• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The girl here looks like Elma in my opinion. Dual Swords, and the White Hair. Not to mention the woman’s outfits seems to fit Elma.

If this is the case, I get Elma and Isaac, which I would be extremely hyped for.

Though, I’m behind by a lot right now, I’m catching up. But at least we’re discussing something different for once.
What girl?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is ludicrous. So much evidence, a ridiculous amount of evidence. But all these characters, how is it possible? How is this reality?
Is this the real life
Or is this just fantasy
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the sky and see
It is just a leak
Just how real could it be
Because it's easy come, easy go
Little real, little no
Anyway this leak goes
Doesn't really matter to me...
To me...

Sorry, but it had to be done.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
reminds me of that one Geno render.
And smashified for rayman.
oh and people also had LOZ.
wait. wait. there was another one.

Leaks are leaks. need a direct to confirm it before jumping out of windows.
There is proof beyond art and renders. The leak links back to the leakers workplace and it's all legit. That isn't fake. And if it isn't fake, the leak practically real because he took pictures of real company assets. You dont fake those, you cant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if you're like me who are skeptical but open minded? Really wanting it to be true (spoilers: it does have my top character), but actively trying to find ways to discredit it?

Like--a rational person should? :grin:
The problem is, a lot of people are not rational, and react to news in the worst way possible.

Honestly, I want to see if it's not on the level, and I can't find anything so far that is conclusive.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't exactly buy this Grinch leak.

It's blurry as hell, perfect for photoshop. And it's got seven fighters, all of which are highly requested characters. Maybe except Ken.

Seems a little too good to be true.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Please.
I SUMMON @TotsBS IN ATTACK POSITION to explain why Spawn-Wave are reliable and what they got right since that guy can do it better than me.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Knowing this community, I can't believe nobody has yet claimed that this is all part of a conspiracy between Nintendo, the Grinch and Wendy's to boost publicity for all of them.
George Soroskurai has seen to it these whistleblowers won’t see the light of day again.

This is ... the Info War.

D

Deleted member

TBH all we need to end this is for a single reveal to happen so we can compare the revealed character's artwork to this leaked banner.

If it matches up, then that's that. What's making me doubt all of this though, is when the heck do you reveal 5 flippin' characters? Do they just share one massive trailer? Is November gonna be packed with reveals? Sakurai said that there wouldn't be trailers leading all the way up to release, so I doubt that'll happen. I don't think a single Direct is gonna have 5 trailers in it either...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
For the sake of playing devil's advocate:

Painting clouds in Photoshop, particularly if you own a drawing pad, is not that difficult for someone with experience doing so. It would be much harder to fake if this were an enhanced, large image. But since it's so tiny? I could totally do that, and I wasn't someone who went to school for this stuff.

Clouds are like the easiest thing to extend and recreate in my experience making new frames for our Youtube series. Eyedrop, smudge tool, paint brush, day off with nothing better to do. Done.

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
With DLC wish lists and/or predictions popping up in the scenario this turns out true I'd like to quickly mention Tails as a possibility.

Don't give me any "There's already Shadow" since he's likely just an echo. Sonic's probably first in line should a 3rd party franchise get a non-echo Newcomer. Meanwhile Knuckles (Who Tails got a mii costume with) and Shadow both got upgrades while Tails is left in the dust? That'd be nuts.
Why people says that shadow is going to be a clone? He can do so muchas bull**** whit the chaos control
Also,yes,is weird that tails doesn't even appear as an assist trophy,maybe is because he appear in the GHZ stage,i do not know

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Are you for real trying to compare a massively zoomed in high-quality focused image to a heavily zoomed-out low-quality unfocused image specifically a minor snippet of their backgrounds

We did this in the ESRB days
Yes, they don't match: especially, they look like the same picture but deformed; it's not an entirely new background, it's the same but amateurishly deformed and edited.
The background has been recreated. There are pieces of the real background, bent and stretched to cover all the space, and some parts are completely created by whoever made this. A blurry background with clouds is easy to stretch and edit without noticing the differences, especially if the final picture is so little.

Considering the incredible blurriness, the probability that Sakurai could change the background as more characters are added (you'll notice the empty Battlefield one has sunsets), and that they could easily shrink or stretch the banner to fit onto whatever it's meant to wrap around, no, it's probably not a photoshop work.
It's not the case. The background from the leak picture is not completely different, it's the same background but deformed. If you have the blank background template you don't need to stretch the clouds to make characters fit, you just leave it as it is, especially if by stretching the clouds the background becomes more ugly.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

It's blurry as hell, perfect for photoshop. And it's got seven fighters, all of which are highly requested characters. Maybe except Ken.

Ill say this one more time for your convenience. It's not just the art (which if you look closer, has a look more work than you think for a faker could reasonably do), the whole leakers background was revealed. He legitimately worked for a advertisement company and took pictures of assets.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
YOU'RE GONNA PUT SOME RESPECT ON SASSY GENO'S NAME THIS INSTANT
It did look really pretty. I give it that. I was hoping for it to be real.
Geno is the last of the great 3 from the brawl hype days.
Sakurai needs to finish the triforce to give us the ultimate power of ultimate destiny.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

Im skeptical too, but this game is including several highly requested chars(simon, ridley, k rool), so that's not a valid point against the leak, in my opinion.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
There is a possibility for this Banner, Vergeben, and whoever it is leaking Sora to all be right.

The next Smash Direct reveals the banner characters, Incineroar was probably not finished yet and will be announced as DLC which makes sense giving that pokemon is the money maker, or possibly given a solo reveal some other way (pokemon direct?), And sora being revealed at the Dorito Awards as ether base game to get day before release hype or as a Mewtwo DLC deal would be a smart move. Plus thatd make 7 newcomers? more than two...

D

Deleted member

Crash!
Elma!
Sora!
Dixie!
Rex!
Agumon! (You are welcome Graizen)

GO DLC!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.