• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragiroth

Smash Cadet
No Geno, Issac, or Shadow?

......I don't feel so good.

Is it really just gonna be Ken and Incineroar? Ugh.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
More often then not he's been right with his predictions with an exceptional few like King K. Rool, Isabelle being a unique fighter and Simon and Richter.
So like all the newcomers? He didn’t predict Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter, K. Rool, and said Isabelle was an Echo.

So he got Ridley right (which most likely was because he found out about the E3 presentation) and said Simon was in. But somehow didn’t know about Simon’s Echo who was revealed right along side him.

And then he made powerhouse predictions of Incineroar and Ken (after we found out third party characters could have Echos). Oh and of course “square enix rep”.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok. I'll say it. I'm Team Fake. I think Box Theory is right. Whatever.

Can we ****ing talk about why the heck are we skipping music today???? It's like Nintendo wants to contribute to the insanity we're already going through. There's no other reason to skip it unless it's a new series??? But who?? And WHY since the direct is two days later and not tomorrow???
To dump it all at once why the **** else?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Assuming the leak was fake, I can’t wait to pretend that I thought it was fake the whole time and join in on insulting people who believed in it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If Anyone know the Full Roster. I'm absolutely Willing to believe it's ZhugeEX. Or at least. A big part of it.

He's not an attention ***** and he's actually super professional. If he hint that ResetERA's thread and member are close to piece things together it means he's not Bull****ting.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
But if Isaac wasn’t going to make it into the base game, why not save him for DLC?!!! It doesn’t make sense to just have him as an assist!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cutting Issac from the last game, and bringing him back only as an assist again would be one of the biggest fingers his fanbase could receive in all honestly.

For lesser known characters like Shovel Knight, an assist is an honor. But for someone who had their assist cut for no reason, is from a very popular franchise, and is first party so is an easy addition, then it shouldn't make people happy if this happened to Issac again.

His fanbase has been pretty vocal and kind of deserve him at this point, so it is a very different situation for Issac then other assists, and his fanbase have a right to be upset imo.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Guys, my source just contacted me back.

Apparently the leak is fake, as Geno is a Pokeball pokemon. Incineroar and Ken are in, as well as Kazooie and Magenta R.O.B (an echo fighter of R.O.B). Sora will be announced at the Game Awards with Goofy as his Echo Fighter. The grinch leak is dead. and you'll all see in 2 days.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It's going to be unreal the level of salt. I hate that...I want people to be happy and just enjoy the game, but I can also understand feeling let down and bummed that your favorite character didn't get in...

I've just got this funny feeling that all we're getting on Thursday is Incineroar and Ken. Happy for their fans, but...yikes. The salt towards these two is going to be unlike anything I think the Smash community has seen (even WITH DLC undoubtedly on the horizon).
I understand why we should be grateful to Sakurai. Smash Ultimate has already proved that it's been a result of an ungodly amount of work.

However, I just simply do not understand why they would save these characters for assist trophy reveals.

Usually Assist Trophies tend to gain the most hype when it's an unexpected character (like Nikki or the Majora's Mask Moon)...

However, when it's a MAJOR character like Waluigi or Shovel Knight, most of the reactions i've seen so far tend to be along the lines of "awwwww" rather than "YEAAAH!"

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
For the people who believe the timeframe confirms the leak, please remember that Sakurai has yet to go over K. Rool and Isabelle in detail. There's a very real chance part of the Direct will be dedicated to them.
Part of the direct.. Oh and btw Nintendo has confirmed this Direct is the final Smash Direct before launch.. So Im going to be in my final form for this Direct (another reason why I changed profile pic to Agatio, lets go Isaac!)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
More often then not he's been right with his predictions with an exceptional few like King K. Rool, Isabelle being a unique fighter and Simon and Richter.
Except Vergeben never said that King K. Rool would not be playable, never said anything about Richter, and only said that one of his sources thought she was an echo fighter. So he's a straight-shot so far for Smash. Doesn't mean he's going to continue being a straight shot for Smash, but it's worth noting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, just so we’re clear: Everyone assumed Simon Belmont was gonna be the only newcomer last Direct.
Do not. Assume. Anything.
Yeah, you know what they say about assumptions.

Well, you probably do at any rate. If you don't that's too bad because this website's autocensor would prevent me from telling you.
.....Why are we still trusting Verge?
Because he has a very good track record when it comes to Ultimate in particular and because not all of us are 100% sold on the Grinch leak just yet.

Either way I think it's good to keep an open mind about these things.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
You exaggerate. Why don't we wait till the 1st for the "body count"?
hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    synonyms:exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;
    informalpurple prose, puffery
    "the media hyperbole that accompanied their championship series"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Isaac is deconfirmed, at least I can still hope for Rex & Pyra DLC.

i'd rather have both though sakurai please you already deconfirmed ashley don't hurt me like this again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Except Vergeben never said that King K. Rool would not be playable, never said anything about Richter, and only said that one of his sources thought she was an echo fighter. So he's a straight-shot so far for Smash. Doesn't mean he's going to continue being a straight shot for Smash, but it's worth noting.
Someone also said he didn't predict "Everyone is here".

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
and what would they gain from ending the last direct by deconfirming fan favorites that have been teased by sakurai? theyd get the same thing but instead of on gamexplain or nintendo life, itd be on them
Because I don't think Isaac was ever heavily teased. Only the fans would think that.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I made a list while we wait.

This is Radical Bones' 20-1 list of favourite reveals. Least favourite to favourite. Minus DLC reveals as they didn't really have trailers.

20. Shulk reveal
19. Duck Hunt reveal
18. Pac-Man reveal
17. Wii Fit Trainer reveal
16. Isabelle reveal
15. Mii Fighter reveal
14. Robin and Lucina reveal
13. Bowser Jr. reveal
12. Little Mac reveal
11. Simon/ Richter reveal
10. Villager/ Smash 4 reveal
9. Rosalina reveal
8. Palutena reveal
7. Ridley reveal
6. Greninja reveal
5. Mega Man reveal
4. Inkling/ Smash Ultimate reveal
3. Sonic reveal in Brawl
2. King K.Rool reveal
1. Brawl/Pit/Meta Knight/ZSS/Wario/Snake reveal
This looks like a fun game.

Here's mine, best to worst.

1: EVERYONE IS HERE!
2: Melee reveal
3: Ultimate reveal
4: Brawl reveal
5: Villager/Mega Man
6: Cloud reveal
7: Mewtwo is on the way
8: King K. Rool
9: Ridley
10: Rosalina
11: Palutena
12: Robin/Lucina
13: Shulk reveal

After this, everything is pretty much equal

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
do you ever consider that this exact flagrant overreaction to a single piece of info is a great example of why Vergeben would say something just to get everyone freaking out and acting stupid?
people gave this dude so much unneeded attention and stock that he'll say Goku is in next and people will unironically be like "man, you think so???"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But that's like, 3/4 of what he said on Smash. He's still really not the authority? He didn't even predict everyone is hear. He predicted Ridley and Simon, but he's only as good as his sources.
Those 3/4 of those things incorrect is more like .5/4 considering he predicted Simon, and never said he was going to be in E3, got the no cuts, got Ridley, and didn't believe in the K Rool theory only talked about it in a private conversation.
The absence of info on Richter is not him being incorrect on Richter.
He still called Isabelle despite her not being an echo.

That's why people believe Verge. His sources, despite lacking complete information, clearly know at least something about Ultimate.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can we stop with this Box Theory crap?

We've had insiders say (or at least Spawn Wave, maybe? I forgot) that Incineroar isn't the only character missing from the leak, and we're still getting conflicting info.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Ok. I'll say it. I'm Team Fake. I think Box Theory is right. Whatever.

Can we ****ing talk about why the heck are we skipping music today???? It's like Nintendo wants to contribute to the insanity we're already going through. There's no other reason to skip it unless it's a new series??? But who?? And WHY since the direct is two days later and not tomorrow???
Because tommorow is halloween

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Isaac has to be in. An assist trophy wouldn't be hinted at as much. Considering how much Vergeben has gotten wrong. (Simon at E3, Richter, King K Rool, official confirmation of Isabelle being an original character or an echo.) Also, the Direct would not be 40 minutes long and reveal only 3 characters. Sakurai would only reveal Spirits, and explain certain things. He wouldn't show too much of Spirits as he'd want us to experience the mode for ourselves. Meaning Spirits and other modes would likely take 20 minutes. And reveals would take another. DLC would also be hinted at towards the end knowing Sakurai.

Regardless, this game is still going to be the Ultimate Smash experience.
I wouldn't count things like Richter against him as they never said anything about them. Tmk they also disagreed with the source saying K. Rool wasnt playable. Isabelle being a case of him not saying one thing or another. Can't say they are wrong about things they never argued for in the first place.

Though aside from that the sprout in the Wendy's trailer is the closest thing to a hint Isaac actually has gotten tmk and that isn't even technically a hint at all. The only other time GS has been "hinted" at tmk is the Rathalos image, which is honestly more likely a reference to MH itself as Rathalos is THE monster of the series and two of the characters facing it are ones with costumes in the games

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
What if Vergeben is actually a saint in disguise, getting everyone's hopes on Isaac shot down 2 days before the direct... for then, when the actual direct rolls, everyone hears those simple words "...Move!". Bam, Isaac is in, but Grinch leak was fake. People rejoice once more and forget all about the damn leak. Vergeben leaves, with a smile on his lips, never to be seen again (on the Smash community)

(Yes I know I'm doing more harm than good I'm sorry)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Y'all in despair, while I'm getting my popcorn ready and setting up my viewing area for a 40 minute Smash Direct. The hardest part was the anxiety of not knowing--in less than two days, we'll know.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I understand that. But if he’s an assist trophy again I’d rather him not be there at all. It’s just a slap in the face after being removed in Smash 4.
I understand it's bittersweet, but having nothing over something because it wasn't as you wanted it seems a little petulant to me. I get how seeing him might sting and remind people of how he didn't become playable, but looking at it as if the glass were half full instead of empty... this'll be his first appearance in eight years. This'll be his first appearance in HD. I'm gonna be happy just seeing him again.

I mean, am I disappointed he's not playable? Sure. But I just like Isaac... I'll take the character however I can. Now maybe if he was K. Rool or Ridley levels of popularity I'd be a bit more peeved, but he wasn't. Prior to like... August, most people were counting him out anyway.

Part of me was scared he was gonna be nothing again. He obviously deserved more than that, but that was also true for Smash 4.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
why are we just believing incineroar and ken again
People are bummed about Isaac and getting stupidly pessimistic. Come on guys, I know it sucks, but there hasn't been a single leaker that said it's only two characters.

There are just characters coming that aren't on the banner.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Maybe my "totally factual" conspiracy is real, and that Incineroar is in fact getting Zavok from Sonic Lost World as his echo fighter!,

My bold prediction.

jk.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
See? This I don't believe. I've believed him up to this point, but coming out after everyone else has and saying it is just him piggybacking off THEIR information.

I honestly think Verge didn't get any information at all beyond his Incineroar/Ken/Square Rep info and then he was just cut off and he's now just saying what everyone else is saying.

Otherwise due to the very nature of his character? He'd have been the first to say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom