• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Considering the everyone one is wanting Master Chief in the game (In spite of him never having his games on a Nintendo console)!

It also be some **** if Nintendo then thought to ask Sony if they could Kratos or Nathan Drake in Smash Ultimate!!!!
There is a secret message in the background. It is calling for us…..

D

Deleted member

I’d say December 2015 was the last time it was “cool” to like undertale. The game was stilll being praised by then and it hadn’t gotten so over-exposed that people started getting annoyed. Nowadays I don’t think many would care about what you think of undertale.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The post your ultimate roster thing is really really cool and well made BUT....I miss when we would post bingo cards before a new Direct to see who is the most accurate.

ED922F70-F888-4E2C-82F1-8A8D29482CB3.jpeg

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Guys

What if we were to get the Direct tomorrow revealing the final characters but they don't say anything about DLC

Then we find out in the next Nintendo Direct about a DLC fighter

Wouldn't that be a great way to troll us?

D

Deleted member

Alpharad just made a video about the leak, but he seemed to miss a lot of stuff, and repeat stuff that's already been debunked. That's too bad, he's (unintentionally, I think he's a good guy) spreading misinformation. He was talking about how great the background is and said "but maybe someone has points against it" without mentioning that artists have already done that. Brought up the green pixel thing too which was debunked as 4Chan's compression, didn't mention that. :(

Also, can we please stop using "Well insiders were wrong in the past..." because 99.9% of leaks have been wrong in the past too.
Did you expect anything less from the same person that didn't care about August Direct spoilers when Castlevania was leaked? Alpharad is a tool, and it's surprising that now people see that.

Sorry if I'm coming off rude, but he REALLY was a jerk before that August Direct with the "teases".

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Verg said Isaac was an AT but didn’t Mystic get in trouble cause he said he was confident in Isaac being in?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm barely 25 minutes into Toby Fox's new game and I'm going "TOBY YOU MAD MAN YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN" already

pls be still my heart

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Verg said Isaac was an AT but didn’t Mystic get in trouble cause he said he was confident in Isaac being in?
It's very odd, Mystic has gone on to say despite what Verg said, he is still confident Isaac is in.

He then immediately followed that up with: "I can't certainly say one way or another"

What's happening is Verg and Mystic is getting info from different sources. And Verg seems to be more confident in his source than Mystic is in theirs.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do I not have a soul for not laughing at it? I really like the picture though.
Nah, it's more meant to be adorable than laugh out loud funny.

Like, how can you not smile when looking at Ivysaur in a Charizard costume, Charizard in a Squirtle costume, and Squirtle in an Ivysaur costume saying, "SQUIRTLE!"?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Dark Sammy was my 2nd choice after Ridders :confused:
And I'd be much more excited to play as her if I didn't already dislike Samus's kit.

The whole reason I mained ZSS in Brawl (aside from her juggling antics) was the fact that I've never liked Samus's playstyle, but I really liked hers. I'd glady play Samus if she weren't so floaty and weird-feeling. And I love Dark Samus's design. But, eh.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

If it's by most-wanted:
- Isaac
- Mach Rider
- Andy
- Frogger
- Porky
- Mike Jones
- Ken
- Tails
- Chibi Robo
- Ryu Hayabusa

This should be fun; let's see how I do tomorrow!

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
It's very odd, Mystic has gone on to say despite what Verg said, he is still confident Isaac is in.

He then immediately followed that up with: "I can't certainly say one way or another"

What's happening is Verg and Mystic is getting info from different sources. And Verg seems to be more confident in his source than Mystic is in theirs.
I can’t see Sakurai making Isaac an AT after all the Fan Demand, Rathalos Pic, and the Mystery Item. If not base, then DLC, but anything other than AT

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel like Verg saw Matthew as an AT instead of Isaac. I mean, GS would most likely get an AT if we got Isaac and they do look a lot alike(being Father and Son and all)
Vergeben doesn't see anything himself, if anyone does it's his sources.

D

Deleted member

Did you expect anything less from the same person that didn't care about August Direct spoilers when Castlevania was leaked? Alpharad is a tool, and it's surprising that now people see that.

Sorry if I'm coming off rude, but he REALLY was a jerk before that August Direct with the "teases".
I am just curious, what was the misinformation in his new video that was already debunked? It seemed accurate for a moment. The whole works at a poster company thing?
Answers are always appreciated. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's already been confirmed by Tanabe that she isn't coming back.
For the best, story-wise. But I didn't know that.

Now I wonder who the big bad is. I hope they get away from phazon as a driving motivator so we get a brand new aesthetic.

Polan

Smash Lord

well if there's one thing that i've learned about verg is that when he doubles down on his info, it's probably worth taking it seriously.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The fact that Sonic dressed as Sonichu in that comic is hilarious.
It takes me back to when I first discovered Chris-Chan, and how confused and amazed I was.

D

Deleted member

Remind me again, how is he so popular?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That does seem to be her thing.

What do you think her chances are of being brought back for MP4?
Zero. Her very being is inextricably tied to Phazon, which at the end of MP3 was completely wiped from the galaxy. Unless they retcon that, and it turns out there is Phazon out there, then she's gone. And I believe Kensuke Tanabe has said that the Phazon story arc is definitely over with, so by extension, Dark Samus, too.

People like to say "But she's the namesake of the series, so she has to come back!" But, for one, I'm pretty certain Metroid Prime died, and Dark Samus is a new entity that is an incarnation of Metroid Prime, but not the same being. And two, Prime is simply a brand for a style of Metroid, no longer associated with the final boss of the first game. Hence, Prime: Hunters and Prime: Federation Force.

As much as I'd love to see more of her, I think she had a fitting run. Two games with prominent roles is better than many other Metroid characters. And now that she's playable in Ultimate, that's all I'll ever need from here on out.

Dark Sammy was my 2nd choice after Ridders :confused:
She and Chibi-Robo were my top-two. I voted for her in the ballot because Metroid needed another rep, and Ridley was clearly denied, so I took the opportunity to vote for her and hope she'd pass since she isn't too big and her AT showed her potential. I thought, after Ridley, she'd never happen, but I was happy with Ridley. But... here we are.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Happy Halloween, y'all!
Okay, I know I'm quoting this a second time, but can we all just appreciate how Pichu's costume is an S&M outfit because he hurts himself??

That is ****ing clever.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
I'll mention it then just in case no one else has. (spoiler free no worries, but still putting it in a spoiler in case anybody doesn't want to see anything about it)

At the end of the new Undertale game, if you talk to Toriel she'll mention that you and your sibling loved to play "super smashing fighters" and that your sibling loved "the green lizard" from it, even talking about a yoshi-egg themed birthday party.

probably just added in because smash brothers is a popular game, but who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom