• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RisanF

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that's exactly why Brawl was the only game to have a dedicated boss battles mode — it was the only Smash game with enough boss battles for it to be worthwhile to devote a mode to them, and a big part of that was the inclusion of several bosses in the Subspace Emissary.
Yeah, this is why I think Adventure Mode is more likely than Boss Mode. When Boss Rush was in Brawl, it was a sub-mode, a cut-off sliver of the larger Subspace Emissary. If the Green Mode was just Boss Rush, it would feel like a downgrade from the more meaty Adventure Mode, kind of like how Mega Man: The Power Battles doesn't feel as meaty as something like Mega Man VII. But then, who really knows what Sakurai's ideas are?

D

Deleted member

I'm the narrator of Spirits mode.

Good luck trying to understand what i say.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So something I thing also strengthens the Grinch leak.. Ain't it time already for that supposed faker to come out? Assuming it's fake.
Fakers do it for brags. Not much time left for that. Close to direct time, no one would pay that super faker any attention no matter what. Rendering all that work useless. Well, that leak is approaching the 99% true rate fast.

UNLESS this leak was an in-house made bait. Its really sounding so true. Hey! maybe Incineroar was the bait :D

Oh Goemon. You sure need a truck load of luck.. make that a planet load.
coutner-point: He's waiting for the salt-mageddon that will erupt when it turns out to be fake

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So something I thing also strengthens the Grinch leak.. Ain't it time already for that supposed faker to come out? Assuming it's fake.
Fakers do it for brags. Not much time left for that. Close to direct time, no one would pay that super faker any attention no matter what. Rendering all that work useless. Well, that leak is approaching the 99% true rate fast.

UNLESS this leak was an in-house made bait. Its really sounding so true. Hey! maybe Incineroar was the bait :D

Oh Goemon. You sure need a truck load of luck.. make that a planet load.
Well if that leak is fake, then the faker would probably be better off remaining in hiding unless he wants to be mauled alive by an angry Smash community for getting their hopes up so sky high at the last minute, especially if the whole box thing ends up being true....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im at work and totally forgot I had posted anything, then come back to see 16 notifications. Thanks for the appreciation. That + the 'aurora borealis' reference shows me there are quite a few Simpsons fans here lol.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait
What do you mean by possibility of Undertale music in Smash? Has someone said that there'd be some?
Also Delta Rune not Undertale 2 smfh
sure Deltarune, but if you've played the whole thing through its incredibly obvious what it's supposed to be.

The possibility is from the multiple Smash references in the demo (Toriel mentions Kris and Asriel playing "Super Smashing Brothers" and a green lizard with spotted eggs) and the fact that Sans says something about "being busy tommorow".

Could just be Toby trolling because he's definitely the type of guy to do that, but it could also be a hint at Undertale content in Smash.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I'm really worried about the potential of this Direct, if they make a trailer with all of the remaining characters i will suffer from a heart attack, and my dog too

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
What would your reaction be if the direct starts out with placing a huge banner of the leak on the floor, and then Sakurai takes out a flamethrower, and burns it up?!!!

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Ah, I see people are doing their full teams. I was afraid of doing mine, because I actually play a lot of characters. Here's my whole squad.

Though it's actually still missing Toon/Young Link. Not sure which one I'll roll with until the game comes out. Also might play some Pichu and Inkling, though I'm not sure yet, either.

1541014429134.png

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
At this point, if Spirits mode is a story mode, we really just need special orders and then I'm gonna be ****ing fulfilled.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Not trying to be rude, but is it that hard to at the least skim like 10 pages or so before posting an image/url so that we don't get a repeat?

What would your reaction be if the direct starts out with placing a huge banner of the leak on the floor, and then Sakurai takes out a flamethrower, and burns it up?!!!
And I would so love to see that. Just for the reactions of course.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Undertale 2 isn’t the first game to have Smash Bros hits because both Kingdom Hearts & Shantae has hints these past few months as well.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm literally setting my Safari to the Smash Ultimate fighters page so I can see who got in immediately after class. iIt's the only break I have for quite a while and I'm too impatient to wait the entire day.

Plus after waiting 3 months for this, I think I can cut myself some slack.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Direct Wishlist posted in the 6900s, because then it might come true:

-A minimum of one new character I can dig. Continuing to gun for Skull Kid and Banjo (whether base or DLC), but will settle for anyone that seems neat as at this point I have a good half-dozen characters under my belt already;

-"Spirits" being something of a Venn overlap, taking the best of Adventure Mode and Smash Run, with perhaps a dash of Subspace. A gauntlet of themed levels, matches, and boss encounters, with the capacity to "level up" or modify one's characters;

-If Spirits turns out to be something else entirely, would still want a proper Adventure Mode (and a new incarnation of Smash Run would be cool, as, having not played Smash 3DS, I missed out on it);

-Break the Targets and Board the Platforms. Having unique maps for each character in both categories may be unfeasible given the size of the roster, but I'd like something more substantive than Brawl's Targets with its 5 generic maps, at the very least;

-The return of staples and sundry delights (stadium, event matches, trophies, etc.).

-While the Nintendo Online service appears milquetoast, eager to see if Smash's online experience would be worth putting up with a subscription;

-A demo on the eShop, so that I get a hit of that viscous Ultimate ichor;

-Answering the question of what happens when we die.

arIGaTo gOzaImaSU

Sent from my EyePhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom