• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's probably unneeded, but in the case Grinch is a hoax, remember some of us who didn't advocate for it aren't going to take any pleasure from being "right".

No one wants less characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Things I want out of the Direct:
  1. Is Isaac Playable, an Assist Trophy or not in the game at all?
  2. What is the Mystery mode that we call Spirits?
  3. Are there any more surprises in store?
---
"Never ask me for anything ever again."
"もう一度私から何も要求しないで"
"Ne me demande plus jamais rien"
"Non chiedermi mai più niente mai"
"Nunca vuelvas a pedirme nada."
"Fordere nie wieder etwas von mir an"

A lot of these are probably hilariously wrong because I used Google Translate.

I'm interested in finding out how accurate they are, so... open fire, I guess. :laugh:
Your English is atrocious.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I'm interested in finding out how accurate they are, so... open fire, I guess. :laugh:
The French one is in singular while the context of the sentence should actually make it plural, like so;

"Ne me demandez plus jamais rien."

Aside from that, Google Translate actually did pretty good here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Things I want out of the Direct:
  1. Is Isaac Playable, an Assist Trophy or not in the game at all?
  2. What is the Mystery mode that we call Spirits?
  3. Are there any more surprises in store?
---
"Never ask me for anything ever again."
"もう一度私から何も要求しないで"
"Ne me demande plus jamais rien"
"Non chiedermi mai più niente mai"
"Nunca vuelvas a pedirme nada."
"Fordere nie wieder etwas von mir an"

"Sakın bir daha benden bir şey istemeyin."

It'd be cool if we turn this into a forum game. :rotfl:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I would produce receipts to show your memory is faulty, in that I did not advocate a boycott, and to show the context of the whitewashing comment (for users not to hold back criticism of Smash 4 just because fans were dismissing everything but praise as "SALT"), if the social group housing the K. Rool thread at the time were not deleted. But given that you also remember K. Rool fans "calling themselves the KKK" and needed a Jewish user to tell you Nazis were indeed "a thing" before Charlottesville, I don't know that receipts are strictly necessary for that purpose.

"King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats" have previously been brought up in this thread, seemingly in arguing some fever dream that I'm winking and nodding to users who...will be awakened as sleeper racists because they saw a thread title that no one but (by my count) three bad-faith critics have ever referred to as "the KKK," and only after they started disliking K. Rool fans during or after the ballot. (Which on that note, I stand by that Bayonetta didn't win, but I deeply regret the venom in some of my comments about Sakurai rigging it based on his own biases, when clearly there was more happening behind the scenes).

For those who didn't already know, "Kremling Kuthroats" is an enemy class in Donkey Kong Country 2, widely known as the series' best game. That's literally it. I'd change the title the second users were to come into the thread and post racist content or if K. Rool were to show up on signs at a white nationalist rally. And I'm fully open as well if any K. Rool thread regulars want to PM me and privately tell me the title makes them uncomfortable. But I'm definitely not touching it based solely on a few bad-faith Twitter tirades, ironically hilarious as they may be for attempts to paint fans of a cartoon crocodile as discriminatory based on removing letters from "KKRKK" to fit a narrative.

Enjoy the Direct tomorrow! Guh-huh!
Am colored, can confirm.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As a Capcom nerd I wouldn't mind if they get more reps - obviously pulling for Phoenix but Jill would.be great! Yet I feel strange about Dante - maybe because of the lack of DMC on a Nintendo platform. He wasn't even in Viewtiful Joe's original release. Still, would be cool.

I feel like we are all sleeping on Roll as a Mega Man echo.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Bug/Dark with the Ability Corrosion.

How's that for a happy medium?
Bug/Dark Metroid Prime (Ability: Poison Heal, Hidden Ability: Shields Down) that evolves into Poison/Dark Dark Samus (Ability: Poison Touch, Hidden Ability: Trace) when defeated in battle while holding Phazon Suit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, at 40 minutes the only way they could kill that much time is an in-depth frame by frame look at Bayonetta's nerfs.
Nerfs? Funny. Sakurai was displeased with how everybody complained about Bayonetta won in a casual match so not only that she gained all her buffs before Smash For patches, she's even better than that.

Direct is just Sakurai bodying every other fighter in the roster with her.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Expectations for Spirits Mode.

Lowest: - Melee Adventure mode (which would still get me hyped)

Pipe dream: - SSE2 with locations that aren't ****ing generic
Mine

Lowest: Uh... Something minigame-y like Smash Run or (...) Smash Tour.

Pipe Dream: Super Smash Bros.: The Metroidvania (w/ Cutscenes!)

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

1. Ken
2. Incineroar
3. Geno
4. Sora
5. Isaac
6. Shadow
7. Skull Kid
8. Slime
9. Hanafuda Cards
10. Bandana Dee

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Guys I have this insance theory that I need to share but would make everything piece into place. Check it out:

We know there might be 2 Directs in November. I'm thinking the first is Smash and the other one could be a Pokemon Direct.
So what if the banner was made for the events in between tomorrow and the Pokemon Direct and it's missing Incineroar because he's getting announced there?
Would line up with the "insiders" crying about no Incineroar, right?

What do you all think?

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
I think the direct is going to open up with character reveal.
I think it'll be a ninja gaiden theme trailer.
I think we're getting Ryu Hayabusa and Impa €.
I back up that claim 100% Ryu teaching the smash ninja posers jk why the call him the Ultimate Super Ninja

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys I have this insance theory that I need to share but would make everything piece into place. Check it out:

We know there might be 2 Directs in November. I'm thinking the first is Smash and the other one could be a Pokemon Direct.
So what if the banner was made for the events in between tomorrow and the Pokemon Direct and it's missing Incineroar because he's getting announced there?

What do you all think?
Probably not. We haven’t gotten characters in specific game directs and that’s not likely to start now

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to put aside Smash briefly and wish you all a Happy Halloween.

Crazy to think this all began in March and we are now at the end of October, on the brink of finding out the missing pieces!

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
This is probably unrelated, but I wanted to wish y'all a happy and safe Halloween! Here's my Curly Brace in a Samus Aran outfit I made for the occasion.
IMG_20181031_105020_071.jpg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

What do you all think?
That doesn't make much sense.

The upcoming Pokemon games are Let's Go, a Gen 1 remake, and a new eight generation.

Neither case can really be linked to Incineroar.

I'm not saying it's impossible though, just that I don't see it as likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom