• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

bit of a misconception, it was actually phil swift who went to lunch with nintendo, not phil spencer. he offered to seal all potential leaks with flex-tape in exchange for being playable in smash bros, but they declined
look who's laughing now
It just works!

D

Deleted member

this thread was a mistake
Well this thread IS an anime now.

I just can't determine if the Grinch is our saga villain, or misunderstood hero.

Also, I just realized: We haven't completed giving everyone roles! Who's our Goku? And most importantly, who's our Kirito? :troll:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The most later date they could show the Direct is in the next week?
Also do you guys think we will get a only Smash Direct for sure or It could be a general direct focusing more on Smash?

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
What are the odds we won't get anything until December 6th? :bobomb:
I'd say low. Sakurai said they'd reveal the whole cast before launch. And the banner is going to be part of the marketing. The final banner is NOT going up only 1 day before release.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
0%
We haven't gone over Spirits, Sakurai pretty explicitly stated he wanted to talk about it in the future.
I was half joking but it also reflects my abject pessimism at how ****tily this drought is going.

November is the LGPE shilling month after all...they may wait until after LGPE releases to not overshadow it with Smash...

It's insane to think they could keep us in the dark for so long and yet, entirely possible given how much they're stringing us along.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I've heard some conflicting reports about the Smash Switch bundle. Is the game preloaded and just locked until December, or is there a download code in the box that isn't active until December?

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
So I see we have a new thread; that's cool.

Anyway...

So I realized the banners in the leak aren't hanging, but they are still in the paper; the plastic just fooled me.

However, I noticed what may be a hole for a hook or something; maybe it is actually for the ornament diagram underneath the "LOL," something to keep it in place:

View attachment 173282

Also, I have seen this new "leak" trying to prove a point, and I must say:

-The guy didn't even use art that's close to the art in the leak, including both the characters and the background; everything was existing assets
-He didn't make the other stuff in the leak
-The materials he's using are obviously not the kind you'd find in a company like ACP, and look different from the Grinch Leak's
-We already know it can be faked, but it's gonna have to be with actual printshop materials, so we're still stuck waiting for the direct

Because of the materials, the leak seems like it needs to have come from someone who actually works for a company like this.
Not to mention that the fake banner he made also looks like trash, it's nowhere as clean and organized as the grinch leak

D

Deleted member

So I've heard some conflicting reports about the Smash Switch bundle. Is the game preloaded and just locked until December, or is there a download code in the box that isn't active until December?
Last I read, there's a download code. I imagine preload will go live pretty close after it comes out, though. Nintendo usually lets people preload their titles close to a month before they come out.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys I fixed it. Removed Etika because my guy is not feeling too well and put you guys at True Neutral because you are really 50/50. 4chan is completely sold on it and Chaotic for obious reasons, and Resetera is on the edge of being 100% fake because they believe Twitter ''Insiders'' who have ''sources''. The Evils are there because they're all covering something, or in an absolute descent torwards madness (go read recent Vergeben posts)
allignements.jpg

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if I'm late to ask this old-ass question, but has the method of reading the censored game mode been produced by more than one person. I'm talking about "Spirits". I remember that someone fiddled with some settings where they could actually read through the blur, but has anyone else ever reproduced this to confirm that it is indeed called "Spirits"?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’d say that it could go either way, but I think it might be a download code.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm sorry if I'm late to ask this old-*** question, but has the method of reading the censored game mode been produced by more than one person. I'm talking about "Spirits". I remember that someone fiddled with some settings where they could actually read through the blur, but has anyone else ever reproduced this to confirm that it is indeed called "Spirits"?
Yes, the same thing came up in the Japanese direct where the Kanji translated to Spirits as well.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
PHIL SPENCER WENT TO LUNCH WITH NINTEDO AT E3!!! WHAT?!?!?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/KantoPancakes/status/1056724709549719552?s=19

This is the same E3 at which Sakurai was physically present. Holy ****ing ****, if this is not a confirmation, idk what is. Also, did you listen to that little slip up he had. "Because we're a big 3rd party-" am I hearing wrong, or did he almost let it slip that they're gonna be 3rd party for Smash?

Goddamn son.
Or or

This could be two friendly colleagues having a nice lunch. :)

Darkurai

Smash Master
The latter. Download code.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
:ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultbayonetta:

There are still quite a few characters left.
Given that, if they do posts for them en masse, all veterans will be done by the end of next month. They need to put out that Direct, and fast.

Bros, this is where the Smashboards Anime Season 2 begins, we ****ing killed the old season.
Luckily Noipoi Noipoi has been working on the key art for it.

Yo guys, if we were to get 3rd party DLC characters, who would you want? I legitimately cant think of any
Rayman, Shantae, Ms. Pac-Man, Klonoa, Crash, just about any uncovered Sonic character.

And that's just scratching the surface.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Well, I'd say 6602 pages or whatever it was is a milestone. Here's for at least 1000-2000 in the new thread between Direct bombs and release date :D

D

Deleted member

Ok guys I fixed it. Removed Etika because my guy is not feeling too well and put you guys at True Neutral because you are really 50/50. 4chan is completely sold on it and Chaotic for obious reasons, and Resetera is on the edge of being 100% fake because they believe Twitter ''Insiders'' who have ''sources''. The Evils are there because they're all covering something, or in an absolute descent torwards madness (go read recent Vergeben posts)
View attachment 173283
>Chaotic Evil
>not ResetERA
Step up your game senpai.

beans

Smash Lord
New thread huh.
Guess the mods saw we were getting closer to 6969
They werent ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom