• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
why does everyone insist on arguing over something that cannot be proved.

team real, you will never find any damning evidence that proves it real.

team fake, you will never find any damning evidence that proves it fake.

you know why? because nintendo is the only source that can confirm or debunk the rumor. i'm not saying you can't take sides in the argument, but nobody should have the end goal of proving/debunking the leak because it is impossible as much as some would like to believe its possible.
I ****ing wish this was the case, but people don't listen. All I know is that I'm gonna silently watch

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Man, this thread is rocketing by lately. It’ll be interesting to see Nintendo's response.

I’d laugh my *** off if Sakurai saw this, and then immediately threw in a low effort echo and released them. Just so we could all go “oop, dead. He’s bot in the leak!”
Reminds me of how literally everyone considered the Gematsu leak fake once Shulk didn't appear when it was said he would even though in the end it was probably real for the time.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Oh no, ethics

But you eat chickens, I imagine, right? Yet chickens have been proven to feel boredom, frustration, hunger, pain, fear, and happiness. They even feel stress, becoming paranoid after predator attacks and visible discomforted by unnatural temperatures. And, perhaps most importantly, they feel empathy. They're also just very, very cute with lots of personality. They may not be able to verbally communicate with humans, but they're certainly intelligent creatures.

But yet, you would not eat the Grinch
Chickens aren’t sapient.

It's acceptable for my boi to eat the Grinch

Well.... sometimes :yoshi:
Did Yoshi ever cough up Luigi?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Godamn, another coincidence.

Either is PURE luck, a super farfetchd fake or everything makes sense.
Imagine if the Grinch material was actually to hint at when the direct will be instead of something actually being worked on??

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I think the best consensus is that there is no consensus. We go in circles, and for every pro leak thing we find a potential counter. It's the never ending debate.
it's the never ending debate that turns people off from the smash community and makes us look like an immature and nasty fanbase. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I'm seeing people throwing insults at each other and this and that. It's completely ridiculous that people are getting that angry over the leak's credibility. Even if one side of the debate presents very good evidence, they won't know if they're right or wrong without Nintnedo's official confirmation.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
it's the never ending debate that turns people off from the smash community and makes a look like an immature and nasty fanbase. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I'm seeing people throwing insults at each other and this and that. It's completely ridiculous that people are getting that angry over the leak's credibility. Even if one side of the debate presents very good evidence, they won't know if they're right or wrong without Nintnedo's official confirmation.
You and I come from a fanbase that was certain Mother 3 was going to come out this year for like ten years straight. Let's... cool it.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Well...if I haven't made myself clear in the past month or so that I've been on this thread, I'm obviously Team (click below to find out!)

Natsuki

D

Deleted member

Godamn, another coincidence.

Either is PURE luck, a super farfetch'd fake or everything makes sense.
I mean, the other Directs we've gotten have been in the early month and I predicted a Nov 1st or Nov 8th Direct as well. Pretty damn sure it would just be coincidence lol. What would be coincidence or 'everything makes sense' would be if in the credits of the 2000 Grinch, it said 'A Leak 18 years in the Making'.

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
Gotta say though, I feel bad for the Bara Tiger fans. It sucks to get your favorite ‘leaked’ and then realize they’re out...see thr Chorus Kid and Chrom fans last round. I was starting to come around too...
Except we don't know for sure if he's not in since so many other insiders believe that he is. My bet is he is very early DLC and thats why insiders have been hearing about him yet he is not on the banner....It's extremely curious that no insider has come out and outright said the leak is wrong, just that theyre more or less confused because theyre sure Incineroar or maybe some other characters are in as well.

Basically don't count Incineroar out yet!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh no, ethics

But you eat chickens, I imagine, right? Yet chickens have been proven to feel boredom, frustration, hunger, pain, fear, and happiness. They even feel stress, becoming paranoid after predator attacks and visible discomforted by unnatural temperatures. And, perhaps most importantly, they feel empathy. They're also just very, very cute with lots of personality. They may not be able to verbally communicate with humans, but they're certainly intelligent creatures.

But yet, you would not eat the Grinch
Yeah, but I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with a chicken about the ethics of ruining a town's christmas-time due to their lack of courteous noise control...
While rhyming in meter.

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
It was done quickly by the very guy trying to say it can't be done.
To clarify this isn't exactly right. This poster started with the leaked roster as a reference and experimented mostly with the amount of minute character movements required, only doing a bit of bg painting. They didn't make a clean background or do the kind of full recreation you're implying. And I think their points about how counterintuitive a lot of the faker's decisions would have to be still stand. If it is a fake (which I agree, is still undeniably possible) the faker elected to make their job needlessly more difficult over and over again.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
People keep talking about avoiding disappointment like it's the freaking bubonic plague...is it really THAT bad to be disappointed that an already amazing video game may not be as perfect as it could be? Is that disappointment so gut-wrenchingly awful it must be fought tooth and nail to be avoided?

This is coming from a Team Cautiously Optimistic member, btw. I'm not telling you it's wrong to feel that way, but is skirting disappointment at the unfulfillment of a theoretical situation really so bad? I'm just trying to understand that frame of mind, because to me it seems pretty harmless.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
People keep talking about avoiding disappointment like it's the freaking bubonic plague...is it really THAT bad to be disappointed that an already amazing video game may not be as perfect as it could be? Is that disappointment so gut-wrenchingly awful it must be fought tooth and nail to be avoided?

This is coming from a Team Cautiously Optimistic member, btw. I'm not telling you it's wrong to feel that way, but is skirting disappointment at the unfulfillment of a theoretical situation really so bad? I'm just trying to understand that frame of mind, because to me it seems pretty harmless.
I understand them tbh

No matter what, even if this game is probably gonna be my new favorite game of all time, I'll feel disappointment not seeing these 7 in if I'm team real. As a team fake I'll be much more okay if it's just Keniroar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom