• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
but... it doesn't

incineroar missing doesn't mean incineroar won't be in

he just said minecraft content; not steve
geno adds up as an SE character
square-enix is there

come on verge; you can do better than that
The text leak that happened about a month about that lines up with this says that we aren't getting any more pokemon.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Something weird I just now realized. GameXplain came out and said they won't be talking about the leak anymore. The only thing they did was making a short video shooting the leak down and didn’t really have much serious discussion. Something this massive and they're essentially just ignoring it. Seems kinda suspicious to me.
I don't like Gamexplain, but they got eaten alive for just originally being on the fence and thinking the leak may be fake. I wouldn't blame them one bit if they stopped talking about it period.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Also has Vergeben said anything about this? AFAIK he went radio silent on Smash leaks about halfway through Isabelle's reveal - present day
Hes been quite hush recently, because some leakers are getting caught.. Another reason why I believe Ken is indeed the "leak bait"

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
but... it doesn't

square-enix is there

I have to disagree. Unless Incineroar was DLC why would he be omitted from the final banner?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Thank you for this, ManlySpirit.

This has been bugging me for the past few hours, and I'm glad someone more knowledgeable stepped in.

*coughs up blood*
It's really disturbing to me that so many people whose job it is to have sources and look through evidence--some of them don't know what the **** they're talking about when it comes to evidence and reason.

D

Deleted member

Someday...

Removed censor dodging image.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
but... it doesn't

square-enix is there

Not to be rude, but he said he knows names that are thrown around for the SE characters, even as leak bait. Maybe Geno wasn't one he heard? And, I think what goes against him is the Incineroar Missing, he, and all insiders seems to be dead set on Incineroar for some reason, idk why

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So when is the next Direct? I believe maybe there will be one final Direct to reveal all it might not be this month, but it will be on a Happy Rusev Day when we finally see Medusa.
Very likely the week after next. Next week Halloween is smack dab in the middle, so likely won’t have one then because people may be out and doing stuff and will miss the direct. Week after is November 5-9, one month before game’s release, so I definitely think we’ll get something then, and just a personal feeling I think it’ll be November 8th.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All that waiting just for that?! I was kind of hoping he’d start freaking the hell out again just like he did with the Music Theory lol. That was entertaining.
You realize the only reason he acted that way was because a ****ton of Smash fans (read, uncivilized barbarians) kept giving him **** because THEY believed Music Theory and jumped at him because a Pokemon remix came up

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I have to disagree. Unless Incineroar was DLC why would he be omitted from the final banner?
who said it was the final banner?

ya'll keep making these conclusions that are just really jarring to me. SourceGaming said on their cast that they "don't believe it because not that many newcomers would be revealed in one direct" - but here's the kicker: why would it all be in one direct

it's nintendo's marketing. i've followed this company long enough to say that everyone should be a bit more skeptical of how they do things.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Something I've been thinking about lately...

Due to the blurriness of the leak the leaker, if fake, wouldn't even need to draw new renders for the new characters. If we're to assume that the whole thing is fake then the blurriness is intentional and was due to hide discrepancies, thus new renders aren't necessary as all that matters would be that the new characters could be recognized. How would he get the new renders though? Well just piece together various existing renders.

...I did that all the time when I was younger and made Sonic fan characters.
One thing.

The leak isn't blurry because it's a photo-shopped "photo", it's blurry because it was a physical item on a desk taken from afar (and zoomed in by us).

Obviously, this means nothing to your actual poiint.
So if the guy was really impersonating Eric, that's an actual felony.

Not sure what happens after that.
If the guy gets caught, he gets taken to court; and either (harshly) fined or given a jail sentence.
Something weird I just now realized. GameXplain came out and said they won't be talking about the leak anymore. The only thing they did was making a short video shooting the leak down and didn’t really have much serious discussion. Something this massive and they're essentially just ignoring it. Seems kinda suspicious to me.

View attachment 171988
Yeah, that is suspicious.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I feel like people completely forgot why "insiders" are called "insiders" and just made it a banner for proeminent people they think are dumb for disagreeing with the leak lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m not too concerned what is real or not with the leaks if I end up being wrong or not.

Sure I want people in but it just adds unneeded stress. If who I want gets in I will flip out and get hyped but at this point I really just want a date for a direct badly, just to find out more about the game.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
View attachment 171987

Vergeben posted again, for people that wanted to know
Is it me or is he condescending? Because we thought that Incienroar was possibility leak bait, now I think he was still thinking on it. and credibility of grinch leak have been debated so heavily and evidences from both sides about being fake or real

If you ask me, It's ****ing complicated at all. Because Grinch leak didn't have incienroar in it, and I think verge's sources fell for leakbait or not.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
but... it doesn't

square-enix is there

Someone should tell him exactly that.

There is a sad realization though. If this turns out to be real, there is a good chance we may never find out why, how or who was behind this leak. It literally could go unanswered long after the game comes out.

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
Oof, thank god Suda51 is waiting to release Travis Strikes Back after smash comes out. If he released it this year I'd be too busy playing that to give a shid about this malarkey.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I feel like people completely forgot why "insiders" are called "insiders" and just made it a banner for proeminent people they think are dumb for disagreeing with the leak lol
on one hand, they shouldn't. on the opposing hand, as an 'insider', info we get really varies. people think it works like some magic paint can and it really does not.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have returned from playing WoW, sleeping, and finding out something horrible happened to one of my favorite youtubers.

what i miss?
Still the debate whether this banner is real or not, oh and VergeBen finally gave out his thoughts about it just not the way we were expecting it.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman

Is it me or is he condescending? Because we thought that Incienroar was possibility leak bait, now I think he was still thinking on it. and credibility of grinch leak have been debated so heavily and evidences from both sides about being fake or real

If you ask me, It's ****ing complicated at all. Because Grinch leak didn't have incienroar in it, and I think verge's sources fell for leakbait or not.
Honestly leak bait is one of the smarter things companies have been doing recently, and if Nintendo did use leak bait I’d be pretty surprised given how out of touch they can be sometimes with new standards and all. I wouldn’t past them though, and huge props to them IF Incineroar really was leak bait.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
God this thread has been an absolute nightmare keeping up with.

I'm hard pressed to come to a real conclusion on my thoughts for the leak. To be perfectly honest I'm probably about 80/20 in thinking the leak is real, but it's getting hard to feel that way not because of a lack of evidence (if anything the evidence supports the leak), but because my two most wanted are included in it. Regardless, I'm trying to be as objective as I can.

So much adds up and there's so many small details not just about the story but in the image itself. From the pieces of the character art being revealed that were previously obscured (even those not on the front cover), to the hanging display diagrams for the setups, to the paper layout being eerily similar to real documents of the same type, to the wristband, to even the Grinch stuff, it just seems too perfect. The pieces just fall into place a bit too conveniently for this to be some elaborate hoax in my eyes.

The only two leaks to ever send us into a frenzy like this were Omni's Rayman and the ESRB leak. Rayman was a great piece of video editing that, while in retrospect had some fairly noticeable flaws, and we had never had such a high-quality fake before. It was unprecedented.

What I've seen most people equate this to is the ESRB leak, which makes a whole lot of sense in my eyes. The context of the leak lined up, some of the most heavily expected / rumored characters were not present, and all criticisms and alleged discrepancies in the image were nothing more than nitpicking at what was in fact a real leak. That's not to say that it's guaranteed to be real and everyone trying to pick it apart are wasting their time, it's just to say that it's been hard to find one valid criticism of the image that isn't chocked up to "well it could be faked if they tried really hard" which doesn't really convince me when pretty much every other image leak we've had since the end of Smash 4 has been either obviously fake or outright disproven beyond reasonable doubt very soon after it appeared. The only thing that seems like it could be of note is that Chorus Kids render, as I'm kind of unclear on what the stance is with that. If someone could inform me that would be awesome.

Before I end this, my one question that keeps ringing in my head is, why? Even those who say this is fake are agreeing that it is one of the most high-quality and detailed fakes we have ever seen. But if you're going to make a leak like that, why release it now when a direct is inevitable within the next couple of weeks which would end up disproving it? Not only with the image itself but the setup of information to lead to a foreign press company that works with Bandai and also possibly frame a real employee for a fake leak. All that effort would go to waste seemingly, and it really doesn't seem like a logical thing to do at this point in speculation.

D

Deleted member

All the people calling insiders "dumb" and saying "they don't know what they're talking about" really need to grow some self-awareness and realize what they're doing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah, honestly, it's surprising how calm Vergeben answered compared to the time the Music theory was dead. He answered calmly, just saying that it's funny to watch us go crazy, and that he still stand by his belief. The leak go against what he heard.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
on one hand, they shouldn't. on the opposing hand, as an 'insider', info we get really varies. people think it works like some magic paint can and it really does not.
Totally, but a lot of people are ****ting on them for the wrong reasons. People that have been right in the community for 10+ years like Serebii. Like, these people, a lot of times, DO know more, otherwise they wouldn't be called insiders in the first place.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Someday...
I love this post so much. It gives me another reason to hate Illumination.

So basically Vergeben is in the same stance as many insiders.

No surprises there.
I can't wait to see whether or not this leak is fake.

To see everyone's hopes and dreams simultaneously crushed.

Or every insider's credibility get completely destroyed in an instant.

Either way, they next few weeks are going to be VERY interesting/entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom