• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm literally setting my Safari to the Smash Ultimate fighters page so I can see who got in immediately after class. iIt's the only break I have for quite a while and I'm too impatient to wait the entire day.

Plus after waiting 3 months for this, I think I can cut myself some slack.
Just take a really long bathroom break

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Felt like jumping in on the roster train. Keep up the hype, folks, no matter what happens tomorrow! (that being said, I would love to add Isaac to this roster)

Last edited:

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
For anybody that's interested, here's a really good article about the Grinch leak. It's very convincing. Basically points to it being very difficult to fake and a faker doing lots of unnecessary things if all they wanted to do is make a fake leak. Warning, it's a pretty long read though. Guess we'll find out the truth tomorrow!

https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
My final predictions are:

ECHOES:
Ken
Shadow

UNIQUE:
Incineroar at the beginning
Isaac AND Skull Kid in the middle, dual trailer that some insiders were talking about.
Geno at the end

ASSIST TROPHIES:
Rayman
Mach Rider
Shantae
Sans

- Test Smash after the direct.
- There will be playable Assist Trophies. Whether it's fully or in a separate mode I'm not sure. Stuff like Alucard seem too elaborate.
- 108 stages is legit.
- There will be some sort of Tabuu reference in game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have a feeling that, tomorrow, general reactions are going to be something along the lines of... this:

A lot of us will be catatonic, either from Hype or extreme Disappointment.

Here's hoping that it's hype that kills our brains.

Last edited:

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
sure Deltarune, but if you've played the whole thing through its incredibly obvious what it's supposed to be.

The possibility is from the multiple Smash references in the demo (Toriel mentions Kris and Asriel playing "Super Smashing Brothers" and a green lizard with spotted eggs) and the fact that Sans says something about "being busy tommorow".

Could just be Toby trolling because he's definitely the type of guy to do that, but it could also be a hint at Undertale content in Smash.
I'd be happy to discuss why it isn't exactly a direct sequel to Undertale but that'd bo off-topic and better off in a different thread.

You know, Undertale music would be nice but what stages would it accompany? Plus having only music of all things would seem weird, unless we get like trophies and such. It's much more probable that Toby is just trolling us.

Klonoa4Smash2018

Smash Rookie
Top 2 Echos i want
2. Ken (Streetfighter) Echo of Ryu
1. Shadow the Hedgehog! (Sonic the Hedgehog) Echo of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Shadow better make it in.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've got to time it just right though. My class literally starts when the direct starts.
Okay so

Show up like 5 minutes late for class "because you had a nosebleed and were in the bathroom"

Then leave 5 minutes before the direct ends to actually go to the bathroom

They'll never know

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Okay wait, who is this and why does their word have any credit compared to anyone else who's been spouting "information"?

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to discuss why it isn't exactly a direct sequel to Undertale but that'd bo off-topic and better off in a different thread.

You know, Undertale music would be nice but what stages would it accompany? Plus having only music of all things would seem weird, unless we get like trophies and such. It's much more probable that Toby is just trolling us.
Oh I think it's not so simple as "hey this is what happens after 1!" but in spirit I do think it's an Undertale sequel.

If we're going to assume that this is a hint, then I'd think it's a Sans assist. With Undertale being so well known for its music however, there does seem to be a possibility that they'd also incorporate some tracks into Ultimate.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Threw my hat into the ring with this Post Your Roster tool. The character icons are sized based off my priority for my picks, with the largest indicating high priority and the smallest indicating low priority.
1541015321576.png

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
coutner-point: He's waiting for the salt-mageddon that will erupt when it turns out to be fake
XDD I'm not a salt expert, didn't think of that. That also is a possibility
Well if that leak is fake, then the faker would probably be better off remaining in hiding unless he wants to be mauled alive by an angry Smash community for getting their hopes up so sky high at the last minute, especially if the whole box thing ends up being true....
I don't think a person who does would care about the community.
No, I think the box theory is too low. 40min for 2 characters. Then there must be one big mode hiding.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
roster.PNG

Here's my roster~

I can't really make those as I'm at work and I don't want to save image files on this computer. Can someone make one for me using:

Yoshi
Richter
Shulk
Mega Man
Luigi
zinith.PNG

Got you covered, mate.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Dunno if it was pointed out, but the press release screenshot says 'Isabella' instead of 'Isabelle'..

Chrollo.

fka president wario
okay so unless anyone actually says they saw it like this, it's just 4chan memeing

i figured as such probably, but, I figured no harm in seeing if anyone else has seen it.
Somebody else in the thread had a account there and went on the site. They confirmed that this wasn’t there. I think they posted a screenshot too.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I think they're going to add the highest-ranked character from the Smash Ballot.

No, not the silly Sm4sh one.

The OG Melee ballot!
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html
As you can clearly see, James Bond is the highest ranked character not currently in SSBU.

Since Nintendo is all about picking popular characters this time around, I'm definitely predicting James Bond for Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom