• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
How will you respond if it ends up being fake? I know that this leak contains so many characters that people on here want, but that doesn't automatically make it real. I don't know whether it's real or fake, but acting like people are dumb for choosing not to believe it is dumb. Maybe they just don't want to set their expectations too high.
If you still think that there being characters people want is the main reason to believe this leak, you clearly haven't kept up with this thread.
There is so much going in it's favor and barely anything against it that it's very likely real.

The two main reasons for Team Fake are:

* Background discrepancies (can be explained with this: https://smashboards.com/threads/her...-smash-ultimate.446390/page-676#post-22610301)
* Insiders thinking it's wrong (can be explained by Incineroar being leak bait or DLC or cut late in development)

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, I'm team real on the grinch leak but let me put things straight as it seems people are going back to conspiracy theories about the september direct again:

Isabelle was the only planned reveal for september, the blog posts numbers confirmed it, since there aren't more than two missing consecutive post numbers that week it means there was no other smash reveal intended, besides, it's more realistic to think that cities skylines' natural disasters dlc was the cause of the delay

the weirdness on the poster image cropping might lndeed be an Isaac related error, but he was never intended to be revealed in that direct

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
All right, screw it. I'm really feeling it. #TeamReal. If this is fake then I'll be too astounded at the amount of coincidences that I likely won't even care.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This leak has so many layers I'm surprised it hasn't confirmed Shrek yet

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So if this is real, like I think it is, i think this is how the Direct was supposed to go.

LM3 > 3DS > Isabelle/AC >Switch > Isaac

That order keeps the numbering consistent, which I feel they would try to do. If this is true, than Issac will probably be the next character.
Nah I think Isacc was at the start. Luigi's Mansion 3 was very sudden.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 156380
View attachment 156381
View attachment 156383

...Might need to fix up the site banner a bit Nintendo. :V
So I found it... But I was wrong. This was from the 8.8 Direct, not Isabelle's reveal.

But Mac and Ike weren't a part of it. Hmmm.
Quoting Fenriraga's post so they don't get overlooked.

Nintendo has botched the banner before. "They botched it again" is a perfectly valid explanation this time as well.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
C'mon Nek

Mac and Olimar are messed up in the specific spot Isaac is located
You pointed out Isabelle, who's spot wasn't even botched

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I do think it's more than nothing.
But it lines up EXACTLY where Isaac’s banner art would start. We can’t just call that a coincidence.

so why does isaac's placement on the leaked banner almost, if not perfectly lines up with that cut?
are you gonna imply that, if the grinch leak is fake, the leaker found this minute detail that literally everyone until now overlooked and used it as a basis for inserting isaac into the banner?

No, I don't have the old murral pictures from the website since they're all up to date now, so I'm using the current one in the website to demonstrate my point.

The point being that the mural on the website is multiple picture separated and that, everytime a newcomers is added on the WEBSITE mural, all newcomers are shifted.

However, Nintendo is too hasty and end up updating only the newcomers part of the "new puzzle piece" that is the website banner.

It happened also RIGHT after the 8.8 direct, where Nintendo AGAIN had the SAME issue and updated ONLY the part of the banner with newcomers announced.

Look here, Ryu is broken because it was part of the Puzzle where Richter was
Looping transition broken because of Chrom
Ness/Pac-man because of Dark Samus

Etc... etc...

It's nothing.

View attachment 156380
View attachment 156381
View attachment 156383

...Might need to fix up the site banner a bit Nintendo. :V

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
TWO.
WEEKS.

We just....have to get through this week, and then the Direct will happen, I'd wager good money on it being so with how adamant Spawn Wave's being about a Direct around the 8th, and him predicting the date of the last one.

We just need to get through one more dead week.
Don't worry we-

The cropping lines up exactly where the vine next to Isaac ends. This has to be something here.View attachment 173004

...Are not gonna make it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I hate to bring up potential bad news. But we saw the exact length of the direct (not the estimate) as it originally was before it was cancelled. And wasn't it the exact same length as it was when it actually aired? I really hope someone proves me wrong.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yep, I am.
Can't explain away some Battlefield disrepancies.
Incineroar and the insiders against it.
The character not even in the mural.

As I told you yesterday Jacob, I want this to be real. So. Badly. Geno's my 2nd most wanted, B&K is my "never even considered" most wanted, I love the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider would be badass, Shadow's a most wanted, Ken's cool and Isaac for his fans.

But like I've said time and time again...I'm not gonna let my heart be broken.
Trust me. You’re on “Team Real” already and you’re denying it.

What I mean is, even if you’re on “Team Fake”, you’ll be disappointed if this gets called out as fake for good. In your heart, you’re already on the other team.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It also happened during the 8.8 direct like Fenriraga Fenriraga showed, Nintendo just botch the banner upload because each part of the moving banner on the websites are actually multiple picture followed by each other.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero02_en.jpg
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero03_en.jpg

It seems that everytime they made a reveal, just like for the 8.8 Direct, they are way too hasty and end up updating only the part of the moving mural with the just revealed characters, making the "moving mural" inconsistant until they update the rest of the mural with the old characters since each time a newcomers is revealed, all characters slightly move in the website.

TL;DR

It's nothing. The part of the "cut little mac" is actually part of the Isabelle Part of the banner, and was directly updated, too quickly, before they updated the rest.

My guy the glitches aren't even remotely obvious on that banner compared to Isabelles. I barely can even see them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So then the working theory is that Isaac and Isabelle were supposed to be revealed at the same time back in September?

Interesting. I mean, that makes a lot of sense considering it lines up with where Isaac would be on the image.

Believers have had a good day today. There’s nothing concrete obviously but there’s a lot of coincidences.

When they stop becoming coincidences, THAT’S when it’s time to party.
Just a thought.

If the leak was fake, is it not possible for Mr. Grinch to be aware of the inconsistency in the scrolling banner and put Isaac there on purpose?

Just putting it out there, but I'm rather excited for this development regardless, as someone who is trying to work on different cases for the leak being real behind the scenes.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
How will you respond if it ends up being fake? I know that this leak contains so many characters that people on here want, but that doesn't automatically make it real. I don't know whether it's real or fake, but acting like people are dumb for choosing not to believe it is dumb. Maybe they just don't want to set their expectations too high.
I told someone on here I'd film myself eating $20 worth of taco bell if it's fake when I know damn well my tiny stomach can only fit $10 of it at most, and that's only if I'm not eating 10 soft tacos (impossible). I would gladly eat crow, I just don't think this is fake and I'd put money on it as well.

I think anyone denying this at this point is either ridiculously biased or just lacks critical thinking skills. They can still be good people, but I see some people on here who obviously desperately want this to be fake and will listen to nothing or try and debunk the leak while inadvertently making it stronger.

This is the real deal.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If you still think that there being characters people want is the main reason to believe this leak, you clearly haven't kept up with this thread.
There is so much going in it's favor and barely anything against it that it's very likely real.

The two main reasons for Team Fake are:

* Background discrepancies (can be explained with this: https://smashboards.com/threads/her...-smash-ultimate.446390/page-676#post-22610301)
* Insiders thinking it's wrong (can be explained by Incineroar being leak bait or DLC or cut late in development)
Makes sense. I mean, that Gemastu leak for Smash 4 almost got every character right, but those such as Chorus Kids and Chrom were not there and possibly removed from the game. There is evidence that they were going to be in as playable characters. The same thing here could apply to Incineroar here if this leak is real, and the insiders may not know it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright its over...
I honestly think this fully confirms the leak.

Next week is gonna be ****ing wild.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
My guy the glitches aren't even remotely obvious on that banner compared to Isabelles. I barely can even see them.
Read the post right up yours for the explanation.
I'm using the current banner to explain how the Website banner work and how the glitches happened EACH character reveal

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If Isaac was supposed to be in the Direct, presumably at the start, that'd mean he was supposed to be 68 and Isabelle at 69.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I hate to bring up potential bad news. But we saw the exact length of the direct (not the estimate) as it originally was before it was cancelled. And wasn't it the exact same length as it was when it actually aired? I really hope someone proves me wrong.
IIRC the direct is 38 minutes when it was said to be 35.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to show this off.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with tiers, but possibilities.
Bayo got that good Sakurai treatment.
But to be fair, they did an excellent job on the way Bayo looks. Especially her face.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Some fun video I wanted to show you..

Yes, Sakurai ACTUALLY retweets it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm not gonna lie but this is some very great poses!

Finally, straight culture finally did something.
The absolute best. :laugh:
Okay, being real now, it could have been a glitch.
But if we put it side to side with the Grinch leak, it just fits nicely.
If the Grinch is fake, than the dude accounted for the ****ing glitch.
He accounted exactly for it.
Add that to the list of how big the "Keikaku" of that guy is
(TN: Keikaku means MASTER PLAN)
計画通り!

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
It also happened during the 8.8 direct like Fenriraga Fenriraga showed, Nintendo just botch the banner upload because each part of the moving banner on the websites are actually multiple picture followed by each other.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero02_en.jpg
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/top/hero03_en.jpg

It seems that everytime they made a reveal, just like for the 8.8 Direct, they are way too hasty and end up updating only the part of the moving mural with the just revealed characters, making the "moving mural" inconsistant until they update the rest of the mural with the old characters since each time a newcomers is revealed, all characters slightly move in the website.

TL;DR

It's nothing. The part of the "cut little mac" is actually part of the Isabelle Part of the banner, and was directly updated, too quickly, before they updated the rest.
no use denying it bro

DiamondJoyride

Smash Cadet
Alright its over...
I honestly think this fully confirms the leak.

Next week is gonna be ****ing wild.
Agreed.

Although, if by some witchcraft this leak is SOMEHOW fake, and I mean witchcraft, I'll probably drink water or something idk

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Nothing confirms that the leak is real until we see the leaked characters in action.

But like I said earlier, it’s been a good day for people who think it’s real. IF this is real, then holy schnitzel.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No, I don't have the old murral pictures from the website since they're all up to date now, so I'm using the current one in the website to demonstrate my point.

The point being that the mural on the website is multiple picture separated and that, everytime a newcomers is added on the WEBSITE mural, all newcomers are shifted.

However, Nintendo is too hasty and end up updating only the newcomers part of the "new puzzle piece" that is the website banner.

It happened also RIGHT after the 8.8 direct, where Nintendo AGAIN had the SAME issue and updated ONLY the part of the banner with newcomers announced.

Look here, Ryu is broken because it was part of the Puzzle where Richter was
Looping transition broken because of Chrom
Ness/Pac-man because of Dark Samus

Etc... etc...

It's nothing.
Okay, I think some misundersanding is going around.

I'd really appreciate it if one of you can have a mock-up gif made of the site's mural errors.

Because the concept of Isabelle/hastiness glitching the Mural at the /EXACT SAME SPOT/ Isaac and his associated items would be in the mural seems unprecedented even looking at these images

I mean I trust you Nek you're a smart dude but I'm not sure. It just sounds preposterous to me.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, I'm team real on the grinch leak but let me put things straight as it seems people are going back to conspiracy theories about the september direct again:

Isabelle was the only planned reveal for september, the blog posts numbers confirmed it, since there aren't more than two missing consecutive post numbers that week it means there was no other smash reveal intended, besides, it's more realistic to think that cities skylines' natural disasters dlc was the cause of the delay

the weirdness on the poster image cropping might lndeed be an Isaac related error, but he was never intended to be revealed in that direct
i'm not too versed on the whoel blog post number system but couldn't they just have just easily rearranged the order of the planned blog posts if they needed to reschedule something.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Maybe the guy who made the Grinch leak saw that glitch and placed Isaac there because he thought ahead and figured Isaac was cut from the direct....

I'm not convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom