• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
vergeben, the master of backpedalling. He's trying to claim that Incineroar is DLC now? NO. He originally said he would be part of the base roster. This guy flipflops so much he could be a politician. He clearly doesn't know everything about the roster.
View attachment 173835
I don't believe Vergeben even uses twitter; definitely never brought it up in the past at all. It always amuses me how desperate people are to take a dump on him.

Also, that Spirits song sounds... generic. Like somebody might've cobbled it together in half an hour with garageband or something. I dunno, just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I want Arle Nadja playable... and I also want Dual Audio so I have the chance to scream "Bayoen!" at people over and over.

Ei! Fire! Ice Storm! Diacute! Brain Dumbed! Bayoen! Bayoen! Bayoen! Bayoen! Bayoen! Bayoen!
Ringo echo fighter please.

Sine! Cosine! Tangent! Algorithm! Algorithm! Algorithm! Algorithm!

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY hope there’s no last minute crazy leak (one that’s undeniably real). I just want to hear it from Sakurai himself, not some dork who wants a few hours of fame.

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
vergeben, the master of backpedalling. He's trying to claim that Incineroar is DLC now? NO. He originally said he would be part of the base roster. This guy flipflops so much he could be a politician. He clearly doesn't know everything about the roster.
View attachment 173835
That's a fake twitter account, Vergeben stated that he doesn't use twitter.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
vergeben, the master of backpedalling. He's trying to claim that Incineroar is DLC now, at this point, after the Grinch leak, when he didn't before? NO. He originally said he would be part of the base roster. This guy flipflops so much he could be a politician. He clearly doesn't know everything about the roster.
View attachment 173835
Shoutout to SuperSceptile for ****talking Verge without even realizing HE DOESN'T HAVE A TWITTER

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
View attachment 173835
...Vergeben has stated that he only uses GameFAQs and Reddit to leak. Any other account is a fake unless he acknowledges it himself, which he has not.

C’mon dude...

Untouch

Smash Master
vergeben, the master of backpedalling. He's trying to claim that Incineroar is DLC now, at this point, after the Grinch leak, when he didn't before? NO. He originally said he would be part of the base roster. This guy flipflops so much he could be a politician. He clearly doesn't know everything about the roster.
View attachment 173835
That's not him, he doesn't use Twitter.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Even if the grinch leak is real or fake, we can all agree on one thing: It's guaranteed to reveal more than 2 characters. So either way the box theory is ****ed. I hope the characters are worthwhile enough for the reveal though...

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Chadnondorf post is based on the image. Everything he said about cuts and everything is bull****. What that means is that he based the list on what he saw on the image and didn't see Skull Kid
I am not sure I follow. Are you saying the two eyes next to Mach Rider IS Skull kid? If you are, what does MTP have to do with anything?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
See, I was about to let it go until you put quotation marks around "echo chamber". And now I feel you're taking an objective observation personally. If I change the term will it not come off as harsh? Because I'm really not trying to come off as harsh but I feel like I'm still not being understood.

Here's an example. Geno is popular within this community-- and Mario's, sure, if you want to, though that's a stretch considering the worldwide appeal of the franchise to casual audiences who have no idea what the **** a Geno is-- in the same way, say, Rebecca Chambers is in Resident Evil. Many who know and love Resident Evil know who she is from the minor role she played in the original and her starring role in the prequel. When she was added to Mercenaries Reunion in RE5, her fans were ecstatic. This is all great, and she's popular. Woohoo.

If I were to then say that Rebecca Chambers is the most popular Capcom character, though, I'd be so wrong. She's not even the face of her own franchise, nor is she a recurring character outside of her small role. Far, far, far more people can name Jill Valentine or Leon S. Kennedy than they can Rebecca Chambers. Even more people can name Ryu. Or Mega Man. Doesn't diminish her fans (me), but saying that she's the most popular, or even one of the most popular, characters is a measurable falsehood. It's not meant to be negative at all, and this observation doesn't diminish her or Geno's "deserving" of a roster spot in their respective games. I hope he gets in. But "most popular?" Not by any measure outside of the Smash community during hype cycles. And comparing his popularity to the likes of Final Fantasy is like a squirrel picking a fight with a family of bears.

That's not a bad thing at all! Everyone loves an underdog. And liking a lesser-known character makes it all the more personal for you. I know, because my Smash wish was Daisy. And I wanted Daisy so badly-- but I never kid myself into thinking she was more popular than Pokemon. Or even Peach. Or... Toad. I hope Geno fans get the same moment I did when I saw Daisy come onscreen. Because it feels amazing.

But c'mon. Most popular? C'mon.
I never said most popular, though? Don't know where you're getting that from. In fact, I already acknowledged he's nowhere near the tier of other third parties in Smash already.

And I seriously meant nothing putting quotations around echo chamber other than "If that's what you want to call it".

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Even if the grinch leak is real or fake, we can all agree on one thing: It's guaranteed to reveal more than 2 characters. So either way the box theory is ****ed. I hope the characters are worthwhile enough for the reveal though...
As much as I expect it to, no I can't agree with you on that.

Sakurai is simply unpredictable. Do I think we're gonna get more than 2 characters? Yea. Can I 100% agree, guaranteed? No.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Box literally can't get debunked unless we get someone other than Kencineroar/Geno

It's not a leak like everything else its just a theory based on box art

As for Grinch, it depends on who/what you trust. Insiders unanimously think its bogus, but you could think the images are proof enough
By box I didn't mean the theory (I've never believed in that theory, doesn't make sense for me)
I meant the photo that was posted like 3 hours ago in 4chan, of the case of the game along with the cart and a bag with the logo of the game. Sorry if it was misunderstood.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
View attachment 173835
This guy NEVER said he knew everything about the roster, him missing a few reveals already should have been proof of that by now.

Other than that, I don't even remember him saying Icineroar was def base, he just confirmed he was in. I'd need a source claiming he was base. I find it interesting though, as most all insiders are now saying Incineroar might be DLC

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
This guy, NEVER said he knew everything about the roster, him missing a few reveals already should have been proof of that by now.

Other than that, I don't even remember him saying Icineroar was def base, he just confirmed he was in. I'd need a source claiming he was base. I find it interesting though, as most all insiders are now saying Incineroar might be DLC
Vergeben doesn't use Twitter
...Vergeben has stated that he only uses GameFAQs and Reddit to leak. Any other account is a fake unless he acknowledges it himself, which he has not.

C’mon dude...
Shoutout to SuperSceptile for ****talking Verge without even realizing HE DOESN'T HAVE A TWITTER
That's a fake twitter account, Vergeben stated that he doesn't use twitter.
I'm so sorry guys. I didn't realize he didn't have a Twitter account. My bad. I still don't trust him, though.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Why on earth are people conflating Ridley and lack of relevancy?

The dragon's been in damn near all of the Metroids, to the point where he was retconned into one. Dude's a driving force of the series.
Metroid was dead until Samus Return tho, which came 2 years after the project plan thing. The only games before that were Other M and Federation Force.

Edit: Is the website acting up? It just swapped a quote for another unrelated post.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
As much as I expect it to, no I can't agree with you on that.

Sakurai is simply unpredictable. Do I think we're gonna get more than 2 characters? Yea. Can I 100% agree, guaranteed? No.
Dude, I'm really thinking you're in denial at this point, stop being a damn downer and enjoy yourself.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I never said most popular, though? Don't know where you're getting that from. In fact, I already acknowledged he's nowhere near the tier of other third parties in Smash already.

And I seriously meant nothing putting quotations around echo chamber other than "If that's what you want to call it".
Again, this all started from me refuting another poster who said he was Square's most popular character, then you came in.

But it's good. We're good. Go Team Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom