• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I should feel embarrassed, but I just can’t anymore. I just want to play the game with my friends. I don’t even want to make Grinch jokes anymore.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Please do not post media-only replies. Please do not post fast moving images like this outside of spoilers. It can cause epilepsy(and just hurt people's eyes in general).
Last edited by a moderator:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
No idea, they didn’t specify who the supposed real characters on the leaked mural are. Since they pretty much outright ruled out Banjo, Geno, and Isaac, I narrowed it down to Ken, Shadow, and Chorus Kids being the most likely real characters with Mach Rider being the least likely.
Thanks again. Fascinating this is. And yet it leaves me Curiouser, and curiouser...

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So, with the CoroCoro 108 stage slip, with the characters we supposedly have in that leak, we're gonna have...

• A Mach Rider stage
  • A Banjo-Kazooie stage
  • A Super Mario RPG stage
  • A Golden Sun stage
  • A Rhythm Heaven stage

Huh. I'm wondering how the hell you make Mach Rider a stage because it's literally just driving a bike through a singular road shooting weird alien tanks.
Probably something similar to Mute City or Mario Kart(the one with the Shy Guys)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's probably not fun to get hated on by random twitter users. I don't know, but I assume
Understandable, and I think you are right. Just remember that there is more than one way to deal with a situation, however you choose, of course. I just happen to find making his Twitter account private a...well...not so good way. You don't blame me for that, do you?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You forgot that they accidently leaked Simon.
True, but Simon wasn't leaked through a commercial/advertisement (if I recall correctly).

I know, I am just stating my point of view that it is cowardly to run away. It is understandable to not reply to them at all, but making the twitter private to avoid all this? In my experience, enduring through the attack, mostly by ignoring it, is something he could have done.
I don't think you realize how ravenous the Smash community can be sometimes.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
There's nothing rational about what Liam said (so far in listening to the podcast). @TotsBS said he said "Nintendo is stubborn, conservative Japanese men and they'd bend to the white man and "muh pride". That's borderline racist (haven't gotten to that part of the podcast, so apologies if not accurate).

That being said, people are ******** and shouldn't be harassing anybody for any reason.
I've only been able to listen to something of his where he only talks about the Grinch Leak itself, its like 20mins or so, and he's pretty calm and rational about it there. But yeah, at the end of the day he doesn't really deserved to be harassed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're forgetting that the reason they know its Incineroar could get someone in trouble.

Like say... what if they learned it through a play tester. If they admit that, Ninten Ninjas now have evidence to track down the leaker.
Maybe but if that’s the case, how do like 15 different people know of this playtester? And that’s still not image proof or video assuming it’s just a statement by them.

Like if I remember correctly ninka or vaan had some of the footage from ERSB months in advance but didn’t post it. Eventually though it got out. The same way any leak would.

So I can’t see how know one has used 4chan to successfully leak Incenroar with proof.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm watching the new How to train your Dragon 3 trailer. I am so incredibly excited for that movie.
It made me think of the first Everyone is Here trailer. I am so incredibly excited for this game.
Now i'm thinking about Pokemon 2019, a game I know nothing about and yet i'm still incredibly excited for it.
I'm incredibly excited to be alive.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
So, with the CoroCoro 108 stage slip, with the characters we supposedly have in that leak, we're gonna have...

• A Mach Rider stage
  • A Banjo-Kazooie stage
  • A Golden Sun stage
  • A Rhythm Heaven stage

Huh. I'm wondering how the hell you make Mach Rider a stage because it's literally just driving a bike through a singular road shooting weird alien tanks.
my god if it ain't star hill, i will be disappoint

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
True, but Simon wasn't leaked through a commercial/advertisement (if I recall correctly).

I don't think you realize how ravenous the Smash community can be sometimes.
Oh, I know. Does it hurt though, to say I don't care? Well, I kinda do care, since it was harassing, but I personally would not pay attention to it. Who knows, maybe they would stop if ignored long enough.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
"I just don't get why there aren't more Western franchises in this super-crossover of characters owned by a Japanese company that brings in major 3rd parties, which most historically are also Japanese."

It's pretty hard to deny that most icons of gaming, especially older ones, come from Japan.

The language in some of your posts feels particularly sensationalist. It's not very flattering.
Whelp, excuse my language, i'm sorry you find it sensationalist and find it unflattering. I'll make stronger attempts to flatter you in the future... Now instead of discussing the topic your discussing me.. So...

Regardless the facts are the facts, perhaps you don't enjoy them because they don't support your opinion, which is typical of most ningens.

Perhaps it's mere coincidence there is barely any western third party involvement in Smash. Perhaps not. Unfortunately right now all we have is Shovel Knight... Maybe Rayman and commander video trophies will return...

No Atari content? Come on.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm watching the new How to train your Dragon 3 trailer. I am so incredibly excited for that movie.
It made me think of the first Everyone is Here trailer. I am so incredibly excited for this game.
Now i'm thinking about Pokemon 2019, a game I know nothing about and yet i'm still incredibly excited for it.
Glad to see someone in good spirits here :yoshi:

ChrisJamie

Smash Cadet
I heard something about the company Marina threatening to sue after being accused of revealing characters (The Grinch Leak) even when they are not involved in that, as the supposed employee stopped working with them since 2016. Is that true?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I love all these memes but it's gonna feel ****ty if the ones where Isaac, Banjo etc. taunting Incineroar turn out to be really ironic in the future

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You literally called him a coward.
And to me, being weak and a coward are two different things, because to me, just because one is a coward doesn't mean they are weak. They just have to find their way around their fear, that is all. But Who knows? Maybe regardless, coward was not the right word. Maybe cheap was.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I heard something about the company Marina threatening to sue after being accused of revealing characters (The Grinch Leak) even when they are not involved in that, as the supposed employee stopped working with them since 2016. Is that true?
Sue who?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh and if I’m being honest Liam Robertson kind of earned what he got. He’s always a **** to people and one of the most egotistic insiders. He blocks anyone who doesn’t believe him and even went after people in the past here and social media for doubting him.

He’s always been and always will be a ****

KMDP

Smash Legend

• A Mach Rider stage
  • A Banjo-Kazooie stage
  • A Golden Sun stage
  • A Rhythm Heaven stage

We could also get something like, say, Radical Highway for Shadow instead of something for Mach Rider.

If Jon's "guess" of Shadow being in as a semi-clone isn't just a guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd wager that's a very safe bet, considering there's only 4 days left in October.
That and you can't tell me they won't reveal one final direct after so long a silence. I imagine that they would have to reignite the hype before the game comes out. Which is the month after.

TheCrystalCave

Smash Cadet
That's it...I'm going to see The Grinch on November 8th just because of this leak. I don't care if it's great, okay, or horrible, but I need Smash content before its release in December. That's the closest I'll get.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh and if I’m being honest Liam Robertson kind of earned what he got. He’s always a **** to people and one of the most egotistic insiders. He blocks anyone who doesn’t believe him and even went after people in the past here and social media for doubting him.

He’s always been and always will be a ****
I don't know if I am one to talk anymore, but that is, erm, kind of why I said he was running away. No offense, though, that is just my point of view.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
While all of us are at each others throats over whether or not a banner is real...
Noipoi is just being Noipoi
We need more Noipois here.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

• A Mach Rider stage
  • A Banjo-Kazooie stage
  • A Golden Sun stage
  • A Rhythm Heaven stage

You just described a possible stage perfectly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom