• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Chun-Li ends up as an Assist. That would only leave Tails or another Final Fantasy character as the strongest contenders for if a 3rd party franchise should ever get a non-echo Newcomer in this game.

Which I doubt happens in the base game. But should certainly at least be a consideration once we hit DLC.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I kinda hope there's a Pokemon and Assist Trophy toggle because I would totally have fun with some of those on all the time but only really the ones I care about hahaha

Mostly Moon and Kap'n for assists ...

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ok yeah he's an attention *****

Also he confirmed the codes were fake

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm not surprised at all, he actually admitted that those codes were fake and he made it to mess with the smash community.

One advice for him tho: posting legit things or correct leak doesn't mean that you're credible leaker for once. Loz found out the hard way.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for?
Any of these:
Xenoblade
Prologue B
Unfinished Battle
Zanza
Beyond The Sky
Engage the Enemy (full remix pls)
Uncontrollable
Wir Fliegen
Don't Worry
Noctilum (Day)
CODENAME Z
THEME X
The Way
Black Tar
The Key We've Lost
You Will Recall Our Names
Counterattack
Those Who Stand Against our Path
Bringer of Chaos
Incoming!
Roamin' the Wastes
Shadows of the Lowland
Song of Giga Rosa
Drifting Soul
Deathmatch with Torna
Battle!! (Torna)

Fire Emblem
Twilight of the Gods
Alight
Justice RIP
Road Taken
A Dark Fall
End of All
Don't Speak Her Name

Zelda
Eclipse of the Moon
Final Hours
Riding (Night)
The Divine Trial
Hyrule Castle remix

Pokemon
I got tired so SM music

And One Winger Angel

Iridium

Smash Hero
That Bayo player was totally rusty. Even after the nerfs, I still expect her to be at least in the Top 10.
Well, I'll just say that this didn't really change my thoughts on Bayo's viability at all. It's just fun seeing more characters be successful. But don't you think it's a bit too early to decide out of less than half the roster, who's where on the tier list? I would wait.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That Bayo player was totally rusty. Even after the nerfs, I still expect her to be at least in the Top 10.
Yeah, I'm gonna chalk this up to the Bayonetta being bad.

She got stomped 4 times in a row... I don't care how many buffs you get, that's just fighting against a bad opponent.

D

Deleted member

NGL, if Bayo plummeted in tiers, I'd definitely have a good chuckle, especially if K. Rool (who people have been bashing lately in this thread, for some reason) had a leg-up on her.

Nah, in all seriousness, Bayo will still be good, just not S++ shut down everything levels of good.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's just fun seeing more characters be successful. But don't you think it's a bit too early to decide out of less than half the roster, who's where on the tier list?.
Yeah, I can see Pikachu getting some buffs reverted in the final product, for one.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Here's the franchises so far without Assist Trophies (excluding Pokemon for obvious reasons):

:ultyoshi::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud:

Ideas?

Yoshi has plenty, but I would like to see Burt the Bashful jumping around the stage! Eventually, his pants fall down and he get embarrassed and leaves!

Ice Climbers probably doesn't need one, but the Polar Bear acting like it did in Smash Run would suffice.

Game & Watch... uh...

ROB could have Professor Hector I guess.

Wii Fit - the Balance Board?

Punch Out has like a million options really. Glass Joe, King Hippo, Bald Bull etc.

Duck Hunt - eh, probably doesn'd need one.

Street Fighter - Chun Li or Cammy

FF - Sephiroth? I don't really know the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm genuinely so glad that we're allowed to speculate and wishlist as much as we want here, and the mods are surprisingly lenient on being off-topic.

Neo Ark Cradle's mods are tyrannical overlords, the entire board will go dead silent for days on end because nobody is allowed to wishlist or go even slightly off topic. It's almost depressing how inactive that place is, especially compared to here.

AND NOW
FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A MONTH
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for? I still need Porky Means Business, Strong One, and Porky's Theme from the Mother series, and I yearn for the second Pauline song from the end of Odyssey. Blizzeta's 2nd phase from Twilight Princess is still my most desired Zelda track. And please inject the Rundas theme directly into my veins.
Kirby - Moonstruck Blossom
Fire Emblem - Reincarnation from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE...what? It counts and yes I'm a filthy weeb
Sonic - Aqua Road, Hi-Spec Robo Go
F-Zero - Theme of Captain Falcon (I've been waiting 8 years for this...)
Metal Gear - just please bring Calling to the Night back I beg you
Street Fighter - VOLCANIC MOTHER ****ING RIM

and everything monadoboy monadoboy said with a few additions to Xenoblade: Sylvalum (night), Yggralith Zero's theme, Telethia the Endbringer's theme, and Prog Ares's theme

...on a side note no blog entry yet??

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Chun-Li ends up as an Assist. That would only leave Tails or another Final Fantasy character as the strongest contenders for if a 3rd party franchise should ever get a non-echo Newcomer in this game.

Which I doubt happens in the base game. But should certainly at least be a consideration once we hit DLC.
Inb4 they make all Sonic characters a full echo of Sonic, except Amy...she’d also be an echo of :ultkingdedede:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Do you guys think that EVERY Smash info will be revealed on the next Smash Direct?
I hope so
Yes, because I always considered that there would be two Directs. One in August, one in October, two months apart from each other, as well as two months apart from the E3 Direct and the December launch date. This would pace the information pretty evenly and, well, just overall make sense.

But we didn't get an October Direct, so we're obviously getting one in November. That'd give at least a little bit of time for the final info to stew before release.

Sakurai either is going to make Shadow, Skull Kid or Isaac fans really happy or really sad. For Isaac, not sure if becoming an assist again or left out again is worse. Seems cruel to string them out this long, but Ashley fans had to go months hoping before getting assist'd.

(also where my Mr. Resetti fans at)
I don't see why Sakurai would explicitly exclude them from being seen if they were still Assist Trophies. They showed Ashley and Lyn, after all; two characters who have been requested quite a bit. There's only a few other unshown Assist Trophies from SSB4 that are liable to become full fighters.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Sephiroth shows up, disappears.

Then a moment later drops down and impales an opponent. Like Death's Scythe, If their damage was more then 100% (Or made over 100% after the impalement) they're instantly KOed :V

Post-traumatic stress for Cloud and/or Aerith lovers
He should cast heartless angel and make your opponents health go straight to 100%

Iridium

Smash Hero
It would be a terrible shame for Ditto to have no part in the Fighting Man Team, when we see it come back of course. Especially for how long we never got to see it do anything...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It would be a terrible shame for Ditto to have no part in the Fighting Man Team, when we see it come back of course. Especially for how long we never got to see it do anything...
It makes me sad to think about the Fighting Man Team because I'm afraid that it'll be Miis again.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Not really important anymore, but the blog entry numbers a missing one entry. Green Greens was 180, then Cloud, Palutena and Luigi. Luigi's memory is 185, meaning Luigi himself would be 184 and then Ditto today is 186.

I'm bored, so here I am, pointing things out while I save pictures.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Ditto, incidentally, would be the only Pokeball I would use.
8-Player Smash, Ice Climbers only, Poké Ball only, Ditto only, Final Destination only.

I can imagine the chaos already, and it is beautiful.

SonicMario

Smash Master
With Ditto being tonight's post I want to mention something I thought about a long while ago some time after Ditto was confirmed that I wouldn't mind if the Multi-Man fighter of Ultimate turned out to be Fighting Ditto Team that works like the Fighting Polygon Team. (Heck, they'd both be purple. Just one is gooey rather then polygonal)

D

Deleted member

I kinda hope there's a Pokemon and Assist Trophy toggle because I would totally have fun with some of those on all the time but only really the ones I care about hahaha

Mostly Moon and Kap'n for assists ...
Just give me proper assists that I can choose so I can have my squad out for battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom