• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can I still do this side-quest if I already beat the game?
Unfortunately no, you can't go back to the starting screen either once you beat the game lol, it just stays there until you turn the system off.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I can't believe after the Subspace Emissary cloud mess in late October/early November 2007 we are circling around to the same "let's look at the cloud" nonsense 11 years later.

We are all just slaves to the cloud, with no way of defeating them.
okay but i swear i saw ridley and geno in the clouds

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
HELP I'M STILL SO TORN.

I'm supposed to be doing NaNoWriMo prep but I'm just hanging here and on Reddit.

Doesn't help that the One Piece spoilers were epic...

I just love speculation so much.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bayonetta is SEGA so Sega is 3.
Damn, you right, you right.

So if this leak holds up, we got 13 3rd party characters, 1 more 3rd party character playable in this game than Smash 64 had playable characters.
3 from SEGA, Capcom and Konami
2 from Square Enix
1 from Namco Bandai and Microsoft

Dang, all we need is like Heihachi + either Kazuya or Jin (or both) as an Echo and Sora and each company but Microsoft has at least 3 (Master Chief would be dope AF too).

If this leak is real, we are going to have at least 15 or 16 3rd party characters minimum by the time DLC is finished.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
What I cant wait to see is how Mach Rider will work
We already can see her design is different and new, a mix of her melee and NES look (it looks like shes mostly NES inspired with her melee bike)

I think itll be a situation where shes like falcon and comes in on her bike and uses it in her final smash but doesnt actually use her bike in her normal moves. Instead using her gun and kicks/punches or whatever else

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unfortunately no, you can't go back to the starting screen either once you beat the game lol, it just stays there until you turn the system off.
Well, I plan on replaying it one day. I suppose i'll get around to it then.

HELP I'M STILL SO TORN.

I'm supposed to be doing NaNoWriMo prep but I'm just hanging here and on Reddit.

Doesn't help that the One Piece spoilers were epic...

I just love speculation so much.
Write your story, but take a break every once in a while to check out the boards and reddit.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
You're still having discussion on this leak? Geez, you're so restless...
LOL What else is there to talk about boo other than Isabelle being hit with a hammer in the new switch ad
I mean the entire roster just most likely got leaked
Why WOULDNT we talk about that mostly LOL

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
1. The expectation of receiving 5 unique fighters in a span of a single month.
Something a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that we received exactly that many with the announcement of Brawl.

Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Meta Knight, and Snake were ALL revealed then.

Melee also revealed Zelda, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Bowser, and Peach with it's reveal iirc.

What's so unlikely about Ultimate pulling a reverse and ending off the reveal cycle this time with an influx of new characters?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
You're still having discussion on this leak? Geez, you're so restless...
Yeah because we can't debunk it. It'll probably be the news until the next direct unless the leaker comes forward or we can figure out where the character artwork comes from.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Something a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that we received exactly that many with the announcement of Brawl.

Melee also revealed Zelda, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Bowser, and Peach with it's reveal iirc.

What's so unlikely about Ultimate pulling a reverse and ending off the reveal cycle this time with an influx of new characters?
The fact that a reversal it's unlikely just for the concept itself and that Sakurai said they were slowing down. I find no reason to doubt the man this much

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I need some catching up. Why is Sora confirmed? He's not in the leaked murai
Lot's of insiders are hinting at a "bigger" character missing from the mural, perhaps one that will be announced at the game awards. Best guess seems like Sora.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we get a Smash Bros. edit of this like yesterday?
"That's it? That's the final Direct? That was just a cheap Tony the Tiger rip-off and blond Ryu!"

"What a rip."

"GRRRRRRR SAKURAI BETRAYED US! Waaaaaaaaa, I'm gonna get rid if all my Switch stuff! ALL OF IT!"

"I'm gonna sell my Switch, that's what I'll do! Sell it!"

I mean, I would hope no one reacts this way, but TBH this is the internet, someone somewhere probably will. :p

UpgradeX

Smash Cadet
Lot's of insiders are hinting at a "bigger" character missing from the mural, perhaps one that will be announced at the game awards. Best guess seems like Sora.
It's gonna be Thanos and when you download him than half the roster gets removed until you finish his campaign.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So a question about the 'leak' mural - this is the first time we see Roys foot right? it looks a little weird as it doesn't seem to follow the perspective of the scene.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So for those who read my previous comments. I wanted to believe this leak very much and I was trying hard to prove it to be true. Vaanrose and I took all versions of the mural and started pinpointing "spots" that have never been visible in any version (when characters get moved around, some new spots get revealed and some new spots get obscured, but some spots are obscured in every single version) and then compared those spots in the leak to the E3. In every single case, they were different. In fact, as far as I could tell, every place where the leak differs to the E3 mural is exactly a place that has been obscured in every version.

This leads me to believe that this leak is probably fake. Vaanrose showed me how easy it is to cut a character and have photoshop fill in the blank space for you with an appropriate looking space.

My theory, that I can prove by doing it myself, is that whoever made the leak basically took all previous versions of the poster, cut all characters from each version and then combined all what he had. He then either had photoshop fill in the blank spaces left, or filled him out himself (these are all the spaces that are just wrong).

I myself found 7 different inconsistencies in this way that Vaanrose had not previously listed (so add those to the list he has already provided).

epicgordan

Smash Ace

I'll give you a little bit of leeway there, even though I was speaking more about Ultimate's cycle here.

With that said, it is worth noting that Melee and Brawl's reveal cycles were quite a bit different from what we had with Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate. These initial reveal trailers at E3 were literally it as far as reveal trailers were concerned. As far as I can tell, if Brawl and Melee had reveal trailers for every fighter, they are nowhere to be found on YouTube. Sonic was the lone exception and had received special treatment as such. But other than that, I believe the full rosters for both games were revealed gradually via still images either posted online or in magazines.

It wasn't until Smash 4 where we started seeing reveal trailers for all the unique newcomers. And on top of that, they were spread out over the course of several months while the returning veterans were relegated to the usual Pic of the Day treatment. It was kind of the reason why he insisted that Waluigi and Skull Kid were not playable when their Pics of the Day popped up.

Also as a side note, Jigglypuff was the only unlockable character to pop up in that initial reveal trailer for Melee--which was also the intro to the game, no less.

Either way, doesn't change the fact that, if fake, that somebody would realistically be of such unsound mind to go out of their way to waste away their lives just to create a most elaborate fake leak like this. I still think it's real, but not to a religious extent.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So, at the end you won.
After watching that gif that overlapped the leak picture of the empty battlefield with the one from E3, and noticing that they match more than what I thought, you have convinced me.

I changed my mind, from 100% fake to 98% fake.
I think there's a 2% of chance that this can be real, that's it.

There are still a lot of discrepancies and flaws in it though, so I'm still fully in team fake.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
So I just woke up. What did I miss in the last hours? The last thing I know is that Spawn Wave said that he was sure the leak was false, and now I saw that PapaGenos had a source that told him it's real....
What did I miss? It's real? It's not? Some new info? I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
So for those who read my previous comments. I wanted to believe this leak very much and I was trying hard to prove it to be true. Vaanrose and I took all versions of the mural and started pinpointing "spots" that have never been visible in any version (when characters get moved around, some new spots get revealed and some new spots get obscured, but some spots are obscured in every single version) and then compared those spots in the leak to the E3. In every single case, they were different. In fact, as far as I could tell, every place where the leak differs to the E3 mural is exactly a place that has been obscured in every version.

This leads me to believe that this leak is probably fake. Vaanrose showed me how easy it is to cut a character and have photoshop fill in the blank space for you with an appropriate looking space.

My theory, that I can prove by doing it myself, is that whoever made the leak basically took all previous versions of the poster, cut all characters from each version and then combined all what he had. He then either had photoshop fill in the blank spaces left, or filled him out himself (these are all the spaces that are just wrong).

I myself found 7 different inconsistencies in this way that Vaanrose had not previously listed (so add those to the list he has already provided).
I can feel my heart breaking...

But on a serious note, what have you been able to discern or conclude about the parts of characters that have not been visible in past versions of the banner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom