• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The best pollution based Pokemon is Weezing tho
Eh.

I can concede to this I guess.
Never been a huge fan of a whole lot of the Gen I designs (well, in comparison to some of their analogues in future generations). I like all pokemon for the most part though.

I hope one day every Pokemon makes it into Smash in some way.
In Smash Brothers Ultimate 3, 20 years from now.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm going to be buying a wired Horipad.
I'm not in a position where I can spend $70 on a controller.

So my plan is to use the joycons and handheld Mode when I want to unlock stuff in single player Mode.
And the horipad + docked to mode play seriously.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well yeah, I think Trubbish cute, but I'm not sure I've ever come across someone who's favourite Pokemon is Garbodor.
1540320921983.png

That took like 5 seconds.

I like Garbodor too, BTW. Not my favorite Pokemon, but I like the way it looks.
Garbodor for Smash /s.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ok, I have a fun question.

If an Ultimate DLC Ballot does happen after the game, how many computers/phones do you own so you could try to vote as many times as possible for your character?
One phone, one tablet, my laptop, and two roommates with laptops as well.

And you better believe I WILL be throwing all my weight towards Travis Touchdown, Neku, and 2B. Especially the first two. They have a game coming or just had a remake released. Now's the time to really get that groundswell going.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
On the ballot thing.
Voting for multiple Characters once is okay
Voting multiple times for the same Characters to boost it's number is ****ty

That's my only opinion on the matter

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I never got the hatred the Trubbish line got for gen 5. It's constantly pointed at as something proving how awful the gen is but Im not sure what is so bad about it. It's not the first pokemon based on inanimate objects or even pollution for that matter(actually completes a trio with Grimer and Koffing lines) and both it and its evo seem to represent its main theme perfectly well.

"It's a garbage pokemon its awful!"
Yes it is. It's not even the first, why is that bad? lol

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Eh.

I can concede to this I guess.
Never been a huge fan of a whole lot of the Gen I designs (well, in comparison to some of their analogues in future generations). I like all pokemon for the most part though.

I hope one day every Pokemon makes it into Smash in some way.
In Smash Brothers Ultimate 3, 20 years from now.
It’s my favorite mostly due to nostalgia. Weezing was the first Pokemon I saw in the anime when I was a kid and grew attatched to it. I still appreciate its design for some reason. I don’t know why, I just think its cool.

Plus, I spent hours looking for the triple headed Weezing, the one Pokédex supposedly mentioned existed. I was a gullible child.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My favorite 'mons are Electric Mouse, Toxic Ghost, Green Time-traveling Fairy, Green Psychic Fairy, Balloon Fairy, Coin Cat, . . .

. . .I like a lot of Pokemon. . .

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like most of the poison types in Gen I. Not Ekans. I though its name was coming from frequency for years.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Smash character direction consistently manages to illuminate new depths to the style and behavior of characters, so I’ve been thinking about some of the stylistic touches that would provide Geno with some deeper panache for the first time.

I can imagine his head spinning when he’s struck, or wobbling side to side, though that might portray him in too comical a fashion ... but, who’s to say. He’s had one meaningful appearance ever, and if he’s going to be revived, some liberties will have to be taken.

I was also considering maybe when he’s launched off the top of the screen, the star spirit that possesses the doll will become a shooting star in the sky, and the lifeless doll could remain. His respawn animation could forego the descending platform and simply be the spirit possessing the doll again.

Man, Sakurai must have had fun developing him. ;) What other quirky stylistic choices do you guys think could be made with Geno’s personality/stage presence?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
This but not sarcastically
I suppose Garbodor could make a really interesting heavyweight.

A poison based movset where the poison eats away at your character would be interesting.

Combine that with Garbodor's noodle arms and the straws in them, you could give Garbodor some long range, disjointed slapping moves, and a poison gas projectile, kinda like Kirby's Poison ability in Robobot.

That'd be interesting.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Since we seem to be be posting our favorite pokemon might as well post my two current favorites. :p

Bloody hell Salazzle just won't show up >_< Forum don't like my lizard gal

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
My favorite pokemon I can recall atm are: Kricketune, Raichu, Gengar, Dusknoir, Trevenant, Tyrantrum, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Squirtle.

The only ones who'd make good fighters are Raichu, Gengar, and maybe Dusknoir imo? All the others I'd want as Pokeball summons, already are, or in Squirtle's case, are playable. (Alola Raichu is a pokeball summon too actually)

Even though Kricketune's my favorite pokemon, I don't think it'd make much sense to have him as a fighter.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Every Pokemon is someone's favourite ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ok I've never come across a lover of the Trubbish line but I'm sure that one weirdo is out there
Trubbish is super adorable and I love him. Easily my favorite Poison type.

He also evolves into Danny DeVito acording to Vinesauce lore, 10/10.
43422 - alolan_ninetales danny_devito game_pokemon game_pokemon_moon garbodor ninetales stream...png

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Man, Sakurai must have had fun developing him.
Yeah, I agree, the Mii costume is very nice. :upsidedown:

No seriously. I just hope that they don't go the "Emotionless puppet" Route that Mods give him. I would be genuinely mad. He have so many expression in SMRPG.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I have a fun question.

If an Ultimate DLC Ballot does happen after the game, how many computers/phones do you own so you could try to vote as many times as possible for your character?
I'll take every advantage I can.

Two laptops, my phone, and if they can handle it, my 2DS, Wii U and DSi.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
My memory’s a little rough of that era but I believe Shadow, Ridley, K. Rool, Wolf and Rayman were my votes on the ballot. May have put one down for Zero as well.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

My team. Every time. No matter what version I'm playing. And none of them will ever be playable but Mewtwo.

I am a creature of habit.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Smash character direction consistently manages to illuminate new depths to the style and behavior of characters, so I’ve been thinking about some of the stylistic touches that would provide Geno with some deeper panache for the first time.

I can imagine his head spinning when he’s struck, or wobbling side to side, though that might portray him in too comical a fashion ... but, who’s to say. He’s had one meaningful appearance ever, and if he’s going to be revived, some liberties will have to be taken.

I was also considering maybe when he’s launched off the top of the screen, the star spirit that possesses the doll will become a shooting star in the sky, and the lifeless doll could remain. His respawn animation could forego the descending platform and simply be the spirit possessing the doll again.

Man, Sakurai must have had fun developing him. ;) What other quirky stylistic choices do you guys think could be made with Geno’s personality/stage presence?
Are you TRYING to trigger me?! :p

D

Deleted member

Which one there are like 10 of those.
Pikachu
Raichu
Pichu
Plusle
Minun
Dedenne
Alolan Raichu

Only seven. :V
The rest are squirrels and a hedgehog. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
My favorites (well, I have a lot, really) are Zoroark, Haxorus, Yveltal, Houndoom, Scizor, Manectric, Umbreon, Aegislash, Gliscor and Talonflame, among others. Does anybody really want to see me name more than 100?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom