• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No, Link will rip off Bokoblin throats with his clawshot as he slices the heads off other Bokoblins with his sword, then a giant Moblin shows up and he shoves a bomb in their mouth until they explode to pieces.

Being serious, I hope this is true, I just finished S2 of Castlevania and it was amazing
I lost it when Bloody Tears played holy ****
I'm assuming there were some legitimate bloody tears in that scene...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not going to lie, I just wanna go home.
I won't show it if you don't want it, but I will say I consider it so damning that I think it'd persuade any reasonable individual.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm still not sure what happened with Mystic, can someone fill me in?

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
So the Legend of Zelda TV show possibly is in development right now..

WELL EXXCUUUUUUUSSEE MEEE NINTENDO!
If this is true,
Please be good.
Please be good.
PLEASE BE GOOD.
...Also I don't want Link to talk in the show either. He might unleash another 'Excuse Me, Princess' 2.0.

D

Deleted member

Man, work has me beat. What's good, though, is that supposedly, I'll have Thursday off, when the Smash Direct will happen, so nice.
Anything I missed?

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
>'Why won't these stuck-up, worthless insiders tell us anything? They're all talking out of their rears.'
>Insider risks and possibly loses his whole career in an attempt to prove he has information
>'Welp it's his own fault, the dummy shouldn't have spoken.'

What do you people even want? Christ...

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Base Roster
Isaac
Banjo
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Mach Rider

Chorus Kids

... 4 new characters at E3 2019 then 2 characters are added every month until a 3rd party blowout at E3 2020...

E3 2019 Day One
Sora (+ stage)
Roxas (echo)

E3 2019 Day Two
Incineroar (+ stage)
Springman (+ stage)

July 2019
Dixie
(semi)
Funky (echo)

August 2019
Hades
Medusa
(semi)

September 2019
Porky
Masked Man
(semi)

October 1 2019
Skull Kid
Tingle

October 31 2019
King Boo
Dry Bowser
(echo)

November 2019
Rex & Pyra

Elma

December 2019
Waluigi
(+ stage)
Birdo (semi)

January 2020
Tails (+ stage)
Knuckles (semi)

February 2020
Celica (echo)
Black Knight (echo)

March 2020
Ganon
Impa (echo)

April 2020
Chibi-Robo
(+ stage)
Captain Rainbow (+ stage)

May 2020
Paper Mario
Captain Toad & Toadette
(duo)

E3 2020 Day 1
Dante

Monster Hunter
(+ stage)
Dragon Quest rep (+ stage)
Shovel Knight (+ stage)
Sephiroth (+ stage)

E3 2020 Day 2
Bomberman
(+ stage)
Loyd Irving (+ stage)
Phoenix Wright (+ stage)
Rayman (+ stage)
Goku (+ stage)
max nut if this was legit, except for pig ganon

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Maybe the info the mystic guy gave out was bait so they tracked him through his source. Now he's in deep. Could explain why he's the only insider who's seemingly in trouble.

EndlessPillows

Smash Rookie
Except they’re literally not. There’s several people who ******* about insiders being vague that are now blaming Mystic for being too open. Don’t try that ****.
While I'm 100% against what some people have been doing to insiders (Toxicity, harassing, blaming, saying "it's their own fault" etc) there is a big difference between an insider saying they "don't want to talk about the leak at all"/keeping quiet/not engaging vs saying they have a bunch of hidden info that they aren't going to share.

awert

Smash Rookie
It’s quite obvious I was refrencing those who are fickle as **** about what they want instead of “generalizing”.
Not really, you originally phrased it claiming that most people who were questioning insiders on Twitter are the same people who are claiming they should keep their mouth shut. It's an obvious generalization, since you just based your comment off the actions of a small group of people who acted that way. I never hounded an insider for any info but according to you, people who said that Mystic made a mistake are people who were hounding insiders before. Not like it matters though in the end, no one wants to see someone lose their job over stupid smash speculation. But let this be a lesson to both the rabid smash fans and insiders.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
>'Why won't these stuck-up, worthless insiders tell us anything? They're all talking out of their rears.'
>Insider risks and possibly loses his whole career in an attempt to prove he has information

He literally said himself it was his own fault. He literally said that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Ooooooh that's who they're referring to when people MTP.

Yeah this could totally be his work. Dude's absolutely insane, especially to the point of framing someone like S_B S_B has said. He'd totally do that alongside things like looking into London Comic-Con and seeing that Illumination is co-sponsoring it with Nintendo and setting up hints for fans to find.

Dude's more crazy than that one Lloyd fan who faked multiple leaks solely for the sake of drawing attention to Lloyd within the speculation scene.
It might work out for Bricard after all, because MTP seems to have a decent amount of money that I'm sure Bricard's lawyers would love to relieve him of.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
I've not been on these boards long, but watching the mayhem these leaks/rumors cause is almost nostalgic. Smash isn't the only fan base to go ape**** over stuff like this. I'm also part of the Doctor Who fandom, and when missing episodes of the show came back with hints/promises of more to come ... the fandom went crazy. (The fandom dedicated to 60s episodes of the show that is).

Everything popped up from speculation, mudslinging, leakers, insiders, sources, "trust me" posters, "jobs are on the line" threats, "we compared notes and sources", "they'll announce it on a holiday for sure", "I heard that this leak was a fake leak from BBC to catch the real leaker", etc, etc, etc. Fans harassed anyone involved with the recovery/restoration, and some fans had the gall to call up and pester innocent employees in Nigeria all because they were convinced more was found there. It was insane ...

And all because the fandom was hungry for more, and the hype fed them. They couldn't wait. And it cost jobs and friendships. It tarnished credibility needlessly, and built up martyrs and heroes who really don't deserve the credit.

This is about as crazy as that was .... barring the calling up Nigerian TV stations ....

... please don't call Nigeria. I promise you no one there knows who's in the base game.

Point is, I know some of you are frustrated with all of this. Please take a step back and realize that your love for the game is good, but the intense passion isn't worth your sanity, friendships, or job. Don't let someone piss you off, don't let the leaks bring you down, don't let this get to your head .... because as I learned from my own experiences you will eventually circle back to loving it all over again. Just give it time, let the Nintendo Direct (If there is one coming up, fingers crossed) clear the air, and get ready for some SMASH in DECEMBER! :3

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just don't want to be buried in"WELL ACTUALLY"

D

Deleted member

*sigh* This goddamn fanbase could pass for a level 5 quarantine mental psychopath in intensive treatement.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

“If you have information and are offering to give it out for Internet points, just give it out without being so coy.

However, you should know he consequences of giving out that information in the first place, and if you don’t want to, by all means don’t. But you clearly do want to, since you’re telling everyone you have information.”

What’s so difficult to understand about that?

Dan_Sic

Smash Rookie
Smash is my favorite videogame and a complete family tradition for me and my brothers, it is my childhood and my favorite pastime; and even after that, after what it means to me, I find the amount of drama on these boards just staggering. I always hated people that said this, but this time I mean it entirely: Chill, It is a videogame and a bunch of characters, no need to insult, no need to get mad, no need to lost your credibility as a professional for and much less needed to harass said person.

Everybody just chill, this is ridiculous.

Let's have fun instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom