is good news, I am a huge fan of the "new generation" Yoshi games (despite starting with Yoshi Story/Yoshi Island remake for GBA)
I hope YCW turns out as good as Wooly World
Oh wow! Those are literally the exact Yoshi games I started out with as well! XD
I have a ton of nostalgia with these two titles!

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I’m not completely convinced that Verge’s sources may have mistaked Matthew for Isaac, but I don’t deem that as impossible either. Like I said earlier, it’d be ****ing hilarious.
I mean hasn't that happened to a certain extent before? The whole Lucina Chrom thing

Potato_

Smash Lord
Note the word "Echo" here. That's an important thing.
Certainly helps the "Verge knows playtesters" theory. No real need to test echoes, at least not as hard as you would newcomers.

Still raises the question of why he didn't know about K.Rool. Maybe that was held tighter to the chest than others?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Again, why would any of the insiders lie, Vergeben especially, if credibility/reputation is important for them, and there's more out there to leak than just Smash ultimate?
To be fair, Vergeben isn't an insider, he's an anonymous leaker with an iconic username. He could easily change it and continue if he wanted.

That being said, I doubt hes faking. They all are probably genuine. But it's a question if their info is as genuine. Additionally, most of them are playing the "I'm right, deal with it" kind of game, which has their egos so high that they probably believe their sources 100% with no skepticism, even though they don't have perfect track records or even consider that Nintendo may be baiting them.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
A reminder that, if you assume Vergeben isn't lying, his sources could have easily mistaken Matthew for Isaac.

He's Isaac's son and the protagonist of Dark Dawn. Seems like prime AT material (or an echo, if you went the way of Richter) if Isaac was playable, but he looks a lot like Isaac to someone who doesn't know Golden Sun very well - like a source, who saw footage of some Isaac-looking dude coming out of of an Assist Trophy.

just something to think about,.
Exactly my thought process behind this. Also why would Verg wait until one day before the Direct and a week after Isaac was leaked as playable? Might’ve been bait.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You guys.

What if Isaac is an assist trophy and Matthew is playable? He's the first party character that's not on the banner that's not Incineroar.

Come back to this one when I'm right.

Yeah, but what he's saying is that they might have MISTAKEN this hypothetical Matthew AT for Isaac. I mean, the two do look nearly identical, so it's not completely illogical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could see Verg's sources lying. Verg though? Nah. He actually cares too much about his credibility. It's too unbelievable.

He pulled that before and it hurt him a lot. He has no real reason to do it again. If he's wrong, it's likely his sources were lying or were wrong(Isaac being leak-bait as an AT actually would make sense).
I mentioned earlier that I would not be surprised if Nintendo has sent out actual leak bait in the past two or three days because of the direct. The Isaac being an AT stuff came out of nowhere, and I really feel like if Verge knew beforehand he would’ve mentioned it earlier. I’m not so sure THATS the leak bait but I wouldn’t say its impossible. Not to mention Mystic backing down from everything makes me think he knows Nintendo has been sending out leak bait.

I do agree that Verge wouldn’t lie tho. His sources were either lying to him or misled if he’s wrong.
Nintendo isn't necessarily a stranger to giving out false information either. Xander Mobus even said that during recording for DLC, he was given several fake names to make announcer clips for, and also said that they did things similar to that a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
One thing about Vergeben saying that Isaac is an Assist that is weird: He didn't say it until that ResetEra guy kinda hinted at Isaac being an Assist and the other guy claiming he saw footage of Isaac coming out of an Assist.

What if Vergeben isn't 100% confident in the new info his sources are giving him which is the real reason why he stayed silent for so long, and he's been waiting for other insiders to say something similar so he would feel that he kinda had "back-up"? But really the other guys are mistaken Matthew for Isaac?

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
But how does his “source” miss that but supposedly not Simon? Why is it not possible that they saw Matthew come out of an AT and when was asked about Isaac they said “oh that Golden Sun guy is an AT” mistakenly?

Again....it’s just speculation. But it could be why the insiders are confused about the info they got from their sources on Isaac.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I mean hasn't that happened to a certain extent before? The whole Lucina Chrom thing
Not exactly. Sakurai said that Chrom was originally considered but he felt he’d be too samey to the other characters. Gemastu had outdated info that still had Chrom penned in.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Really isn't when he's said Ken is a Ryu echo over and over.

Simply could've just heard Simon, as his sources hadn't heard anything about Richter being playable. Not too different from Gematsu w/ RosaLuma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom