• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
An idea is that it has a slightly different function and design for flat stages.

It hasn't had a blog entry yet so they could bring it up there.

I don't think this is quite the case, but some food for thought.
I'll be honest, that seems like quite the stretch. If they can have huge characters like Mother Brain or legendaries work on the 2d stages, I don't see why they couldn't have an item with a larger radius than normal.

All 2d stages do is implement a compressed aesthetic, everything is still actually 3d.

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Hi, I just wanted to quickly give my opinion On this potential important item.

Even though I think this leak is fake, I have believed Issac was in, I have no idea about the Golden Sun Series, but, that dosen't mean he's completely in yet, he could just be an Assist Trophy with a new item for more rep. But I doubt that.

I'll be entering discussions here and there. Also, can someone tell me of there are more Assist Trophys coming? I feel that possible we could have at least 10 or 15 assist trophys left to see.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
What the hell kind of demo are they running where they have a supposed Golden Sun item in and are touring to college kids and fans? That seems like a NDA/PR nightmare to include stuff like that?
I don't think that item is necessarily in the Wendy's tailgate demo -- the in-game footage shown is more likely just representational footage for the game in general, and not footage representing what is actually happening in the "action shots" of people playing the demo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
i could be wrong but my theory is that the bubble was added to make it stand out from the villager's down b. especially with 8 players it would be hard to tell at a quick glance the difference
I'm pretty sure that would apply to most every single item.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's a good idea to clear up possible confusion. This image is NOT from Golden Sun:

The left half is the Smash Ultimate item overlaid on top of the GS item; it's a comparison of some sort made by a fan. Here's the sprite from GS:

As you can see, the bubble, which is prominent in the Smash item, is not there at all in the Golden Sun item.

In other words, the item has no particular similarities to Golden Sun other than "being a generic two-leaved sprout." As far as I'm able to tell, anyway.
My personal opinion is that the bubble was added to better differentiate it from similar things like Villager's Down special when he leaves the seedling in the ground. Whatever it is though, it sure is interesting.

Last edited:

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
An idea is that it has a slightly different function and design for flat stages.
EVERY item so far has worked EXACTLY the same in flat stages. Why would this one in particular cause a problem? And if it did (somehow) then they would just change the opening animation, not the item itself.
I'm not 100% sold that this is from Golden Sun (could be another original item) but saying that this is the healing field is just pure delusion.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Jeez, you're making me feel old for having been born in 1990!
Well my Smash friends back in Columbus were my age or older, but since I moved to Oregon most of the guys I've met to Smash with are like five years younger than I am.

It's a running joke that I'm the "old man" and I'm ****ing 29.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Holy...

This is just craziness.

Granted, there have been items without a stage or character to go along with them.

But man, what a twist. Assuming this is from Golden Sun of course.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Despite evidence, keep in mind there still IS the possibility that this is all a giant coincidence(oh boy, it would be a big coincidence).

just this item could be in

isaac and the item are in, the other 6 aren't

the grinch leak is true + this item

vergeben is missing info(incineroar is dlc), grinch leak is real, item is in
I'm on the front lines for Isaac, but if we just got him and Geno & Banjo got screwed I'd be sad. The Boomer Three would be such an amazing set of reveals.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's a good idea to clear up possible confusion. This image is NOT from Golden Sun:

The left half is the Smash Ultimate item overlaid on top of the GS item; it's a comparison of some sort made by a fan. Here's the sprite from GS:

As you can see, the bubble, which is prominent in the Smash item, is not there at all in the Golden Sun item.

In other words, the item has no particular similarities to Golden Sun other than "being a generic two-leaved sprout." As far as I'm able to tell, anyway.
This thread would be a lot more helpful if most of the people here actually played Golden Sun and didn't automatically scream, "A PLANT!! IT MUST BE GOLDEN SUN!!"

But it's not like I have room to talk. I never played it either.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmmmm

Derrick is streaming right now and absolutely refusing a discussion on the leak. They haven't paid any attention to the facts past the initial image, but derrick says he'd love if its real but doesn't see how they could have 5 trailers back to back.

I really think they're hiding something here. GX never strays from leaks with this much evidence.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Doesn't it look a lot like Villager's sapling?

But it wouldn't be the AC sapling as an item because it's always potted in that game.

Confirmation

Smash Ace

Even though I think this leak is fake, I have believed Issac was in, I have no idea about the Golden Sun Series, but, that dosen't mean he's completely in yet, he could just be an Assist Trophy with a new item for more rep. But I doubt that.

I'll be entering discussions here and there. Also, can someone tell me of there are more Assist Trophys coming? I feel that possible we could have at least 10 or 15 assist trophys left to see.
If Isaac & Golden Sun were able to claw themselves out of the Shadow Realm enough to get an item, the sky's the limit.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
You see, the thing is, we're actually getting a new fighter that is every single one that was in the Grinch leak combined, and it's name is: "Bansaacchouskenadowridenorinchcineroar".
It's splash screen is,
"Bansaacchouskenadowridenorinchcineroar leaks the competition!"

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hmmmm

Derrick is streaming right now and absolutely refusing a discussion on the leak. They haven't paid any attention to the facts past the initial image, but derrick says he'd love if its real but doesn't see how they could have 5 trailers back to back.

I really think they're hiding something here. GX never strays from leaks with this much evidence.
Or they're baiting/actually doesn't wanna talk about it. I really wouldn't take it into consideration.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hmmmm

Definitely feels conspiracy-like to me-this post that is-but...that is actually interesting

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don’t think it’s actually possible for any other thread to move as fast as this one. This thread moves at ludicrous speeds.
Pretty soon we'll hit Plaid and thing's'll really kick into high gear.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Hmmmm

or a trailer that shows all of them which would be madness

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Doesn't it look a lot like Villager's sapling?

But it wouldn't be the AC sapling as an item because it's always potted in that game.
That sapling stem is made of wood.

View attachment 172111

The stem curves in the exact same way, but the leaves are a bit different.
Which is why I think it's a second healing item related to the field. If it was an original item to Smash. One that you pick up and "absorb" and is only for one person instead of multiple.
They added the item section to the site after 8/8, right? Which means if they redesigned it, it'd have been after that. Wouldn't they have noticed if it broke on flat stages before then?

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

Hello!

As far as your Assist Trophy question is concerned, we'll have at least 10 more left to be revealed, as we know of 40 at this time, and there are at least 50 in the game. Whether we'll see them or not, it's hard to say, but I have a feeling we will see the remaining ones in the final Smash direct.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's a 4Chan meme referring to younger Gen Xers and older Millenials who are starting to settle down and start a family, thusly adopting traits that are associated with suburban dads (such as an affinity for lawn care). As such, boomer picks refer to characters that only people playing during the NES-Gamecube era would identify.

What qualifies as a boomer pick generally varies, but its usually a character that hasn't been seen for awhile: some say Geno is a boomer pick, some say Banjo is a boomer pick, and some say Isaac is a boomer pick.
Thanks for the explanation, as I assumed it's ironic. Since I still live with my parents, don't have a job/relationship and go to school, the ironic relabeling at least doesn't apply to me still :p

Chrono.

Hmmmm

Smash fans have been hounding everyone notable.

I'm not surprised they wanna steer clear of this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This thread would be a lot more helpful if most of the people here actually played Golden Sun and didn't automatically scream, "A PLANT!! IT MUST BE GOLDEN SUN!!"

But it's not like I have room to talk. I never played it either.
Why would people think a sprout had anything to do with Golden Sun unless they played the game to know it resembled Growth?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That sapling stem is made of wood.

Which is why I think it's a second healing item related to the field. If it was an original item to Smash. One that you pick up and "absorb" and is only for one person instead of multiple.
They added the item section to the site after 8/8, right? Which means if they redesigned it, it'd have been after that. Wouldn't they have noticed if it broke on flat stages before then?
As bought up before-again absolutely not accusing you of saying "it's gotta be healing field"-Mother Brain and other very..."Extra" items like her work perfectly fine in 2D.

D

Deleted member

I'm hopeful y'all (just bc elma/rex wouldn't stand a chance agains isaac in dlc so i want him in base to avoid that lol) but remember that "generic sprout item" is NOT exclusive to gs nor does it look "exactly" like growth at all. Still hype tho, I used to be firmly in team fake but now I'm 60/40 towards real

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Who would win?

A ton of graphic designers and artists coming out to point out valid discrepencies with the backgrounds of a huge leak as well as numerous reliable insiders basically saying "no" to it

Or...

One leaf-y orb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom