• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Oh yay the mural clipping thing has respawned the "Isaac trailer was delayed cuz earthquake" theory again. I had little problem with his fans for 4 even if they tended to cause trouble with Xenoblade fans for some reason but this bullcrap has made me lose so much respect for fans of this character.
It's just....headache inducing that not only are they just disrespectful creating a conspiracy theory around something like that because EVERYTHING is a hint towards their character but the fact that they don't even see how it's disrespectful is honestly saddening to me.

D

Deleted member

So you’re telling me...
Gamexplain will do a video on blog theory :
https://youtu.be/bKn0Rq74oKk

They will do a video on Isaac speculation:
https://youtu.be/zS_vyjPqfMQ

They will do a video on Ridley’s moveset speculation:
https://youtu.be/NUOReeA4N8o

They will do a video on the leak from Smash 4:
https://youtu.be/wo-1cx0wXgc
(With comments such as “nobody has been able to find a source for the models or renders shown)

They will do a video on the Rayman leak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_eAty6r85c

They will mention the Ken leak in a weekly blog update discussion (at 40:49)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F2X2OQeNo

But.. this is all they have to say about the banner leak:

I feel like after Marina contacted Nintendo Nintendo went "everybody shut the **** up or call the leak fake or we'll take away your ambassador status"

D

Deleted member

Yoshi has always gotten the least respect out of the Smash 64 characters. He was the last of the Original 8 to be revealed during Smash 4's pre-release cycle, he's the only one not playable in the Ultimate demo, and he was the very last character revealed in the "Everyone is Here!" trailer, appearing alongside Luigi.
When you're being lumped in with the "Everyone forgets about Luigi" joke, something has gone horribly wrong.
Was also the third to last starter character to get their profile up on the Melee website (only Sheik and the then freshly revealed Zelda came after) and among the last of the starting veterans to be shown in Brawl as well (Peach, Ice Climbers, and Sheik came after).

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Characters are designed as independent layers in the image, which is why they can be shuffled around after the reveal. It's how graphic design works.

Because of this, the color in Inkling's eye has no impact on the other characters on the banner because they are each individual images.
You're the first person I've seen here who agrees that the banner started empty, and the character renders were made individually. I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's the opposite.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, GameXPlain may not be covering this leak because...maybe they just don't want to?

Which they have every right to not cover it. I do not believe there is some grand conspiracy going on with GameXPlain. If they know stuff, they ain't gonna say squat because they don't want to. They have no obligation to tell us anything.

Tinarg

Smash Cadet
One thing's for sure: this leak is gonna end on a massive explosion. All of this tension has to unwind eventually.

I hope this is real for everyone's sake. Imagine the absolute salt hurricane it'll cause if this ends up being fake. It'll leave everyone with a bad taste in their mouth at launch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Because the banner is fake.
I'm sorry, chimming in from Team Hmm here.

Someting being fake hasn't stopped them before or did you miss the Rayman leak listed there? Pretty sure they also discussed Shovel Knight's leak from Smash 4 DLC as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Objection:

Metroid Prime 1's Samus was the most realistic and dignified portrayal to date. This is honestly how I see her and I'm not a big fan of her impossibly yellow hair and Barbie doll features from 2 onwards.

But that's just my opinion.
Yeah, instead of looking like a Barbie doll she looks like a Bratz doll.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
O boy, I feel like that the grinch leak is tearing us apart in our ass very hard than ERSB leak debate did. All I see is same argument like this:

"LOOK! THERE'S CROPPED IN THAT SPOT IN BANNER [INSERT CHARACTERS HERE] CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!"

"No, it was error watch me how to recraft it so it was likely cropping error in the place"

"BUT-T! THERE'S ALSO SOME STRANGE PIXEL THERE!"

"it was likely compression there, so move on"

And so, this just keep repeating for a few hours. Don't even get me started on ****ING INSIDERS

Sure, some of those insiders are silence for comment on grinch leak. But, man all ****ing toxcity toward those "insiders" as they claim that grinch leak was fake, however, some of us thinks that's not possible for the leak to be fake SINCE we have some evidence that makes it real.

All this toxicity is unwanted, and it just makes "insiders" big bad of this story. For the example, GameXplain actually called the leak fake in 2 min video., sure, but some of them which I just start to despite for their questionable actions like, comparing team real to TRUMP SUPPORTERS (Yes, I'm not making it up)

And then, some of them EVEN claimed that papagenos was duped by their sources, but papagenos papagenos countered this by pointing out that he even checked to see if he was legit, and he was.

If Insiders actually gave their reasonable explanations about why leak was so fake besides "It just missed Incienroar/it's fake so move on." ****. We won't have this ****storm in the FIRST PLACE, but man I don't like how insider are doing so poorly to defend their opinion of the leak.

God, I am starting to regret why I joined this kind of place.

^ my reaction about this kind of discussion.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Oh yay the mural clipping thing has respawned the "Isaac trailer was delayed cuz earthquake" theory again. I had little problem with his fans for 4 even if they tended to cause trouble with Xenoblade fans for some reason but this bullcrap has made me lose so much respect for fans of this character.
It's just....headache inducing that not only are they just disrespectful creating a conspiracy theory around something like that because EVERYTHING is a hint towards their character but the fact that they don't even see how it's disrespectful is honestly saddening to me.
Dude, the entirety of the Smash fandom is assuming the earthquake conspiracy is real. Don't you dare pin this on us Isaac fans after we tried so hard to debunk it in our thread.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
That little Mac/olimar edit sold me. I hadn’t seen that yet.

I always thought issac was missing from the delayed direct. It would be super insensitive to show him if he had any earthquake based moves, even after delaying it.

Him lining up with where that weird edit was makes so much sense. They removed his trailer from that direct, which also means that one less character was planned to be revealed closer to launch, making the number of newcomers in the leak more realistic.

I’m almost 100% sold that it’s real now. If this leak is fake “Grinch Brain” needs to be the new meme equivalent to whatever comes after “Galaxy Brain” and I will tip my hat to the leaker for being a goddamn genius. If this leak is fake I have been thoghourly entertained and impressed. If it’s real I will be ecstatic for the characters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My brain hurts too much to even understand the point he's trying to make. I burnt out.

Ughh... SmashBoards is supposed to be a relaxing place. So why am I getting confused every five minutes?
He's trying to say that, in the painting, Roy's hair is being reflected in Inklings eyes (i.e. Inkling is looking at Roy), but at the angle they're currently at in the Banner, this is impossible (because Roy is too close and, according to his depth on the image, behind her); but, in the Grinch leak, suddenly not only is Roy far enough away for the angle to make sense, but Inkling is now deeper into the picture than Roy (and therefore behind him, and able to look at his head).

Keep in mind that the completed mural was made first, and then new versions were created that take them away.

Last edited:

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
Also, has there been anything more on the possibility of Sora as Smash dlc? My thought on it has been that it would be perfect if Sora was announced with a bundle of kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 remix, as well as a release of kingdom hearts 3 on the switch (plus, it would be one other square character out of the way of my dream Square character Crono.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, the rumored Direct is pegged for November 8th, so "Direct next week" is pretty safe.

And, Spawn Wave did leak that there'd be two Directs, though, I have no idea what we'd even get in a General Direct.
Any details on him saying when the second would happen?

If it's this week, we'll know by either tomorrow or the day after.

Game-specific Directs are always announced 3-4 days in advance, while General Directs are announced the day before.
I hope you're right, I just want to change this damn sig already, which I promised to do as soon as the Direct airs.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
From RelaxAlax on Twitter. Take this however you will, I'm posting it for discussion.

If you look closely and the leak is real, the newcomers are organized in almost equal parts within the banner: from left to right 3 (simón, daisy, shadow) -3 (banjo, Isaac, kin K Rool) -2 (isabelle, Ken) -2 (inkling, mach rider) -3 (Dark Samus, Geno, CK) -3 (richter Chrom and Ridley)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
God I'm having the time of my life. The twists! The turns! The possible evidence! The debunking! This is the most exciting thing I've ever been part of in all my times being hyped for videogames! Real or fake, there's no way I'll be let down at the end because I got to be part of this!

Obviously I want it to be real but I still keep going back to the edited background. That just doesn't seem right and it's enough to give me pause. But man I love this.

Chrono.

I'm sorry, chimming in from Team Hmm here.

Someting being fake hasn't stopped them before or did you miss the Rayman leak listed there? Pretty sure they also discussed Shovel Knight's leak from Smash 4 DLC as well.
They discussed Tower of Smash too.

But like I said before, 2014 GX are not 2018 GX. For all we know they probably cringe at those old discussions lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Y'know, GameXPlain may not be covering this leak because...maybe they just don't want to?

Which they have every right to not cover it. I do not believe there is some grand conspiracy going on with GameXPlain. If they know stuff, they ain't gonna say squat because they don't want to. They have no obligation to tell us anything.
''Hey guys. We'll just choose not to make money on this one!"

That sounds right. If a content creator on Twitch/Youtube has a chance to make money off something? You bet your ass they're gonna talk about it.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Jon, is that you? Because you're the one being disrespectful, it was always a theory that the direct got delayed because of Isaac. Putting the trailer in WOULD have been offensive. Your point is absolutely ridiculous my dude, but you do you

Shroob

Sup?
D

Deleted member

Thing is, they *have* covered it, but did so in such a half-baked manner, then stopped completely. lol
And that was their choice. I see no reason to force them to cover something they don't wish to, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
The Isaac fans were some of the most vocal about trying to debunk it because of it being disrespectful, and there was just as much of that in this thread too. You shouldn't generalize a fanbase like that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
''Hey guys. We'll just choose not to make money on this one!"

That sounds right. If a content creator on Twitch/Youtube has a chance to make money off something? You bet your *** they're gonna talk about it.
Youtube Content Creators are the modern day epitome of the "Starving Artist" trope.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Can't wait for this to be debunked.
Yeah whatever it is it’s probably going to get debunked. This whole back and forth is getting overwhelming and it’s becoming exhausting. It feels like we are in a endless loop. I’m on #teamImTired. It really is best just to wait this mess out until Sakurai confirms something or anything at least to end all this insanity.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
You know, speaking about the Chadadorf leak there's more that makes me think it's BS.

This guy says Ray was considered for Smash Ultimate. Really? After Nintendo showed how much they cared about the series by letting the trademark expire, AND the character themselves never having been considered before? Not having made an appearance since Arena on the DS (great game btw check it out)?

I don't buy it. He doesn't fit as a retro or obscure rep really, and has so much against him. Not to mention the fact that once again, you'd need to be on the dev team to know about characters that were removed, or Sakurai himself.

also sorry Ray fans I do actually like him I just don't think it fits

Noipoi

Howdy!
God I'm having the time of my life. The twists! The turns! The possible evidence! The debunking! This is the most exciting thing I've ever been part of in all my times being hyped for videogames! Real or fake, there's no way I'll be let down at the end because I got to be part of this!

Obviously I want it to be real but I still keep going back to the edited background. That just doesn't seem right and it's enough to give me pause. But man I love this.
Some people take these things too seriously, but i'm having such a good time with all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom