• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Y'know what, I'm just gonna say that we're really not getting Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, Geno and whoever else, this game is just isn't real and we're all gonna go back to playing Smash 64 pulling Prince and Isai level combo arena tournaments with how CRAZY this week has been, man.

AND YET WE STILL HAVE ONE CHARACTER WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That Grinch leak is super ****ing shady to me

You're trying to sell me that Sakuri and co decided to slow down reveals while they still had Shadow, Ken, Banjo, Geno, Chorus, and Mach Rider in their pocket?

You're telling me they're going to reveal all the perviously stated characters in the following month? The biggest reveal we've gotten so far was 2 uniques and 3 echos (sans everyone is here). We're talking 4 uniques and two largely unrelated echos left, when the hell are these reveals supposed to happen, and why did they hold off and not spread it out throughout the droughts when Geno, Banjo, and Shadow on their own could generate massive hype? No, no, just solo announce Issabelle, that's the way to do it when we have about 6 characters to announce still

I also noticed a lack of incineroar which forces me to grow more suspicious

Also where the **** is Steve

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
That's not what I was referring to (and maybe @papagenos was referring to that, so apologies if I misinterpreted), I was referring to the background without the characters on it.
Probably he was, because the lamp thing has even less reason to be altered since it's going to be pretty freaking giant (though I think the charactlerless background is referencing some sort of TV stand like in E3)

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I'm a bit bored so I'll expand on @drag0nscythe's idea. List your top 5 favorite and least favorite characters in SSBU. Explanations are fine, but not needed.

Favorite: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultsonic:

Least Favorite: :ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwario: (this all could change)

What about you?
I'll play along with this

Favorite: :ultrichter::ultryu::ultlittlemac::ultsonic::ultfalcon:

Least Favorite: :ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultmiifighters::ultjigglypuff:

This will of course change if the leak is real. I'd remove Little Mac and Sonic to replace them with Mach Rider and Banjo&Kazooie. And I guess I'm not that indifferent to the leak. I'll be extremely happy for those rooting for Banjo and Genos to be in this game. Heavens know they've been waiting years for this moment.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Since the Grinch leak has an 90% chance of being real, this could possibly mean the CoroCoro stage info is BS and really is about 108 total covering it up to avoid getting in trouble.

If that’s (hopefully) the case, here’s what I want/expect:

104-Golden Sun stage
105-Banjo Kazooie stage
106-Rhythm Heaven stage
107-Returning stage
108-New first party stage

Last edited:

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
New game if true how do you guys think the newcomers will be in order? Personally I believe.

69: Incineroar (The missing character)
70: Mach Rider
71: Chorus Kids
72: Isaac
73: Geno
74: Banjo-Kazooie
38e: Shadow
60e: Ken
If I may ask what’s this about a missing character? Have seen people talking about it but I can’t fidn anything. And I can see your guesses being right!

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
MY GUY, I WILL GO STARGAZING WITH ETIKA IF I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD 16GB WITH HOW MY INTERNET IS LMAO

Okay, thank you guys for the information, I will look into seeing if Jeff Bezos can come through for us Smashers in the West Coast
If it's anything like most recent digital preorders you'll be able to preload the game a few days/weeks early

Also, for those debating in the missing "red grass" item, that's not from mario, it's a weed from animal crossing

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think this is pretty interesting, it may be an indicative that certain characters might have a good chance of joining the roster via DLC:

Screenshot_2018-10-26-01-11-25.png

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I'd also add that the possibility of being another healing item with sprout imagery. It could possibly be a personal Healing Field that works like Franklin's Badge of Screw Attack.
I've been thinking about this. While Smash has plenty of healing items, there isn't a single one that heals over time. Since that's how the Healing Field works, I'm starting to think this might be the personal version of it (maybe along the lines of "you get healed as long as you hold it")

D

Deleted member

It's honestly likely Incineroar.
You know what, since everyone is going insane right now this week, I'm jumping on board. It ain't Incineroar, he's the new Chrom.
We're getting Sora @ The Game Awards and going hard, those sources are on a clean streak.

Remember this post when you see Mickey Mouse throwing hands with Mario and Sonic.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Probably he was, because the lamp thing has even less reason to be altered since it's going to be pretty freaking giant (though I think the charactlerless background is referencing some sort of TV stand like in E3)
Yeah, then thanks for the correction. Still, even if it's large, it all depends on the distance it will be. I don't think nitpicking (in either direction) can ever be conclusive, though I found some of the arguments from Arty's Omni compelling in the fake direction. And I feel like the real side would be much more conclusive had there been macro-details hidden by the characters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Uh, I'm a bit bored so I'll expand on @drag0nscythe's idea. List your top 5 favorite and least favorite characters in SSBU. Explanations are fine, but not needed.

Favorite: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultsonic:

Least Favorite: :ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwario: (this all could change)

What about you?
Might as well do mine:

Favorite: :ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultbowser::ultridley::ultmetaknight:

Least Favorite::ultvillager::ulticeclimbers::ultolimar::ultgnw::ultisabelle: (I don't really hate any character, but I'm not fond of these guys)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hate and Least Favorite are two different things. Just because you like them the least doesn't mean you hate them.
Probably Steve?
Or Sora...who knows anymore. Well, not us, so there's nothing we can really do about it except wait. Sigh.
And we don't even have to wait that long.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I may ask what’s this about a missing character? Have seen people talking about it but I can’t fidn anything. And I can see your guesses being right!
Don't know the details exactly but according to folks at said company where this banner leak came from there's a character missing on the banner.

This should give you more insight on it.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Unless this new character is DLC I'm not buying the "one character we don't know" spiel

Why would they have every character on the roster on the supposedly completed banner used for merchandising... sans one?

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
That Grinch leak is super ****ing shady to me

You're trying to sell me that Sakuri and co decided to slow down reveals while they still had Shadow, Ken, Banjo, Geno, Chorus, and Mach Rider still in their pocket?

You're telling me they're going to reveal all the perviously stated characters in the following month? The biggest reveal we've gotten so far was 2 uniques and 3 echos (sans everyone is here). We're talking 4 uniques and two largely unrelated echos left, when the hell are these reveals supposed to happen, and why did they hold off and not spread it out throughout the droughts when Geno, Banjo, and Shadow on their own could generate massive hype? No, no, just solo announce Issabelle, that's the way to do it when we have about 6 characters to announce still

I also noticed a lack of incineroar which forces me to grow more suspicious

Also where the **** is Steve
Do you live under the rock for long time or something like that

Dude, this leak was activitely debated to see if it was fake or real, and to this day, we are still debating.

Also about incenroar and steve, we think that they were likely leak bait to smell out potential leakers.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
According to some sources there's said to be a character missing in the banner. It's most likely Incineroar.
Alright, less suspicious, but 7 ****ing newcomers, 5 of which uniques, all left for the final month and deliberately slowing down reveals while also giving us stuff like Isabelle by herself when she couldve been promoted with others makes no ****ing sense to me

Either is fake or Nintendo is ztupid

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I have no idea if its from golden sun or not but the bubble was probly added just so the item is easier to see.

this game is on the portable switch so a thin small object would get lost a bit without something like that, again no clue if its from golden sun or not but it certainly could be.
I thought this too. It would also be a pretty awkward shape for Isaac to hold, while a ball is much easier.

Ganon K. Roolenstein

Smash Cadet
Gonna address this argument:

"Just because there's a Golden Sun item, doesn't mean Isaac is playable. Also, Lip has an item, and she's not playable".

If this new item is from Golden Sun, that means Sakurai added an item from a dormant franchise for (seemingly) no reason. I find that highly suspect. Also, Lip's item was added back when she was still relevant.

Edit: Forget about the Lip part, it's wrong.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright, less suspicious, but 7 ****ing newcomers, 5 of which uniques, all left for the final month and deliberately slowing down reveals while also giving us stuff like Isabelle by herself when she couldve been promoted with others makes no ****ing sense to me

Either is fake or Nintendo is ztupid
Well there are rumors of two Directs happening in November. I could see them revealing all of them in both. Maybe 4 in the first then 4 in the second.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It seems like a weird set of 7 which makes it more believable to me. Obviously I'm not sold on if it's real or not though. If I had to pick I would still lean towards it being fake, but it adds a certain twist that I could see Sakurai doing. He likes those odd characters such as R.O.B, Duck Hunt and Game and Watch.

It's really hard to pick 7 characters once you think about it. Even more so when you consider echo fighters. I'd go with something like this though for my 7 picks:
1.png

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
This whole "One extra character we don't know about." Is giving me ESRB vibes were people were saying that there were extra characters that had to be unlocked or were DLC.

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
Don't know the details exactly but according to folks at said company where this banner leak came from there's a character missing on the banner.

This should give you more insight on it.
Thanks! Was curious when I kept seeing people talking about it but couldn’t find anything. I must have slept through it when it popped up lol and I can definitely see it being incineroar and I hope it is personally

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Do you live under the rock for long time or something like that

Dude, this leak was activitely debated to see if it was fake or real, and to this day, we are still debating.

Also about incenroar and steve, we think that they were likely leak bait to smell out potential leakers.
I got busy man how TF I'm supposed to know Dr.Sues was gonna piss in everyone's cereal while I was gone

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
Well I’ve been sort of lurking here since last night so I finally made an account. Happy to be here and look forward to hyping the next smash direct with everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom