• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I actually like a lot of legendary/mythical Pokémon, but I'm really iffy on Manaphy, Phione, Jirachi, and Victini. I'll take questions, please.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I actually like a lot of legendary/mythical Pokémon, but I'm really iffy on Manaphy, Phione, Jirachi, and Victini. I'll take questions, please.
Manaphy, Phione and Victini i'm not huge fans of either, but Jirachi is a precious star child here to grant your wishes how dare you?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Deoxys is pretty dang good. The first couple Pokemon movies were really good, and then they got weird fast.
*Remembers talking Pikachu at the end of I Choose You*
Thanks for reminding me of that Noipoi

Maybe it's recency bias, but I really like Lunala.
The fact that it basically grew up with you is really cute to me.
Lunala is definitely one of my favorite legendaries, but Giratina takes the cake for me.
2487-Shiny-Giratina.png

You can't beat this mate.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Favourite Pokemon???

well it's gotta be klefki, natu, komala, phantump, litwick, i could go on

D

Deleted member

Glaceon is and forever will be my favorite. Mawile and Mismagius are big favorites of mine as well. If I had to pick one to put in Smash, though, I've always liked the idea of Gardevoir and Lopunny.

I like a lot of ghost, water, and grass Pokemon. Bug also has a lotta cool ones in it.

I'm also one of the ten people in the world that likes most of Gen 5's 'Mons. Granted, I'm a little biased because Black 2 was my first mainline Pokemon (and is still my favorite one). :p

Iridium

Smash Hero
Make a whole new type, just for it.
I'm actually serious about the typing. Bird-type for Missingno. is real, if you check Bulbapedia.

Manaphy, Phione and Victini i'm not huge fans of either, but Jirachi is a precious star child here to grant your wishes how dare you?
It's this that gets me.

"This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter."

Why doesn't it carry me? I want it to carry me! I want to be carried! :troll:

It's actually fine with me otherwise. Jirachi, I'll need more convincing for.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like Jirachi.

I was disappointed to find that you either needed an old promo disc for Pokemon Colosseum or it was Japan-exclusive, but then that year of mythical 'mons came (technically I had a Jirachi from a used, hacked Pokemon Pearl, but you can't transport those through Pokemon Bank...).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nobody seems to care for :ultdaisy: and :ultdarksamus:...oof
:ultdaisy::ultdarksamus: and :ultchrom: are naturally getting the least votes since they're nearly 1:1 clones of characters we've already been playing since Melee.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Spikes (Meteor Smashes) can no longer let opponents to tech to the ground meaning that combos that previously required spikes (example Captain Falcon's Dair to Knee) are now true combos!

Seems like Ultimate's combo game is going to be nearly as free flowing as Melee!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultdaisy::ultdarksamus: and :ultchrom: are naturally getting the least votes since they're nearly 1:1 clones of characters we've already been playing since Melee.
Inkling having so little votes surprises me though. I know around here :ultridley: and :ultkrool: would be on top but I expected at least a few more to be hyped for the squid kids.

D

Deleted member

...I'm not gonna lie, I actually got more excited for Dark Samus than I did Ridley.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
My favourite Pokémon is Sudowoodo.

And he should be playable in Smash before any other Pokémon. Outlandish statement I know.

Hear me out, which Pokemon is as quirky, clumsy, lovable, and focused when it needs to be as Sudo? None.

This Pokemon would toss bonsleys like villagers bowling ball, use squirt bottles like fludd and have a roadblock mechanic, meaning you aint moving threw this guy.
He'd have all the insane damage attacks that give recoil damage like wood hammer... But guess due to his ability he aint taken recoil. His alt skin would be GOLD.

Name a better poke then ma man Sewd's.

:185:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It kind of sucks that a lot of the playable Pokemon are starters. We only have 4 Pokemon that are non-starters, with one of them being a semi-clone. I kind of wish we had a more diverse roster of playable Pokemon.

Then again there are over 800 of them, so that might be difficult to limit them down to around 10.

At least Pokken Tournament is a thing.

P.S. Thank you everyone for 1,000 likes! I never expected to get this many this fast!
Seriously I have no idea how I got these likes. :bee:

D

Deleted member

Inkling having so little votes surprises me though. I know around here :ultridley: and :ultkrool: would be on top but I expected at least a few more to be hyped for the squid kids.
Inklings are popular, it's just one of those instances like Isabelle where they aren't popular here.

There's also the "They were expected, no one got all that excited for them" responses. :rolleyes:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It kind of sucks that a lot of the playable Pokemon are starters. We only have 4 Pokemon that are non-starters, with one of them being a semi-clone. I kind of wish we had a more diverse roster of playable Pokemon.

Then again there are over 800 of them, so that might be difficult to limit them down to around 10.

At least Pokken Tournament is a thing.

P.S. Thank you everyone for 1,000 likes! I never expected to get this many this fast!
Seriously I have no idea how I got these likes. :bee:
1,001 now. :p

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Never played the games past Diamond, but Chesnaught was my favorite starter design-wise since Feraligatr; that was the most frustrating part for me about Greninja's inclusion in Sm4sh, since I liked him by far the least of the Gen 6 starters.
I always loved Johtomon the best of any gen - Sneasel, Girafarig, Pichu, Raikou and Suicune all favs besides my all-time favorite mon Totodile. Other favorites for me are Mawile, Leafeon, Drampa, Dragalge, Goodra, Carracosta, Maractus, Luxray...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Poipole is my new favorite Pokemon.
I've only known him for a year and he's already taken over my heart.
1539463945724.jpg

I really hope it's a Pokeball summon.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what you mean by communication. I admit I don't follow a lot of other video game companies enough to know what you mean. Just that Nintendo gave more frequent updates on their games? In which case you mean you have an issue with how Nintendo markets, not just Smash?

Which I totally get, they have a style of surprises that they like to commit to. But then yea that's not a Smash specific problem...am I misunderstanding?

Also I appreciate your commitment to wanting to stay in topic with Smash :)

No, not speaking in specifics but generally from what I've seen with this thread it's people being bored and dissapointed with how the blog is run. Not really marketing.
Yeah, i meant nintendo as a company which also spreads to smash.

It might be more noticeable to me because i bought the switch for smash (i dont really like many of their titles) so i usually follow other media rather than Nintendo.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Spikes (Meteor Smashes) can no longer let opponents to tech to the ground meaning that combos that previously required spikes (example Captain Falcon's Dair to Knee) are now true combos!

Seems like Ultimate's combo game is going to be nearly as free flowing as Melee!
Melee combos? Nice, I can't wait to see Fox killing out of a grab at 60%

Jokes aside, isn't teching spikes actually gives more freedom to the one getting combo'ed?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I like Jirachi.

I was disappointed to find that you either needed an old promo disc for Pokemon Colosseum or it was Japan-exclusive, but then that year of mythical 'mons came (technically I had a Jirachi from a used, hacked Pokemon Pearl, but you can't transport those through Pokemon Bank...).
I had that bonus disc. I wanted to keep my Jirachi for every new Gen that came out, but I lost my Sapphire cartridge. r.i.p.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My favorite Pokemon? Gosh it hurts me to narrow it down and it tends to shift around a bit depending on my mood, but I think my answer would actually be Type: Null. I also really like Absol, Mewtwo, Gyarados, Wishiwashi, Mega Sableye, Mega Sceptile, Ninjask/Shedinja, Rayquaza, and of course Venusaur and Charizard. Actually I have a bit of a funny story about those last two.

My first pokemon game was Fire Red. Like most people who started with red version, I picked the title's mascot pokemon on my first playthrough and went with Charmander. Like the scrub I was, I used only Charmander and no other pokemon, steamrolling the entire game with just my one over leveled Charizard. That is, of course, until I reached the Elite Four and got brick walled by Lorelei and her multiple water-types. So rather then doing the logical thing and grinding up new team of pokemon, I decided to start again entirely from scratch and created a new save file, choosing Bulbasaur that time. I then replayed the entire game through all the way to the elite four, trying to collect rare pokemon in particular, and beat it with a team of Venusaur / Raichu / Vaporeon / Kadabra / Dragonite / Gyarados. Kadabra was also super over leveled at about level 70 since I didn't realize you had to trade to evolve it and completely carried me through the champion battle.

But anyway consider myself just as much of a Bulbasaur guy as a Charmander one. It also helps that I really love Mega Venusaur's design.

Still though, this beautiful backsprite will always be ingrained from my mind from my very first Pokemon playthrough.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Favorite Pokémon is and has always been Venusaur :003:. It's never been close to being dethroned either, with how many years it's been my favorite it's just too important to me for it to be otherwise.

The Pokémon I'd most like to see in Smash would be Nidoking though, with its crazy movepool it'd have so much potential, and we don't have any fighters that do anything like what you could do with a plethora of Ground and Poison moves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom