• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Octobers over in two days. It's weird how we went the whole month without news.
I honestly can't believe it. Two months before one of Nintendo's biggest and most shocking video games to date... and we still don't know much about it. 90% of what we learned we learned at E3, or in the following days by analyzing the character trailers. Since then we've had a few character reveals, which is about 8%, and Isabelle, which is about 2%. We still have no idea on what modes are going to be like for the most part, we don't know about online, and even then most of what we do "know" is from leaks or guesstimation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Prediction time! How many pages will this thread have before we get a new direct? Let's assume it's on November 8th.

I'm thinking, maybe 300.

D

Deleted member

Octobers over in two days. It's weird how we went the whole month without news.
Definitely reminds me of July, except everyone's patience is even less because of how close we are to release. :p

I think I figured it out...If Grinch Leak is real, he's saving us from the Box! The Grinch is our All Might!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yo guys, if we were to get 3rd party DLC characters, who would you want? I legitimately cant think of any
Doom Slayer
Dante
Nightmare
Kiryu Kazuma
Fulgore
Alisa/Lindow
Master Chief

They're super unlikely so I won't hold my breath for 'em

peachy!

super princess
A general Direct on the 1st and a Smash one next week on the 8th seem plausible. We could even get a Smash character reveal in the general Direct so the next one isn't too packed.

D

Deleted member

Ah right, I've wanted to say some things for a while now so it's good to leave it on record:
  • Insiders have no reason to damage control. The truth will eventially be revealed, this isn't some government conspiracy where they hope the truth will never come out. Nintendo would simply be asking for these people to ruin their own reputation.
  • Papagenos is not a credible source. If you don't believe insiders for whatever reason, you shouldn't believe him either. That new Banjo theory is stupid too and not how game development works at all.
  • Whether you argue for or against a leak, it won't change the outcome. People should try being more skeptical and, specially those who WANT it to be true, to try to prove it fake as much as they possibly can. Trying to prove it real won't make it any more real in the event it ends up being fake no matter how many details you find and it only raises false hopes, meanwhile, trying to prove it fake won't make it any less real if it ends up being legit and prepares you for a better outcome than if you believed it either way.
  • Don't believe rumors saying a Direct will be on the 8th, that's when the Grinch movie comes out, that's the joke, you absolute dumdums.
  • The Wonderful 101 music better be in the game or me and Sakurai will have a serious adult talk that may or may not end with knives.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
PHIL SPENCER WENT TO LUNCH WITH NINTEDO AT E3!!! WHAT?!?!?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/KantoPancakes/status/1056724709549719552?s=19

This is the same E3 at which Sakurai was physically present. Holy ****ing ****, if this is not a confirmation, idk what is. Also, did you listen to that little slip up he had. "Because we're a big 3rd party-" am I hearing wrong, or did he almost let it slip that they're gonna be 3rd party for Smash?

Goddamn son.
"We're a big third-party on their-"

Let's gooooooo

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Remember, it’s very likely that if Phil and Nintendo reached a deal in June over Banjo, it may be about dlc. And also, I can’t see them having a discussion about future plans without mentioning Banjo for Smash, especially since he probably did good in the ballot.

beans

Smash Lord
Prediction time! How many pages will this thread have before we get a new direct? Let's assume it's on November 8th.

I'm thinking, maybe 300.
320 if we get a boom with the Grinch leak like the Banner Glitch or the Plant Orb

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes that's what I meant. Thanks for the correction. ;)

...I need to stop doing this in class on Monday morning
It took a while to find that post, just to make you bow to my superior intellect! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I can't even go see their opinions they banned me for life after I called someone a furry (which he was by the way)
While I can't know the context of your banning, that seems like an abuse of power to me.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Went for a walk and a thought occured to me, if they DID sell fighter costumes to replace Mii Costumes which characters you think would get them and which costume would it be

(rules for this forum game: limit one per character and bonus points if you can think of costumes for EVERYONE)

Edit: I Guess ill start...

:ultsimon:- Chronicles Design Simon
:ultrichter:- SOTN Long Hair Ricther

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Don't believe rumors saying a Direct will be on the 8th, that's when the Grinch movie comes out, that's the joke, you absolute dumdums.
I was with you until this point. SpawnWave didn't seem like he was joking.

The rest though I agree with.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
It took a while to find that post, just to make you bow to my superior intellect! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

While I can't know the context of your banning, that seems like an abuse of power to me.
What do you expect from the Leftist HQ? Don't care anyways, you have to walk on eggshells there with everything you say, Even the ''F-Word'' is cutting it close with them

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Nov 8th makes sense because it's a Thursday; I never even connected it to the launch of the Grinch movie.

Crossing fingers for the 1st but it'll be Dec 6th knowing our luck.

D

Deleted member

Possibly. Or they just wanted to hang out as fellow friends. This proves literally nothing.

These guys could breath and somehow that’d be a hint.
They wouldn't just GO to have a friendly lunch together. Phil doesn't speak Japanese, and Nintendo execs don't speak English. It would be a very awkward lunch to have if it wasn't gonna be about business. Common sense dude, c'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom