• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some people joked about the Grinch being playable because of the leak. If he did get in, though, how would a Whoville stage be to go along with him?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm getting tired of seeing how many "coincidences" are involved with this leak.

A remarkable set of seemingly unrelated circumstances indeed; enough to give someone a headache.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Who's ready for another NonSpecificGutFeeling? I gotta feeling there's going to be some kind of Direct next week. Don't know why. Don't know how. It's just a gut feeling. My gut feeling is pretty on point too if we consider me being like 3 days off from the original March Announcement and being pretty spot on with the September Announcement. I don't think this Direct will be a Smash Direct though. No, I think that'll come towards the end of November. I think this next one will be a regular Direct. Anything could happen though.
It's absurd how often our gut feelings line up.

Given what's going on, next week is my guess as well. Though, I expect something interesting this week, but not a Direct at all.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Who's ready for another NonSpecificGutFeeling? I gotta feeling there's going to be some kind of Direct next week. Don't know why. Don't know how. It's just a gut feeling. My gut feeling is pretty on point too if we consider me being like 3 days off from the original March Announcement and being pretty spot on with the September Announcement. I don't think this Direct will be a Smash Direct though. No, I think that'll come towards the end of November. I think this next one will be a regular Direct. Anything could happen though.
Not gonna lie, bud. You had me until “not a Smash Direct”.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can someone explain to me what's up with PushDustin and Liam Robertson (whoever that is) and why people keep bringing them up in a negative term?
I want to know this too?

Apparently Push said something hypocritical? ...Or something like that.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
https://twitter.com/donjupiter_/status/1056705523595264002?s=21

Goddamn, I hate this website. Anyways, he’s the basic rundown from all the research I did for this.

Every banner we’ve seen so far has been an altered/edited form of the first banner, which we all already know. I’m like 99% on the Grinch definitely being either real or one of the first banners Nintendo created, and this definitely helps solidify it. Basically, Roy is definitely not supposed to be as close to Inkling as he is supposed to be and that there should be more space between them, which is where Mach Rider is on the leak. I’m honestly to pissed off and tired rn to explain what I found but the link’s here and see what you think.
I can't say I'm picking up what they're trying to put down.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm getting tired of seeing how many "coincidences" are involved with this leak.

A remarkable set of seemingly unrelated circumstances indeed; enough to give someone a headache.
Half of these "coincidences" are just people making up arbitrary rules and theories for stuff that isn't confirmed...
wait oh no the theories are back aren't they, they've just manifested into something more devilish.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
What even is the point here, this sounds like insane ramblings.
I mean Inkling isn’t shooting at nothing and Roy isn’t looking down at nothing. People forget that almost all of the artistic direction is done for a reason.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Can't wait for this to be debunked.
>Inkling are clearly looking up
>"Yeah but they're looking far on the right in an unreleated angle that NOW match where they look (spoiler it doesnt)"

Am I too tired for this or did I miss something?

D

Deleted member

The Direct being on Nov. 1st seems fairly likely honestly
-on a thursday
-right before special edition
-iirc the Live tournament thing is hapoening right afterwards too. They could have the Smash tournament be the completed build with the full roster since the game has basically gone gold at this point

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Alright so here’s my though process during this whole thing.

*image comes out

“Image could be really, but could easily be faked. There are a lot of good artists.”

*more evidence pointed out:
- difficulty of moving every character,
- the Eric Bricard connections to a company that has worked with Bandai-Namco
- the fact that the name was supposed to be hidden so it’s incredibly unlikely it was intentional false,
- using the same type of cardboard paper these companies use*

“Oh crap, it could be a really elaborate hoax, and it contradicts the box which I found convincing, but this guy would have to be a genius. Team Real.”

*holes come out:
- many insiders say it’s not true
- differences with the official blank Battlefield*

“Well shoot, that background contradiction seems really convincing. Backed up with insiders and the box and download code, I think I’m on Team Fake but might still be Real. Extremely elaborate hoax though.”

*site glitch and Isaac thing*

“Hmmm. Let me compare these two side by side.”

731FAE03-05DA-4B75-80B8-5A5241774469.jpeg

“Yeah that’s a Team Real for me dawg. This beats the level of such extreme specificity that the box theory has that made me believe in it for as long as I did.”

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
-on a thursday
-iirc the Live tournament thing is hapoening right afterwards too. They could have the Smash tournament be the completed build with the full roster since the game has basically gone gold at this point
I think Nov 1st is more likely than we think, but because pessimism it'll be Nov. 8th or Nov. 15th because **** us.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Goddamn, I hate this website. Anyways, he’s the basic rundown from all the research I did for this.

Every banner we’ve seen so far has been an altered/edited form of the first banner, which we all already know. I’m like 99% on the Grinch definitely being either real or one of the first banners Nintendo created, and this definitely helps solidify it. Basically, Roy is definitely not supposed to be as close to Inkling as he is supposed to be and that there should be more space between them, which is where Mach Rider is on the leak. I’m honestly to pissed off and tired rn to explain what I found but the link’s here and see what you think.
Characters are designed as independent layers in the image, which is why they can be shuffled around after the reveal. It's how graphic design works.

Because of this, the color in Inkling's eye has no impact on the other characters on the banner because they are each individual images.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
First, it's tehponycorn. Not theponycorn. That's where I truly draw the line.

Second, I don't even know where to begin with this. I've broken the original quote up into sections, and I'll cover each one.

You're telling me to take your posts at face value when that's what I'm doing. I took your Liam argument at face value, but apparently there's a difference between being a coward and cowardly actions? This doesn't make sense, as either way it paints the person in a negative light and can be used as a means to harm or deride character, which is what you did. If it comes down to a matter of personal opinion than that doesn't cover you either, as if you want me to respect your opinion, you should also respect Liam's opinion and right to private his Twitter. It makes no sense.

Next, you tell me that you didn't say that insiders are playing mind games when them denying the leak to drum up hype, which is what you said, is the definition of a mind game. I don't even think this is that large of a point because it's just true.

I don't even know how to understand your claim about me being linked with insiders and how I "implied and made it apparent that I was." All I've done is argue that we should hear them out and consider what they have to say. Nothing less and nothing more. I am not linked with any insiders nor have I ever been. All I want is for people to take into account what they have to say when considering whether this leak is true or false, something I don't see a lot of people doing.

This is a nice way of putting how I feel about it. Thanks @TotsBS.

Your arguments are continually vague, and that is a legitimate problem. I shouldn't have to "realize the inner nature" of your arguments because you didn't do a good enough job explaining them in the first place. That's your problem.

This certainly isn't the first, nor will it be the last time that I'm called out for being "the fun police." Am I a bit overzealous about it? Sure, I'll concede that. But at this point it seems like you're just getting annoyed with my arguments and are making weak attempts to deflect them, such as in the last section. There is no valid counterargument or refutation to any of my original points other than "I didn't do it and I don't like you for saying that I did."

But I guess you're right in that I should drop this. Arguing over semantics won't get us anywhere, and it's clear that you and I won't see eye to eye. I know you may dislike me, but I've got nothing against you. All I want to do is encourage you to think more and clearly define your arguments with evidence. If there's one takeaway from this post, please let it be that.

Sad to hear you don't like my leak posts anymore. Those were pretty dandy.
You're being pranked by Nintendo.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
So you’re telling me...
Gamexplain will do a video on blog theory :
https://youtu.be/bKn0Rq74oKk

They will do a video on Isaac speculation:
https://youtu.be/zS_vyjPqfMQ

They will do a video on Ridley’s moveset speculation:
https://youtu.be/NUOReeA4N8o

They will do a video on the leak from Smash 4:
https://youtu.be/wo-1cx0wXgc
(With comments such as “nobody has been able to find a source for the models or renders shown)

They will do a video on the Rayman leak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_eAty6r85c

They will mention the Ken leak in a weekly blog update discussion (at 40:49)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F2X2OQeNo

But.. this is all they have to say about the banner leak:

D

Deleted member

>Inkling are clearly looking up
>"Yeah but they're looking far on the right in an unreleated angle that NOW match where they look (spoiler it doesnt)"

Am I too tired for this or did I miss something?
They're looking off into the distance, not really at someone. They're trying to spread their turf coverage by spraying their ink wherever they can.

At least, that's what I think. :p

kylexv

Smash Master
-on a thursday
God I hope so.

The sooner this madness ends, the better.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Objection:

Metroid Prime 1's Samus was the most realistic and dignified portrayal to date. This is honestly how I see her and I'm not a big fan of her impossibly yellow hair and Barbie doll features from 2 onwards.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My brain hurts too much to even understand the point he's trying to make. I burnt out.

Ughh... SmashBoards is supposed to be a relaxing place. So why am I getting confused every five minutes?
Such is the way of Smash speculation

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

That's probably not a reflection of any character in her eyes. All the shades of "red" that are in her eyes are found on her tentacles, too. It's really just a dark orange.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So you’re telling me...
Gamexplain will do a video on blog theory :
https://youtu.be/bKn0Rq74oKk

They will do a video on Isaac speculation:
https://youtu.be/zS_vyjPqfMQ

They will do a video on Ridley’s moveset speculation:
https://youtu.be/NUOReeA4N8o

They will do a video on the leak from Smash 4:
https://youtu.be/wo-1cx0wXgc
(With comments such as “nobody has been able to find a source for the models or renders shown)

They will do a video on the Rayman leak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_eAty6r85c

They will mention the Ken leak in a weekly blog update discussion (at 40:49)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F2X2OQeNo

But.. this is all they have to say about the banner leak:

Because the banner is fake.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Nov 1st is more likely than we think, but because pessimism it'll be Nov. 8th or Nov. 15th because **** us.
If it's this week, we'll know by either tomorrow or the day after.

Game-specific Directs are always announced 3-4 days in advance, while General Directs are announced the day before.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
MysticDistance is talking again and holy crap

and LeakReview also talking

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
There is literally nothing official saying assists can't become DLC.

I wish people would stop promoting that idiotic fan rule. It's one thing to not expect it, but it's another thing entirely to pretend it's impossible.
its not about "idiotic fan rules" its about the simple principle that people dont want to see Nintendo do the EA. Selling echoes and assist trophies as dlc is not a good look. Selling content that is present in the game is not a good look. thats why i don't think it will happen for either. DLC needs to be high impact new characters that are not in the game already in any form. People have acted like sakurai making a character an assist trophy is somehow insulting. its not they got included in a game that will shatter records. Even some of these assist trophies of characters are characters or most people have never heard of. With characters like lyn, zero, alucard, midna, and bomberman it is often a time restraint.

in my opinion selling these assist trophies would not go over well with most of the smash consumers which greatly outnumbers the smashboards resident count.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

It’s pretty comical at this point.

So many coincidences this leaker is either the luckiest man alive or the smartest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom