• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good morning. 92 pages in one night? Nice.

There was no Team Hmmm, so I voted Team Fake. Did I missed anything?

Shroob

Sup?
Who's in favor of re-opening the leak discussion thread for all this team real and team fake bullcrap and leaving the general thread free of it again?

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Has this post been linked yet? It's an amazing read. I didn't buy mariotehplumber theory, but now it looks pretty real and it's too hilarious to be true – he basically accidentally leaked the entire roster for real while trying to troll everyone lmao
I must be losing my mind. How is this happening. I need sleep...

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
**** off with that victim blaming garbage. You are part of the problem.

No one should feel ****ing discouraged from bringing up potential evidence against your precious leak, and if you think otherwise, you don't belong here.
Your "evidence" has been debunked. No need to throw a tantrum over it.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Real or not, Fake or not, Silent or not

The fact is the Paper Mario stage is now on the console game stage list, meaning it will get so much more songs than the Paper Mario Medley and the Dream Team song.

Bring on the Koopa Bros, Rawk Hawk, Lineland Road, and General Guy songs/remixes.

The silver lining we all needed

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
It's called a hint of compassion, pal.

I think most people understand Mystic made his bed and is lying in it, but no need to come off colder than a McDonalds hamburger left in the freezer for a year.
Of course I'm going to come off cold when people like you have kept treating leakers' (aka attention seekers) words as gospel and trying to antagonize anyone who didn't believe in vergeben. Trying to guilt trip other people into feeling bad about something that wasn't even their fault to begin with.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
This is what I'm talking about. I make a comment about how people should consider if they're being too toxic. Boom, toxic response. Now someone's suggesting we spam the company in question. I know I was about to be done, but 3 seconds after I posted this happened. I'm going to sleep.
I never suggested we do that. It is a possibility, but I never suggested it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Truth to be told, you are not acting any better, even if what you said was true. Cursing at me and saying things like I don't belong here because of something of a "precious leak" which I did not even say? I think you have a problem, for I was trying not to discourage anyone. I was just saying.
You literally said you were glad he "felt remorse" for posting something that went against the status quo. Realize how toxic that is, please.

D

Deleted member

What? Mystic himself said that this was his fault. Sorry, pal, but guilt tripping isn't going to work on us.
Hey, asshat. The guy may have just lost his job over this. It's called showing remorse and compassion for someone who could be going through some very tough ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
My dream for DLC characters is that a bunch of ATs get promoted. The ones that are KO-able and appear to have a "mini moveset" would all be perfect additions to an already stunning roster.

I want Knuckles, Zero, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Alucard, Waluigi, Sukapon, Takemaru, Krystal... Probably forgetting some other good ones.

Also, if Mach Rider is in, I'd really love to see an Excitebike alt costume, or even some subtle Excitebike inspiration in the moveset.

Shroob

Sup?
Of course I'm going to come off cold when people like you have kept treating leakers' (aka attention seekers) words as gospel and trying to antagonize anyone who didn't believe in vergeben. Trying to guilt trip other people into feeling bad about something that wasn't even their fault to begin with.
I mean, if you actually did your research, you'd have found that I've had a very, very open stance on "I don't think Vergeben is legit" stance, but nice trying to make me into your imaginary boogeyman.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Who's in favor of re-opening the leak discussion thread for all this team real and team fake bullcrap and leaving the general thread free of it again?
To be honest I don't understand why this site doesn't have a dedicated leak thread. Like every other site has one, even the Smash Bros. subreddit has megathreads just for this leak.

So I guess I'm in favor.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
**** off with that victim blaming garbage. You are part of the problem.

No one should feel ****ing discouraged from bringing up potential evidence against your precious leak, and if you think otherwise, you don't belong here.
And likewise, no one should feel discouraged from bringing up potential evidence against the words of insiders. It works both ways.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You literally said you were glad he "felt remorse" for posting something that went against the status quo. Realize how toxic that is, please.
I did not mean that in a bad way, or toxic way, ya know. Maybe that wasn't the right thing to say, but I meant no harm. I think you are just making a big thing out of this.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Tbh I'd rather have everything consolidated in one place so I don't have to follow two threads. Chaos reigns.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
Good morning. 92 pages in one night? Nice.

There was no Team Hmmm, so I voted Team Fake. Did I missed anything?
It was a lot of... less than stellar stuff today. If you wanted to know more about Mystic's situation, or rumors of a direct this week by some of the insiders, there was some stuff there. Overall today was mostly skip-able, and might be for the best if you don't like heated arguments between people on the forum.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'm on Team Elma, personally. Y'all should be on Team Elma, too. She's a great leader, and Lin is a wonderful cook. While you're at it, you should become a BLADE and help us search for the Lifehold.

No need to come off colder than a McDonalds hamburger left in the freezer for a year.
That's a very specific sandwich choice.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
There are already so many layers of complexity involved with this from the perspective of someone trying to fake a leak. To suggest that they deliberately found and selected an employee who used to work for one company and then moved to another, got both of them on board, and then deliberately had massive amounts of negative press generated about them all to trick the Smash fanbase into thinking we got the Ultimate roster so that we can inevitably be disappointed albeit surprised is an idea which transcends consideration.
Well, were this the case, everyone in the banner would be playable, plus the Grinch.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think people are severely overestimating the amount of dlc characters that we'll get. The majority of the dlc lists I see have at least over 10 extra newcomers. It think like Smash 4 dlc it will only run for a year and that there will only be 5/6 unique newcomers max.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So have people calmed down compared to a few hours ag...

I guess not.

I think we've might of reached our breaking point guys.

Please announce something this week Sakurai/Nintendo. I'm not sure how much longer the community can "hold itself together".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok, here’s a non-leak discussion topic:

Is there a character that you wanted previously and probably had a shot in appearing but due to reasons, it never happened for one reason or another?

For me, anime Meowth would had been a better Pokemon rep thank Jigglypuff. It would of been awesome to had him in 64.
Lyn.

• Marth was the first Lord and Roy was put in for advertisement for Melee and FE6 didn't exist yet, much less FE7, so it's obvious why she didn't make that.
  • Then when FE7 came out, she was skipped over due to IS releasing FE9 later, a sort of renaissance for Fire Emblem games and return to home consoles, making Ike more relevant.
  • However, she was too popular not to be acknowledged in some way so she was turned into an assist trophy.
  • Then 4 came out hot on the heels of FE13, an explosion of new fans and popularity practically guaranteed a rep from that game, leaving Lyn to be an assist trophy yet again.
  • Then FE14 was announced and Corrin was put in Smash as another advertisement, bringing the fan tedium of Fire Emblem characters to the brinking point and guaranteeing no new Fire Emblem lord for the next game's base roster.
  • Then Ultimate was announced and its focus was clear, bring back everything old, which relied on heavy asset reuse with returning stages, characters, items, and assist trophies, including of course, the new non-relevant Lyn.
So here we are, one of the most unique Fire Emblem fighters, and bar none the most popular female Fire Emblem character, left as an assist trophy for ten years.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
This is what I'm talking about. I make a comment about how people should consider if they're being too toxic. Boom, toxic response. Now someone's suggesting we spam the company in question. I know I was about to be done, but 3 seconds after I posted this happened. I'm going to sleep.
btw I really dont think people are acting that bad on here. Idk what you were referencing with the original post. Sometimes you can see someone have their egos rustled and start being a bit of an asshole, but other than that I haven't seen anything that bad

osby

Smash Obsessed
It was a lot of... less than stellar stuff today. If you wanted to know more about Mystic's situation, or rumors of a direct this week by some of the insiders, there was some stuff there. Overall today was mostly skip-able, and might be for the best if you don't like heated arguments between people on the forum.
Yeah, I saw we already catched up to the last thread in terms of hot debates. Like, right now.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Good Lord, I am utterly ashamed to be on Team Real at this point. I've already been starting to have my doubts about it, but this is actively making me want to have nothing to do with it.

The leak isn't invincible. At all. Stop it.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I don't think I've seen this mentioned once the whole time I've watched this thread.
How bad*** woukd it be if Conker got unveiled as DLC, complete with flamethrowers, katanas and chainsaws? I think I would become incredibly emotional just based off how hilarious that'd be

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Whoever started this whole tongue thing (I am not mentioning names) really should have refrained from posting it. Thanks to that, we have another war on our hands that really is not needed and is over something as small as a video game, in other words, not worth arguing about. Whoever brought this up should not be happy, even if the whole war coming from this was unintentional. I think we should cool off with bringing up points on whether this leak is fake or real. Otherwise, more problems will be caused, and we will just make ourselves look even worse than just bad. Okay?
It was still his choice, though, whether or not he was told to do so. He should have thought of this more carefully if it was him.
I'm going to be extremely frank with you.

You took Swamp's image, and started drawing conclusions based on it. You saw pink in an area that pink only exists because of compression, and used that to argue Greninja's tongue was longer than it even is in the official banner, where we can clearly see the end of it. You didn't bother looking for a better quality version first, you just used what you saw and started making an argument based on it.

So it's pretty hypocritical to judge someone for sharing a gif they didn't even make just because the conclusions drawn from it were based on those same quality issues.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Now that I think of it, they could just take a shortcut on the resources and make the Paper Mario stage serve as Geno's home stage.

It's still obstensibly the Mario RPGs stage, and now there's supposed room for a Minecraft stage or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom