• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't believe Jon anymore now after his "Isaac not relevant" and "Viridi Palutena Echo" comments. Still putting cards into the Grinch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also if Isaac can't get in because of relevancy despite being a fan favorite from a dead franchise.

How would Chibi Robo slip into the roster? He's been struggling himself too. Not quite as dead as Isaac's franchise, but phew those last few games.

And I'm someone who'd love Chibi Robo to get in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Fane

Smash Journeyman
After Sakurai basically apologized for so much Kid Icarus Uprising in Sm4sh, I heavily doubt this.
Not to mention Viridi doesn't have the right size/shape to be a Palutena echo.

She'd have to be an Isabelle case. Medusa is the more likely echo of Palutena if we get any KI character.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Viridi is way too short to be a Palutena echo.
As someone who likes Viridi, i can see Sakurai and the team pushing the boundaries of a echo by taking upon a smaller build/new animations but same moveset ordeal.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
How can Jon say that Isaac isn't relevant enough then say Chibi Robo will be in lol. Sounds like bias based on what franchises he has played and enjoys tbh.

Anyway, the Gamexplain video is pretty good. I like their stance on the Grinch Leak - pretty much, we'll ignore it so we can speculate freely. That way they still talk about stuff the might happen outside of the banner.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How can Jon say that Isaac isn't relevant enough then say Chibi Robo will be in lol. Sounds like bias based on what franchises he has played and enjoys tbh.

Anyway, the Gamexplain video is pretty good. I like their stance on the Grinch Leak - pretty much, we'll ignore it so we can speculate freely. That way they still talk about stuff the might happen outside of the banner.
What video? What stance?

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
I remind y'all to temper your expectations for Thursday; Nintendo (and Sakurai especially) has a knack for taking our expectations and flipping them on their heads. We were expecting Simon and got Richter too, we were expecting Isabelle to be a Villager clone but she received her own moveset and while most of us are expecting at least half a dozen new characters, Mashed Potato Samurai can toss all of that on its head with only a handful of newcomers.

Just stay chill.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think the reasoning 'Medusa can't be an echo of Palutena because she doesn't have Light Powers' is weak. She has DARK Powers. The opposite of light. Easy color swap.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo would be... uhhh... quite surprising at this point.
I mean, he's got some fan support, but I don't think anyone is claiming he dominated the ballot. And his last game didnt't exactly light up the sales charts, before which the producers said it could be the last game in the series.
So not massively popular, and has little no future? Unless Sakurai has some brilliant moveset cooking in his brain, I'm struggling to see why this would happen...
Not hating, I'd actually be more interested for this than some of the Grinch characters, but still.
Oh, and Viridi is a stage element with very different proportions than Palutena.
They've obviously dropped suspicious "predictions" in the past, but man, I just can't find myself believing it here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After Sakurai basically apologized for so much Kid Icarus Uprising in Sm4sh, I heavily doubt this.
...however...between Kirby and Kid Icarus Sakurai obviously loves the latter more and will say “**** my words” and bring in the entire Uprising Cast
Well...

At least this Direct will kill the Grinch leak once and for all, real or fake
If it’s real it wouldn’t be killed...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Listen i don't wanna sound rude but Jon, GX, please:

Shut the **** up.
You are not entitled to any information from insiders. This is exactly the sort of sentiment and reactions that we as a community should be avoiding.

Is it okay to be angry? Yes.
But is it okay to curse them out? No.

Be the better person man.
Seriously dude. Please calm down.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Conspiracy Theory:

The grinch leak was collaborated by Nintendo and Sakurai himself to fool everyone.

There, I said it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Finally watched the Gamexplain video. My only comment is I couldn't stop laughing about how they tried to segue into Incineroar without mentioning that they've heard he's been in since probably earlier this year. :joyful:

As well as the other "insider characters." Wouldn't have noticed that by just keeping track of things casually as I had in the past.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't buy the claim from jon that geno is dlc.

Geno makes more sense for a base game pick.

He's big and would make money, but why put Sora in the base game, when Sora as DLC would literally be this:

I don't see square passing up on that sweet cash money sora would make as DLC compared to Geno as DLC.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Thank goodness it’s the day after Halloween, if it was after an ordinary day the wait would be absolutely unbearable!

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Finally caught up and HOLY ****!!! The Final Smash Direct is the 1st!? And its 40 mins long!?

I was honestly expecting a General Direct and then the FS Direct. I am kind of dumbfounded by this.

Also, who the HELL is suggesting Geno or Banjo are Assist Trophies!? 3rd Parties are just gonna go "Yeah, use our character, but don't make them playable"

REALLY!?

I just hope we get the final roster revealed to use with this one. One could be shown in a General Direct (Which is why I thought that would be first).

Although, if we don't hear Sakurai say "This is the Final Roster" Then there could be more...IDK what to think right now.

Getting hype build up!
Bomber man is a third party assist

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Pretty much. Whenever they’ve talked about Isaac or Golden Sun Andre couldn’t give a **** less and usually shuts it down pretty fast.

When it comes to Smash they seemingly talk about what interests them for the most part which is fine, it’s their video.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

He's big and would make money, but why put Sora in the base game, when Sora as DLC would literally be this:

I don't see square passing up on that sweet cash money sora would make as DLC compared to Geno as DLC.
Of course the damn uploader is down.

Warchamp7 Warchamp7 Sakurai set the place on fire again, send help.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Also, if DOOMGUY is DLC, he doesn't need to be E10 rated since DLC can be rated differently, that's one of the main arguments I see against him (I don't personally agree with it but people say that).
Is there a source on this? As a big fan of Uprising, I'd find this bit of information to be of great interest.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
People are dumb; I can totally see someone doing all this without realizing just how deep the hot water bath they're about to take is.
True that, I don’t think we consider that possibility a lot. For me, it’s also the fact that the company hasn’t said anything yet. I feel that any firm would want to disassociate themselves with this level of sleuthing, if they weren’t under NDA. Just a thought tho.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Geno will work either way though

- Being the last or second to last character announced on the base roster is enough to hype the roster

- DLC will hype up people into buying a popular character that's heavily requested

If Geno does end up DLC, I'll buy the **** out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom