• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Verge never specifically said Incineroar would be DLC.

Regardless, even though I'm not sure whether or not Verge is starting to hear things that could make him doubt his sources, I do know that every absent character can't be explained by "Oh, they're probably just DLC." Someone here is wrong, and I have a feeling it'll come down to Incineroar vs the Grinch Leak.
I find it hilarious that the future of this game's hype essentially rests on the beefy shoulders of a fire tiger heel wrestler.

All the more reason I want Incineroar in; his inclusion in Smash will make waves beyond anything he could have done in his own franchise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we know someone's orchestrating a really convincing fake leak somewhere.

The question is, is it Nintendo to smoke out leakers or is it some dude who has half decent art skills and wants a 50 year old Frenchman to suffer?

HELP! WE'RE STUCK IN A METAL GEAR PLOT!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
And that's what makes this leak so difficult. It's a matter of what to believe - an EXTREMELY convincing picture with a story to back it up, or a bunch of reliable insiders who are completely confused by this leak and say it doesn't match up at all with what they heard.
And why should we trust this rando?

D

Deleted member

Wow! What a surprise....:rolleyes:
I hope you people learn to stop giving this idiot any attention. It's just like with DBFZ.

"Radditz and Zarbon are base game!"
"Radditz are Zarbon are DLC!!"
And how he's saying they're gonna be S2 alongside SS4 Goku and Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren. Dude's full of ****. Stop giving him what he wants.

As an aside, I heard that the Grinch renders from the Eric Snapchat have been confirmed legit on the official Grinch Twitter, can someone verify? I heard they were recently revealed for the first time. If so, that's another plus for the Grinch leak.
Oh wait, I found it btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=113&v=nytpYtLtHpE

Seems to be this apparently. The Grinch back render from the leak is used at the start, shown off for the very first time too on Oct 24th.

In other words, the Grinch content from the leak is 100% legit. Now it's a question of how legit the Smash content is. Would a 50yo Frenchman with a family, who doesn't speak English (I checked his facebook too), go out of this way to create a fake Smash leak at his office just to trick "us kids"? I doubt it. I think Eric was ******** about how much work he had to do, and dun goofed. He posted something he thought was insignificant, and it wound up being actually something SUPER important unbeknownst to him.

Also, he's DEFINITELY not the guy behind the Chadnondorf leak.

The leak is 100% real, best start accepting it. It's legit.

D

Deleted member

What's odd is that these people are getting surprisingly angry about this.

If they have 100% proof of what the roster is, why are they so agitated by this leak? It does make me wonder if they themselves are unsure now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hum...Okay, a bit of news development on the Insider side

Ryce, someone that the administrator of ResetEra, Steve and basically other insiders backed up claimed this

Source

SEE? It seems that ALL of these insiders literally seems to implies that they have VISUAL proof for this roster.
Help.
I'm becoming crazy.
Really if he saw something different why isn't the creditable person showing this visual proof to us?

Or how do we know its not damage control attempt

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What's odd is that these people are getting surprisingly angry about this.

If they have 100% proof of what the roster is, why are they so agitated by this leak? It does make me wonder if they themselves are unsure now.
They're being angry because literally everyone is dissing them, insulting them, harrassing them because "URH DUR YOU DONT TALK" even though people before believed them.

Then some have enough and decide to talk as much AS THEY CAN without risking source Like Mystic, or Ryse

Only to get more insult and harassment for "URGH DUR WHY YOU DONT SHOW US THE LEAK?!"

In the end, right or wrong, they can't win and will get insulted

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And here's the thing, when these guys were hinting Ridley people ate it up and used it for evidence all the time, trust me I was there, I pointed to it.

But now? All of the sudden it's who are these people? Why should I care about "insiders"?

Seriously real or not I'm not saying, but hype has created so much bias for this leak it's not even funny.
Last week: "You're just angry because Verge isn't leaking the characters YOU want. We have no reason to doubt him."

Today: "I knew we shouldn't have trusted someone with a track record like that. Guy doesn't know squat."

Inconsistent opinions are inconsistent.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh wait, I found it btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=113&v=nytpYtLtHpE

Seems to be this apparently. The Grinch back render from the leak is used at the start, shown off for the very first time too on Oct 24th.

In other words, the Grinch content from the leak is 100% legit. Now it's a question of how legit the Smash content is. Would a 50yo Frenchman with a family, who doesn't speak English (I checked his facebook too), go out of this way to create a fake Smash leak at his office just to trick "us kids"? I doubt it. I think Eric was ******** about how much work he had to do, and dun goofed. He posted something he thought was insignificant, and it wound up being actually something SUPER important unbeknownst to him.

Also, he's DEFINITELY not the guy behind the Chadnondorf leak.

The leak is 100% real, best start accepting it. It's legit.
Ya gonna crash saying a leak si 100% real boy

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey, guys how about we stop arguing over a dumb leak that will be confirmed or debunked in like 2 weeks, and instead relax, have a cup of coffee, and discuss something more harmless?...

*Sip*
So... Are there any stages that you guys want to see that wouldn't be tied to a character?

Last edited:

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
I mean if people here/on Reddit don't find out who/where the guy is, 4chan will. That's just how it goes. Though I'm more suspecting that this is an elaborate hoax by someone with incredible attention to detail.

On Mach Rider's gender:

I know very little about the character, but look at the in-game art.

That is undeniably a male physique the likes of Captain Falcon.

Of course, there is always the "Samus" argument that it could be a woman in a suit, except that Samus was in a suit of large power armor that hid her identity, not a jumpsuit that showed muscle definition. You could stretch and say that it's a muscle suit with those built in to give that false impression, but... come on. Do you think the developers were putting that much thought and effort into it? Samus was only a woman because someone on the development team said "Wouldn't it be cool if Samus turned out to be a girl?" and that was it. I doubt the developers of Mach Rider were working on an elaborate ruse. And since this game predates Metroid, I find that even less likely.

It's not impossible, but I find it hard to believe that it's gone unconfirmed for over 30 years if this is indeed true. Sakurai could always make it true, though.

There isn't. The games unanimously refer to her as female. The Smash blog made a goof and said "it" but that's since been corrected. The only people who want to argue otherwise are just deluded.
Indeed, anyone who says Dark Samus is not female is becasue they dont know crap about Metroid. I mean just read the damn scans from Prime...

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Really if he saw something different why isn't the creditable person showing this visual proof to us?

Or how do we know its not damage control attempt
Because hypothetically some folks are decent human beings that wouldn't betray the trust of their sources.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hum...Okay, a bit of news development on the Insider side

Ryce, someone that the administrator of ResetEra, Steve and basically other insiders backed up claimed this

Source

SEE? It seems that ALL of these insiders literally seems to implies that they have VISUAL proof for this roster.
Help.
I'm becoming crazy.
And that's what makes this leak so difficult. It's a matter of what to believe - an EXTREMELY convincing picture with a story to back it up, or a bunch of reliable insiders who are completely confused by this leak and say it doesn't match up at all with what they heard.
I starting to think that maybe... there's more than one banner (i.e. there were fakes made with characters not actually in the game).
"Nothing in common"

So was the Ken leak a fake? :troll:

I really doubt these "sources" have the full roster but eh...
I don't know, that could be a slip of the tongue...
Something just occurred to me, and again I might be off with this. But can we entertain the possibility that there are more than just one render for the banner itself?

Think about it. The comparison we have in the first place comes from a digital screen to what is assumed to be a fabric banner. If i’m remembering this correctly as well, the images/image of this banner are in plastic wrap. That seems like that would be also factors in distorting what the actual image looks like.

Or, at least, logically I would think so.

I mean I think the comparisons were worthwhile and i’m glad they were done. But I just can’t help but feel like we’re missing something with that.

Like for example, we’re talking between the digital banner on the website, the banner in the digital screen at E3, an assumed fabric cloth banner to be hung up in that wrap, and then whatever material the one for the college tour is. I would assume a digital screen would allow the colors to seem brighter and clearer than a cloth that’s much less in focus and wrapped in plastic.

Or am I crazy?

I don’t know. I would be absolutely out of my mind if this leak ends up real. I am trying to stay cautious though in case it isn’t. I hope I don’t come across as desperate but i’m actually wondering if that would explain anything about the differences.

Another thing actually that I thought about just this second, is something I actually bought based on BOTW art. I downloaded a HQ pic of the BOTW cover and uploaded it to a canvas production site to purchase. While it still looks nice, some parts of the image are blurrier than they are on the screen of my MacBook for example.

I just wonder if that’s what’s happening here.
This sounds plausible.

JellieBomb

Smash Rookie
"This leak that you all can visually see contradicts this thing I saw that I can't show you privately that totally is different and also I won't tell you what's in that one I saw it a few months ago guys I swear."

Yeah.
Exactly this. Also, I can't imagine Nintendo hanging out with the insiders and casually saying, "Hey, check out this Smash roster. But don't tell anybody!" Sakurai and the team have been extremely tight-lipped about this game from the start. Nobody even had a clue what this game was until the week of E3. I don't understand why or how some of these random journalists have confidential information at all.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If there's one thing this leak has done, it has revealed to me that apparently a new Grinch movie is coming out or something.

I'm not gonna go see it, but I now know it exists.

So I guess that's something.

Never thought Smash Ultimate would lead me here.

Last edited:

Zenos

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xenos15
Y'know Insiders can't just tell us, or show us what they've seen? That would put their positions in jeopardy, not to mention their sources.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Exactly this. Also, I can't imagine Nintendo hanging out with the insiders and casually saying, "Hey, check out this Smash roster. But don't tell anybody!" Sakurai and the team have been extremely tight-lipped about this game from the start. Nobody even had a clue what this game was until the week of E3. I don't understand why or how some of these random journalists have confidential information at all.
You're doubting.... things that actually have happened? Because insider information do exist, denying that is kinda delusional.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
We just need one more Smash direct to get some definite answers. It's only a matter of time at this point. Though I'll be quite cross at Sakurai if he releases a direct just a few days before the game releases. Say, December 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom