• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I understand this but they have had the characters outlined for 3 years
You think they'd hold off on finishing Incineroar and have him miss the marketing, general hype cycle pre-release?
And Sun and Moon were still in mid production when the game was being developed, it is likely possible that they did not want to delay the game for a single addition which was just a favor to The Pokemon Company anyway, and having Incineroar be a free or First Season DLC would amend that. Of all the newcomers potential or revealed Incineroar is probably the newest being from 2016..

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Spawn Wave’s tweet is really vague imo so it’s hard to tell what exactly he meant

I took it as that he may have heard something similar to what this leak showed but its missing one character he heard, so he’s not exactly sure if its real or not due to that.

As for the tweet about Sora, its also rather vague and can be taken as both him hinting at it and shooting it down.

He said he’s planning on making a video for it today but is searching for more info so if he does have inside info like people have said I’m interested in what he says in the video.

Remember it’s been said by quite a few people that Nintendo’s been purposely leaking false info to weed out whoever’s leaking so nobody actually knows who has the right info here.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope this isn't real, because I didn't even have a chance to avoid it.
I wake up and on Youtube's front page it's FINAL ROSTER LEAK GENO BANJO ETC.
I want to be surprised, damn it!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's been out in Japan for a while, not localization yet.
Ohhhhh. Yeah, I knew about that. I just assumed the English version.

Really hope they reverse course on that whole "only for PS4" thing. I played the other two on Vita.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'd be happy but not ecstatic if the leak was real. Nearly half my wishlist is here, plus 4 other characters I'd be more than okay with, so yeah.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
So, seeing as a retro rep is really on the table now, I gotta ask: What retro rep do you want? Any character who hasn't made a major appearance since, say, the SFC/SNES.

For me, it has to be the Satellaview mascots. While I've never had the chance to actually use the Satellaview first-hand (beyond emulating) for obvious reasons, it's always fascinated me as a system. Everything from the music to the built-in hub world game to even the start up image has entranced me enough to want Satebo and Parabo, it's mascots, to be playable in Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think its real but I'm keeping my expectations at check

Mach rider and chorus kids is why because those are didn't see that coming and not even the shadows prove it fake

A mach riders gun looks like the toy gun sakurai got earlier

Pakky

Smash Hero
I cant believe Mach Rider came in and ended sexism and homophobia. She just exploded in on her mad max bike and saved smash from being dominated by men. What an icon
But no one can be Rule 34...

D

Deleted member

Never in my life have my emotions gone from 0 to 100 like this.

Okay, maybe that happened before, but still.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And Sun and Moon were still in mid production when the game was being developed, it is likely possible that they did not want to delay the game for a single addition which was just a favor to The Pokemon Company anyway, and having Incineroar be a free or First Season DLC would amend that. Of all the newcomers potential or revealed Incineroar is probably the newest being from 2016..
They clearly don't care about that as they put in Greninja before X/Y was released

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
To be fair, the same thing happened with Greninja so it was decently possible. I don't care about Incineroar either way, but the lack of any Pokemon newcomer is weird.

D

Deleted member

I cant believe Mach Rider came in and ended sexism and homophobia. She just exploded in on her mad max bike and saved smash from being dominated by men. What an icon
I-Is this is a ****post?

Chrono.

Kinda wild.

Some insider folk are "implying" this is fake while other insider folk are "implying" there's more beyond this (well mostly just SpawnWave, I haven't seen anyone else say there's more beyond this.)

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
To be honest I've always thought a Gen 8 rep for DLC would be better than Incineroar. It's good advertisement and perhaps the DLC will be switch-themed (Springman, Gen 8, etc) for first party additions.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why would you say something so brave that random people will find controversial? I'd say you're the icon here Onua

D

Deleted member

I feel like I have such a hard time being willing to buy this because holy cow is it wishlisty. Like, super wishlisty.

One thing I don't think anyone's considered is perhaps he simply fabricated these images at home, and then brought them into work so he could take the video there to help it's credibility? Not sure how plausible that is, but it certainly seems like something that could happen IMO.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm team real.
what's everyone else?

Also did you discuss the text leak that named all of these characters a few months back?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like I have such a hard time being willing to buy this because holy cow is it wishlisty. Like, super wishlisty.

One thing I don't think anyone's considered is perhaps he simply fabricated these images at home, and then brought them into work so he could take the video there to help it's credibility? Not sure how plausible that is, but it certainly seems like something that could happen IMO.
It's not wishlisty, it's just almost every single highly requested character in the game's history.
That's not wishlisty at all!

cothero

Smash Lord
If this leak is real, just imagine the mess next direct will be. Five new trailers for five new original fighters + two new echoes + new stages + new story mode + new poké ball Pokémon + new assist trophies.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
While this whole situation reminds me of ESRB, especially with the way go but, but, but in certain situations (I know because I was one of them lol), this leak also doesn't have any video. That would do a lot of good in my opinion, even like the original SnapChat video (Which I know is impossible). Until then, it's going to be way too difficult for me to believe The Grinch.

Sakurai says don't expect too many newcomers, that they might have been trigger happy with reveals, and that there were only a few reveals left during the last Smash Direct. You can throw a ton of evidence at me that Sakurai is coy and does things however he wants, but those comments always felt like such definitive hype resistors to me. To keep expressly this sort of hype train from plowing straight into the reality of the game. As it stands, I expect four of these characters to be likely. Two unique newcomers and the two obvious Echo fighters we have. Is three more unique fighters all that big of a deal in that context? Seemingly no, but with this game I would most certainly lean towards, yes that's a big deal.

I think there's a lot of effort gone into this leak. A lot more than anything we've seen before if this is indeed fake, which would usually indicate a positive situation for the leak. But the shadows especially feels like the Wario/Mr. Game and Watch portrait fame complaints from ESRB for example, and we've gotten confirmations on this guy being an actual human being. But what's to say the fake leaker didn't happen to know the real dude, and then just proceed to use his identity for the purpose of his fake leak. I know that's reaching, but it'd be a good way for everything to line up information wise, but the leak then be disproved.

WIth Sakurai trying to control hype and making his various comments, I just can't believe this leak, even if I really, really, really want to. Sakurai seemed very clear in everything else about this sort of thing... So why would he just completely break all of that in the last hour. He's the one I believe, not Verge or supposed insiders, Sakurai is the one who I'll choose to listen to.

So I'm going towards Team Fake regardless of how much my heart wants to believe this one and how much decent evidence there seems to be for this one.

D

Deleted member

It might be fake guysView attachment 171577You're welcome that my eye for detail is so keen. :p
How many times do we have to tell you guys that the original leak was a Snapchat video, and these images are stitched together from screencaps of that?

Also, no, the video is gone. Snapchat videos only stay up for a few hours. All we have are these screencaps from the video.

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
To be fair, the same thing happened with Greninja so it was decently possible. I don't care about Incineroar either way, but the lack of any Pokemon newcomer is weird.
Can we consider Squirtle and my boi Ivysaur as new Pokemon to this game??

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
How many times do we have to tell you guys that the original leak was a Snapchat video, and these images are stitched together from screencaps of that?

Also, no, the video is gone. Snapchat videos only stay up for a few hours. All we have are these screencaps from the video.
Wonder if someone Save the video.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom