• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, what would be your reaction if tomorrow we got Incineroar, Ken, Celica, and Dante? Sora is revealed at the VGAs as either base roster or DLC releasing shortly after the game releases.
I'd be absolutely thrilled. Celica is my most wanted character now that Chrom's in, and if Marth, Celica, and Chrom were all playable in the same Smash game I'd be over the moon. They're my three favorite lords.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best.
Only confident in Shadow on my list but:

1) Skull Kid
2) Petey Piranha
3) Spyro
4) Sceptile
5) Shadow

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Joke all you want about FE characters, but I'll be all in on playable Micaiah and Black Knight and Tiki.

Last edited:

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
On a scale of one to infinity, how dead is the box theory in y'all's eyes?
Well if the insiders are correct, then we are getting Ken, Incineroar and Steve. Or Ken, Incineroar + 1-2 unknown characters. Or a roster that is "better" than the leak.

The direct is 40 minutes long and doubt Sakurai will want to reveal to much about Spirits considering he likes his singleplayer modes to have surprises. If they were to reveal only Ken and Incineroar it would take 5 minutes at MOST. So the size of the Direct kinda implies that there are 3+ characters.

In my opinion the Box Leak is dead times infinity.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
You know, I was thinking, all insiders have been rather silent for the presence of a Third Party tomorrow....
I was thinking if it was because of how secretive those characters are or not, if we believe Vergeben on Square-Enix's stance.
Like, Imran agree that there will be a Square-Enix rep, but he says to not be surprised if we don't see it tomorrow, implying DLC.
I remember Imran saying don't expect a big 3rd party reveal tomorrow. To me, That means we either aren't getting one or it's a 3rd party on the lower end of the scale (Shantae? Reimu? Travis?). The only exceptions would be Ken and (possibly) Shadow.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd be absolutely thrilled. Celica is my most wanted character now that Chrom's in, and if Marth, Celica, and Chrom were all playable in the same Smash game I'd be over the moon. They're my three favorite lords.
Are you still following that 4chan text leak with Celica and AT Ashley on it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If King K. Rool could make it, Geno can too
One being 3rd party makes a huge difference. Sakurai can only make him playable if Square-Enix allows it. He costs lots of money too because he's not owned by Nintendo.

Geno being obscure isn't going to sway Sakurai's opinion of him, at least. So his chances are pretty good. But not guaranteed. I doubt he'd be an AT, too.

Troykv

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I'm feeling so hype. Just a couple more hours to go and all (or most) of our question will be answered. Leaks or no leaks, show pride and support for your most wanted characters to the end (politely of course) for tomorrow will be the greatest AT War ever to hit all Smash Fans.

Be happy for those who's characters are unscathed from the Melee, and welcomed into the Halls of Smash for fortune smiles fondly on the patient and the lucky, and be respectful, and supportive for those who's characters have fallen in the Brawl, and are AT'ed or lost to the void, for have we ourselves not felt the same pain as others in previous Smash games?

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

Honorable Mention: Blaze the Cat, Rex & Pyra, Saber, and Reimu.
Oh let's see... after removing the wanted characters that I already got (K. Rool and Simon/Richter being in the middle).

1.- Micaiah (My most wanted <3)
2.- Someone from Kirby (Adeleine and Bandana Dee are my top choices). (Please leaks help me for once!)
3.- Shadow
4.- KOS-MOS
5.- Crash Bandicoot
6.- Kyo Kusanagi (or other cool character from KoF/Garou)
7.- Cranky Kong
8.- Reimu Hakurei
9.- Elma
10.- Fate Character.

Honorable mentions: Decidueye, Rex/Pyra.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Now that we're on the eve of the direct, and we are aware that this is the final smash exclusive direct, I've become even less convinced of the Grinch leak as a concept.

Not because of the insiders or whatever, but because they haven't talked about Spirit mode at all up to this point and I doubt they're saving it for a non Smash specific direct.

8 new comers + Spirits mode in 40 minutes is madness

I mean Sakurai is pretty crazy but that's still madness

Maybe tomorrow we'll get a couple and the others will be revealed down the line in non Smash specific directs, but the number still seems insane for how much time they have left

EDIT: But hey I'd love to be wrong
It’s 7 newcomers, Also, revealing 5 newcomers in trailers and Shadow and Ken in about a 2 minute reveal would be 12 minutes out of the 40 we have. That also doesn’t account for some of them having moves explained, like Simon. There’s plenty of time to reveal the Grinch newcomers.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It would actually be hype if Sakurai somehow made Saki Amamiya a playable character this time. His franchise could use some more recognition, honestly.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I remember Imran saying don't expect a big 3rd party reveal tomorrow. To me, That means we either aren't getting one or it's a 3rd party on the lower end of the scale (Shantae? Reimu? Travis?). The only exceptions would be Ken and (possibly) Shadow.
Yup, he did this, but it seems more like he was trying to lower the suddent burst of Hype in the ResetERA thread than thinking this tbvh. Like, he said to not be surprised to not see the Square-Enix rep tomorrow, only to then tell us to don't expect a big 3rd Party reveal-

It's kinda confusing and contradictory, so I feel like, it's more of a "I know the existance of said characters, but idfk if it will be revealed tommorow, don't get too excited if you don't see it."

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I started a new Nuzlocke in USUM today.

Litten was my starter.

Litten died at the trainer school.

Guys;

sYmBoLiSm.

InCiNeRoAr Is DeAd.
THIS IS SO SAD!!!!!

sakurai, play despacito.

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
10. Elma (Xenoblade)
9. Bowsette (Mario Series)
8. Chun Li (Street Fighter)
7. Raiden (Metal Gear)
6. Camilla (Fire Emblem)
5. Twintelle (ARMS)
4. Gardevoir (Pokemon)
3. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
2. Linkle (Legend of Zelda)
1. 2B (Nier: Automata)

Honorable Mentions: Tharja, Lola Pop, Rex+Pyra, Cammy, Chell

Alright, here's my Bingo Card for tomorrow

Sora + Demo + New Sakurai Meme + GRINCHED = i win lol

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
On a scale of one to infinity, how dead is the box theory in y'all's eyes?
Box theory is deader than custom robo (moment of silence for the greatest series) If there is one thing all the insiders agree on it's that there are at least 3 more characters. Plus the direct is 40 minutes long. August was only 27 minutes and we got 5 characters. Now I say we blast the corpse of the theory into the sun where it can never hurt anyone again.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It’s 7 newcomers, Also, revealing 5 newcomers in trailers and Shadow and Ken in about a 2 minute reveal would be 12 minutes out of the 40 we have. That also doesn’t account for some of them having moves explained, like Simon. There’s plenty of time to reveal the Grinch newcomers.
If I recall correctly, part of the Grinch leak is that one of the newcomers is apparently still missing from the banner, which many assumed was Incineroar

Also, 12 minutes for 5 unique newcomers, the likes of which include Banjo, Geno, and Isaac, doesn't exactly sound right, considering the fact that Sakurai likes to take a moment to talk about the characters and give them a chance to have their moves showed off + Cinematic trailers accompanying unique new comers.

To pull off what you're suggesting, they'd basically have to do a direct entirely different from their usual format leading up to this

8 character, 6 uniques and 2 echos + Spirit mode in 40 minutes just doesn't sound right

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well if the insiders are correct, then we are getting Ken, Incineroar and Steve. Or Ken, Incineroar + 1-2 unknown characters. Or a roster that is "better" than the leak.
*mentally combines all three statements into one*

I don't know how a roster with only three/four more characters left can be better than a roster with seven more characters left...

Shog

Smash Ace
Joke all you want about FE characters, but I'll be all in on playable Micaiah and Black Knight and Tiki.
Honestly as long as the Fire Emblem Character uses Lances(Ephraim, Armors etc.) I would enjoy there inclusion no matter what

Also I sincerely hope you mean Awakening Tiki...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
so i have a question, why does everyone want issac over any of the other main characters from golden sun, as tbh id much prefer felix as to me he is a much more interesting character do to his role in the first game and how that plays out, also i find that felix has a more coherent design and issac's red chest plate over his blue clothes always bugged me

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If I recall correctly, part of the Grinch leak is that one of the newcomers is apparently still missing from the banner, which many assumed was Incineroar

Also, 12 minutes for 5 unique newcomers, the likes of which include Banjo, Geno, and Isaac, doesn't exactly sound right, considering the fact that Sakurai likes to take a moment to talk about the characters and give them a chance to have their moves showed off + Cinematic trailers accompanying unique new comers.

To pull off what you're suggesting, they'd basically have to do a direct entirely different from they usual format leading up to this

8 + Spirit mode in 40 minutes just doesn't sound right
He only did that for the Belmonts. Every other one wasn't talked about. Plus treehouse live is going on right after, so they'll probably do the same thing they did with Ridley at e3 and explain newcomers movesets there.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Also I sincerely hope you mean Awakening Tiki...
Nope.

Archanea Tiki would get the distinction of being both the smallest FE character in her human form, and the largest FE character when she turns into a Manakete via transformation. Super fun to think about.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm torn between keeping Smash 4 Wii U in my collection or trading it in when I get Smash Ultimate.

I'll keep Smash for 3DS, of course.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

To pull off what you're suggesting, they'd basically have to do a direct entirely different from their usual format leading up to this

8 character, 6 uniques and 2 echos + Spirit mode in 40 minutes just doesn't sound right
tbh they might just save the explanation for the characters to the treehouse, also so far in the reveals they have only talked about the inklings technically, and simon everyone else has just had a trailer in a direct

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I’m still betting/hoping on Grinch Theory. Partly because it hasn’t been disproven yet and there’s so much going for it, partly because I really want Banjo for me and all the other characters for their fans, and to see their unique play styles (particularly Chorus Kids and Mach Rider)

I’m prepared to be wrong, but that’s my best guess til tomorrow

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Did you expect anything less from the same person that didn't care about August Direct spoilers when Castlevania was leaked? Alpharad is a tool, and it's surprising that now people see that.

Sorry if I'm coming off rude, but he REALLY was a jerk before that August Direct with the "teases".
And just like that, I can never take you or the people who liked your comment seriously ever again. You get mad at us for not sympathizing with an insider like MysticDistance, but then turn around and insult a popular Youtuber with lots of fans? Absolutely shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom