• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Today's Blog is Zero Suit Samus!!
Can only get it to show up on the French version on mine for some reason.

How many characters left is that now?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You're saying this as if Microsoft are smart, but they can Rival Sega in term of stupidity for Brand handling.
It's not just that. Phil Spencer tweeted in 2015 that they would be glad to work on it. Even assuming the cynical motive, the benefit is the goodwill Microsoft desperately needs at the moment. That's in addition to the free money. The question I think is more relevant is what Nintendo would gain. Outside of using a popular requested character liked by casual and hardcore fans, I could see them working together (har har) on a N64 classic with Rare titles.

There's multiple possibilities depending on what they could agree on that would benefit both parties. But as for Microsoft, they could use any good PR they can get, even ignoring a revival (which I don't think will happen, personally).

Shroob

Sup?
What strikes me most about this leak is Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.

BOTH characters we have reason to believe that Sakurai had planned/considered at least once(Mach due to interviews and Chorus Kids due to Gematsu), and if they're in, it really feels like "Everyone is here" has more weight to it than just the veterans.

Though, I'll never understand 'how' CHADondorf would know about stuff being cut too unless he was actually working on the team too.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
[Today's fighter] 29: Zero suit Sams Sams Power is not enough, speed is up to much!
>Power is not enough
>Flip Kick kills at 20

Methinks they've different definition for the word Power.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be hilarious actually.
Sakurai tricks us all into thinking we're getting the dream roster. Then he pulls the rug out from under us and in reality all that's left is a bland echo and incelroar.
Better than that, the remaining characters aren't even seen coming by Verge-of-going-mad-from-dealing-with-the-worst-part-of-the-fanbase.

It could be Dante and Foreman Spike, for all we know.

So, what is next, guys? We still talk about the leak, or we talk about something else?
We talk about how Zero Suit Samus somehow didn't get a Memories article. Seriously, have those people never heard of Zero Mission?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Some of you guys are getting kinda crabby. Now you could argue the validity of a leak for a video game, or you could look at this cool fan art I found!

1520223419469.png

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
So help walk me through this:
1) Isabelle is added
2) Characters to the right and left of Isabelle get shifted, such as Little Mac and Olimar to the left
3) Panel 3 (Mac and Isabelle) is updated on the site, but panel 2 is updated with an old version
4) The left tip (glove) of Little Mac is not on the old panel 2, and the right tip of Olimar (helmet) is not on panel 3
5) The correct version of panel 2 is uploaded the next day
6) ...........?
7) ISAAC CONFIRMED

I'm really struggling with step six here guys.
How did you manage to read only the debunk portion of that discussion and not the original point?

Nobody is trying to argue the bug after seeing the panels being separated.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Who's ready for another NonSpecificGutFeeling? I gotta feeling there's going to be some kind of Direct next week. Don't know why. Don't know how. It's just a gut feeling. My gut feeling is pretty on point too if we consider me being like 3 days off from the original March Announcement and being pretty spot on with the September Announcement. I don't think this Direct will be a Smash Direct though. No, I think that'll come towards the end of November. I think this next one will be a regular Direct. Anything could happen though.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Who's ready for another NonSpecificGutFeeling? I gotta feeling there's going to be some kind of Direct next week. Don't know why. Don't know how. It's just a gut feeling. My gut feeling is pretty on point too if we consider me being like 3 days off from the original March Announcement and being pretty spot on with the September Announcement. I don't think this Direct will be a Smash Direct though. No, I think that'll come towards the end of November. I think this next one will be a regular Direct. Anything could happen though.
You tell your gut to think differently right this second.

I can't take 4 more weeks.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
People can form their own opinions on this leak. To attack others for those opinions is not only petty, but also taking this way too seriously. It is not the end of the world if it is fake or real, and literally no one will care or remember what either side said about what by the time this game comes out because we'll all be, y'know, actually playing it.

It's just a game. Chill.
Pft, just a game? Just a GAME!?!

Please. This is real life for some people.

I'm not directly talking about anyone...don't be mad...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Medusa and Skull Kid are in, and you can believe that.

Wow what a Road to Super Smash Bros it has been, SmashaMania will be here on December 7th cant wait and OMG so hyped for Isaac!

Considering this is called the Grinch leak or whatever, maybe there will a Direct to show the rest of the roster on Novermber 9th the same day that movie hits theaters.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
You people are making my policy of never reading any post longer than a paragraph very difficult to keep to right now

Nah but in all seriousness I don't think I've ever been more conflicted about a leak than I am right now. This is like final round who wants to be a millionaire type stuff and honestly I barely understand it. All I can say is you people have much much bigger brains than I have.

Potato_

Smash Lord
What strikes me most about this leak is Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.

BOTH characters we have reason to believe that Sakurai had planned/considered at least once(Mach due to interviews and Chorus Kids due to Gematsu), and if they're in, it really feels like "Everyone is here" has more weight to it than just the veterans.

Though, I'll never understand 'how' CHADondorf would know about stuff being cut too unless he was actually working on the team too.
Yep, I have trouble believing that last part too.

Honestly the only reason Chadondorf gets any sort of recognition is because the characters line up with the mural. Take that away and it sounds like most fake leaks that assume **** about the development process and Sakurai's mindset.

Since I HIGHLY doubt anyone from the dev team specifically is leaking stuff like that, I'm very suspicious of it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So why is it logical to assume no characters are on the back? There's zero evidence for or against that so the box is just useless, except it does indicate there are AT LEAST two characters, but all you need is a brain to assume that.
Why is it logical to assume there are characters on the back? You are making circular arguments. You assume there is more on the back and with the same proof, I assume there is none on the back.

And in the end, where does it lead us?

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the rumored Direct is pegged for November 8th, so "Direct next week" is pretty safe.

And, Spawn Wave did leak that there'd be two Directs, though, I have no idea what we'd even get in a General Direct.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Can someone explain to me what's up with PushDustin and Liam Robertson (whoever that is) and why people keep bringing them up in a negative term?

Chrono.

That sounds like a pretty specific gut feeling though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That small image that was supposedly Medusa. I decided to check the spot she supposedly was on. Turns out its just R.O.B.

Shucks...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
eating popcorn.gif

I'm still having a lot of fun.
This whole week will have a lot of "GUY I FOUND SOMETHING" "no you didn't" type scenarios until at some point someone actually finds something.

I'm gonna go make late dinner now. You all behave.

bnderstandable

Smash Rookie
https://twitter.com/donjupiter_/status/1056705523595264002?s=21

Goddamn, I hate this website. Anyways, he’s the basic rundown from all the research I did for this.

Every banner we’ve seen so far has been an altered/edited form of the first banner, which we all already know. I’m like 99% on the Grinch definitely being either real or one of the first banners Nintendo created, and this definitely helps solidify it. Basically, Roy is definitely not supposed to be as close to Inkling as he is supposed to be and that there should be more space between them, which is where Mach Rider is on the leak. I’m honestly to pissed off and tired rn to explain what I found but the link’s here and see what you think.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Y'all are more composed than SmashFAQs at least; they're all but completely convinced the Grinch leak is real and will not hesitate to vilify anyone who believes it might be fake.

Them peoples is crazy.
The gamefaqs part of the base are all sheep anyway, they don't think outside the box.

Some of you guys are getting kinda crabby. Now you could argue the validity of a leak for a video game, or you could look at this cool fan art I found!

View attachment 173126
Cool, that's from the guy who drew Isabelle being speared by Ridley, I believe.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
So if the seven characters are real, what would you guys expect their stages to be?

Geno - I know everyone bets on Forest Maze, but gosh I would so rather have the top of Bowser's castle with Exor as a boss.

Banjo-Kazooie - Again, everyone bets on Spiral Mountain but I would so love Click Clock Wood with the seasonal changes and everything :D

Mach Rider - Not sure she'd get one?

Chorus Kids - Wish I knew the game well enough to predict it

Isaac - Venus Lighthouse? I haven't played his game, but would love to hear other suggestions so I can look up some cool locales

Shadow and Ken most likely wouldn't have one
Geno - I actually hope it may be booster's tower, I could see a lot of fun things to add in for that stage.

Banjo-Kazooie - I feel like it will be Spiral Mountain, but I actually am hoping for firey furnace fun to be the stage, with the hazards being questions about
smash bros that you answer for a reward similar to WarioWare.

I'm unsure for Mach Rider and Chorus Kids since I have not played either of their games yet.

Isaac - Venus Lighthouse is probably what I would go with, and could even have a boss interaction for the stage hazard.

If Shadow had one, I feel like Radical Highway would be the easy choice, and for Ken I would honestly like Guile's stage, but that is more of a personal preference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom